Clyde v Arbroath

Im sure you no more about it than me as its your ground but How much of the main stand was closed though? About a 1/4?? How much more stewards does it take for that, surely it can't cost more than opening a full other stand, if it does that's utter madness, 

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2016/12/29/5371/#.WI3A1JtFDqA

You can see how much of the stand is closed in the above link. I don't know all the ins and outs of it.

We wouldn't be opening all of the stand behind the goal. It would only be a small section which requires less stewards to be employed than opening all of the main stand. Assuming it is to do with the amount of exits in the main stand and areas that require stewards to patrol them.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2016/12/29/5371/#.WI3A1JtFDqA

You can see how much of the stand is closed in the above link. I don't know all the ins and outs of it.

We wouldn't be opening all of the stand behind the goal. It would only be a small section which requires less stewards to be employed than opening all of the main stand. Assuming it is to do with the amount of exits in the main stand and areas that require stewards to patrol them.

And your not supposed to sit in section 2/ 3 either according to the instructions yesterday ha ha

But the club are organising a sponsored brewery tour I would suggest you bring your own bottle :)

11 hours ago, sydney said:

The Board does what it should do and tell him he can't go on

Agreed Sydney

It's cause & effect.  If it's true they've backed themselves into a financial corner, they have to take a step back and look at how they got themselves into that mess. Then make a decision

Crowds are this low due to 5 years of this garbage = reduced income.  But they need to realise the potential they have, there's a lot more than the 400 that's currently turning up.  So if they stick with a manager who fails to deliver purely for any "other benefit" he's bringing, they're going to compound the problem, crowds will get even lower, and they'll rely even more on that. It'll end in disaster

If they bring in someone with managerial nouse who can work with a decent squad and get it back on track, crowds will increase.  They'll increase further through promotion, so they can either take a long term view and get themselves out a vicious circle or they'll be culpable for what happens

Even the incident yesterday.  Whoever spat on the Arbroath fan was completely out of order.  But 10 years ago, that couldnt even have happened.  With the crowd levels we had, there's no chance away fans would have been shown to that area. Ever decreasing circles.

2 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Agreed Sydney

It's cause & effect.  If it's true they've backed themselves into a financial corner, they have to take a step back and look at how they got themselves into that mess. Then make a decision

Crowds are this low due to 5 years of this garbage = reduced income.  But they need to realise the potential they have, there's a lot more than the 400 that's currently turning up.  So if they stick with a manager who fails to deliver purely for any "other benefit" he's bringing, they're going to compound the problem, crowds will get even lower, and they'll rely even more on that. It'll end in disaster

If they bring in someone with managerial nouse who can work with a decent squad and get it back on track, crowds will increase.  They'll increase further through promotion, so they can either take a long term view and get themselves out a vicious circle or they'll be culpable for what happens

Even the incident yesterday.  Whoever spat on the Arbroath fan was completely out of order.  But 10 years ago, that couldnt even have happened.  With the crowd levels we had, there's no chance away fans would have been shown to that area. Ever decreasing circles.

I have to agree with all of this. A series of poor decisions and questionable leadership have brought a once great club to a sorry impasse. Clyde deserves better. No Scottish football fan can take pleasure in what has happened to your club.

I have to agree with all of this. A series of poor decisions and questionable leadership have brought a once great club to a sorry impasse. Clyde deserves better. No Scottish football fan can take pleasure in what has happened to your club.

Birthday caird pish

Not being funny and no disrespect to Clyde here but personally couldn't care lees, and I'm sure if we were in the same position Clyde fans would say the same

Highlights of the game above.

Just emphasises how poor I thought the defending was at both Arbroath goals. You can pass up the amount of clear cut chances we had in the first half and expect to get something from the game.

We don't do enough to stop crosses coming into the box and are hopeless at defending them. The majority of goals we lose are from poor defending from crosses or corners.

