Fish Shaggers v Sheep Shaggers

Wasn't blaming the ref for the defeat although it would be nice to get a competent one once in a while,this game was like the last one we played Forfar nothing in it but they got the goal this time, we had as many chances as them.

We were lacking something yesterday, not sure if it was a midfield presence or just someone to get a foot on the ball.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched the highlights I haven't really changed my mind on anything.

Penalty for me on Doris and I think Hodge was only a yellow.

No pen for Forfar or Ferns.

If we play Skelly and Linn on the wings the fullbacks have to overlap for it to work and they just didn't yesterday.

One of the main reasons our strikers don't score goals is the service they get in most cases is poor. We were unbalanced with Hodge and Whatley in the middle. What's wrong with Malin? He was playing well when coming on and Mccord gets suspended and he doesn't get a sniff.

jimmy has a calf strain so i was told yesterday.totally agree regarding service to our strikers at times its so poor.doris left stirling as there top scorer last season the guy can score not just him prutnys record speaks for its self a goal scorer comes to arbroath and it doesnt happen is it these guys fault no the service they get is so poor

Was a fantastic result yesterday for the loons, but a substandard performance from both sides I felt!

First half we never really looked like we wanted to win the game until we scored the goal.

Second half felt that we could of put the game to bed with a couple of decent efforts.

Stonewall penalty in my eyes to Arbroath, but also think it was a stonewall penalty with the challenge on Denholm in the second half!
Peters played reasonably well, still looks like he's lacking the confidence he had earlier on this season.
Thought Danny Denholm, was exceptional today, ran his socks of for 90 minutes.

Glad TOB & Travis are now playing as a CB pairing, exactly what it should of been when Travis came back from injury!

Malone though? Confused why he's playing centre midfield, while we have Foxy sat on the bench??
The game was crying out for Foxy to come on & try dictate the tempo and play!

Overall pleased with the result, not so pleased with the performance but I'll take 3 points against the Licthies any way possible.

Also how was Bryan Hodge not sent off??????!!!!!

Was a fantastic result yesterday for the loons, but a substandard performance from both sides I felt!

First half we never really looked like we wanted to win the game until we scored the goal.

Second half felt that we could of put the game to bed with a couple of decent efforts.

Stonewall penalty in my eyes to Arbroath, but also think it was a stonewall penalty with the challenge on Denholm in the second half!
Peters played reasonably well, still looks like he's lacking the confidence he had earlier on this season.
Thought Danny Denholm, was exceptional today, ran his socks of for 90 minutes.

Glad TOB & Travis are now playing as a CB pairing, exactly what it should of been when Travis came back from injury!

Malone though? Confused why he's playing centre midfield, while we have Foxy sat on the bench??
The game was crying out for Foxy to come on & try dictate the tempo and play!

Overall pleased with the result, not so pleased with the performance but I'll take 3 points against the Licthies any way possible.

Also how was Bryan Hodge not sent off??????!!!!!

Denholm was never a pen.

As I didn't make it to the match I can only base my opinions on the highlights. Arbroath's first half penalty claim was a hard one, either a penalty or a yellow card for simulation. I would've been screaming for a penalty if it had been the other way but there was enough doubt for the ref to not give it but the Lichties have every right to be upset. We had a legitimate claim for a penalty for the challenge on Denholm in the second half so we're evens on that. The penalty shout for Arbroath in the second wasn't a penalty. It was outside the box, falling into the penalty box does not make it a penalty. It was a foul though. Hodge was rightly yellow carded, bad foul but no malice or intent. Carbon copy of the challenge by Elliot Smith for us up here against Rangers a few years ago. He got a red but I felt it should have been just a yellow for the same reasons as Hodge. Hodge is prone to "lack of skill" challenges, he's not dirty just not very talented.

As for the result it would be unfair to judge on only highlights but the team who scores the most goals wins....

Dick's interview? The usual bluff and bluster, does he really think his team will catch, never mind overtake, the Loons?

23 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Correct....and neither was Doris...no contact on his collapsing legs. 

You have previous at being the "village idiot", penalty any day of the week, now jog on

4 minutes ago, ecto said:

You have previous at being the "village idiot", penalty any day of the week, now jog on

A. Study the video and look for 'leg' contact

B. Come back when you have played and learned the game at a decent level. 

C. Prepare for the Montrose play-off game. 

10 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

A. Study the video and look for 'leg' contact

B. Come back when you have played and learned the game at a decent level. 

C. Prepare for the Montrose play-off game. 

Come on the Mo. Let's hope Kerr Hay gets right in about you with Sanny waiting to stab home from 3 yards!

Archived