Uefa nations league

Bambino7

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Anytime I have seen that Werner play for Germany he looks an absolute diddy

He's a strange one. Scores goals and has a burst of pace but he never (like literally never) looks up. He just plays like he's stupid.

This German side is uninspiring. Rudiger and Ginter trying to be attacking wingbacks?!

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Early days but this is a great replacement for friendlies.

Agreed, especially the D league looks great for these countries, who have apparently all really been looking forward to this competition. Finally some competitive games against opposition of their level with a shot on qualifying for Euro 2020.

Even though it was 0-0, I really enjoyed Germany v France. Great replacement for friendlies, I expect that point to be hammered home tomorrow when Scotland v Belgium sees two under strength sides give no fucks at all for 90 minutes in front of a crowd that could fit into Meggetland.

11 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

What a goal for Wales! They've looked really good going forward. 

I don't get Ireland. They almost always make it to the play-offs in qualification, and yet I don't think I've ever seen them actually play well.

They're 'industrial' and always have been.  Plus in every qualifying campaign they pull an away win out of the bag against their close rivals.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
9 hours ago, red23 said:
Just think Wales approach of capping everyone English in case they become good is pathetic.
It's what i used to do on championship manager when a player had dual nationality.

Why is it pathetic? If they are winning games does it matter?

Indeed.  It's called playing the system.  Perfectly acceptable IMO.

Archived