8 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Add me to the list of walkers... wasn't there today as I was driving back from Barcelona. Definitely not going on Tuesday and Saturday I'm in Mönchengladbach. Cowdenbeath game? Nah sack it, that's me finished until that p***k Ferguson is gone. 1 point out of a potential 18 is not good enough, it really is sackable form. 

lol you sound like gunther pal hes always bragin where hes been and likes folk to know you walk away if you want noone cares you need to wake up pal and get behind the club its needs folk to get together barry wont quit so get used to it and we wont be goin down so whats the issue always next season

Just watched highlights also; defending is just woeful but Gibson again Jesus wept! How many goals does he gift?

Will be interested to see the Clyde highlights when they are up, I assume they will show the handball decision, just to be clear I'm not saying the linesman lost us the game just want to see the incident

Just watched highlights also; defending is just woeful but Gibson again Jesus wept! How many goals does he gift?
Will be interested to see the Clyde highlights when they are up, I assume they will show the handball decision, just to be clear I'm not saying he lost us the game just want to see the incident.

I was right in line with it, personally think it hit his shoulder and nobody would've even shouted for it if he didn't move his body towards the ball

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I was right in line with it, personally think it hit his shoulder and nobody would've even shouted for it if he didn't move his body towards the ball

The Clyde highlights show a very clear, deliberate hand ball.  His arm moves out from his body and he plays the ball with his forearm.  Being right in line with it may have made it less obvious.

'The Annan fans said McNiff done alright at left back...'. :(

'Everybody has a hard time again Linn, not just Phil Johnstone...!' :(:(

'Johnstone's got great recovery pace' :(:(:(

'But if Lowden wasn't injured...!' :wacko:

'We're spoiled with Barry' :shutup

This is just some of the sycophantic commentary we've passed between ourselves this season, like the salt at the dining table of our own funeral reception.

It's worth planting a flag here, I think. When or if we arrest our decline, let's resolve not to insist on the usefulness of players and managers who're manifestly rubbish, mediocre, barely tried or simply unsuccessful. And let's keep in mind how different that is from choosing among evils; if we've a crap bunch to pick from, we're as well to assemble them as best we can. That is a mile away from being pleased about them being here which, unfortunately, to read some posters, you would think they were, such is their determination to absolve the management, or club more broadly, of any wrongdoing.

'The Annan fans said McNiff done alright at left back...'. [emoji20]

'Everybody has a hard time again Linn, not just Phil Johnstone...!' [emoji20][emoji20]

'Johnstone's got great recovery pace' [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

'But if Lowden wasn't injured...!' :wacko:

'We're spoiled with Barry' :shutup

This is just some of the sycophantic commentary we've passed between ourselves this season, like the salt at the dining table of our own funeral reception.

It's worth planting a flag here, I think. When or if we arrest our decline, let's resolve not to insist on the usefulness of players and managers who're manifestly rubbish, mediocre, barely tried or simply unsuccessful. And let's keep in mind how different that is from choosing among evils; if we've a crap bunch to pick from, we're as well to assemble them as best we can. That is a mile away from being pleased about them being here which, unfortunately, to read some posters, you would think they were, such is their determination to absolve the management, or club more broadly, of any wrongdoing.

Still raging at oliver being put out on loan :)

Lucky to take all 3 points there. Some very poor finishing from Clyde spared us. Arguably the poorest defensive performance Little and Hamilton have had together this season, but they scored the goals so they get a pass.

As for the crowd issue, it was surely something that could have been easily avoided with a bit of dialogue between fans, board and stewards in advance.

There was around 20 of us that got to the ground at 2.30pm and were saw the usual away gates were shut. We were given no specific instruction by stewards for seating, so took a cluster of seats that were all together.

The young lads behind us seemed to be in a bit of a competition to see who could be a big man but, aside from one of our fans scarves being grabbed and a few shouts, it was fairly uneventful (I didn't see any spitting, personally).

That being said, it just takes one dodgy comment taken the wrong way for it to kick off.

The difference with Gayfield being typically unsegregated is that the fans are spread over a greater area and everyone has a lot more freedom to move.

21 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Still raging at oliver being put out on loan :)

I didn't actually realise he'd been loaned out again until I read the other thread just there. To be fair to Barry, that's nothing short of sensible (£). We've got a cracking pool of full-backs now: McNeil, Finnie, MacMillan.

Archived