• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cameron2000 said:

Think it will be off or just in a dire condition tommorow?

It will depend how much actually falls, it's low tide around midday which will help with the drainage. Problem you have is you need the rain to stop before you can fork it and it doesn't look good for that at the moment. I think it will go ahead but it will be messy.

It will depend how much actually falls, it's low tide around midday which will help with the drainage. Problem you have is you need the rain to stop before you can fork it and it doesn't look good for that at the moment. I think it will go ahead but it will be messy.

Cheers. Hope it's on.

4 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Stephen McGinn appointed new Club captain - tomorrow will be the first game this season where we will have a leader on the park :)

Who was your old captain? I've got Andy Webster in my mind, but I can't remember if I've just imagined that.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Who was your old captain? I've got Andy Webster in my mind, but I can't remember if I've just imagined that.

Webster when he was fit (rarely) - he was the quietest captain I have ever seen in a team. And Irvine when Webster wasn't playing - again no leadership qualities.

Just now, NorthBank said:

Webster when he was fit (rarely) - he was the quietest captain I have ever seen in a team. And Irvine when Webster wasn't playing - again no leadership qualities.

Ah that's right, Irvine had the armband when we last played at home. I had a look at your squad, but nobody really jumped out as a natural leader...hopefully McGinn isn't either ;)

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've got the fear over this one. Of all the last-chance saloons we've been in this season, this one feels the last-chanciest.

We really need to start making up ground on Ayr, they are due a win soon surely. Not confident though, will take another few weeks for the team to gel I fear.

8 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Stephen McGinn appointed new Club captain - tomorrow will be the first game this season where we will have a leader on the park :)

No brainer. Head and shoulders above everyone, quite literally too, forgot how tall he was. Maybe because we have been used to watching meatball more recently.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Ah that's right, Irvine had the armband when we last played at home. I had a look at your squad, but nobody really jumped out as a natural leader...hopefully McGinn isn't either ;)

I am sure you do! McGinn only played the last 20 mins last week but he automatically showed leadership qualities - constantly telling people what to do and geeing them up. Something we have not seen since Goody left. Even after the match there were calls to make McGinn captain. Glad to see the BoD have listened to the fans!

5 hours ago, P475 said:

From what I've seen of both teams I'd say that the saints will go marching home with three points in their pocket. 

Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but I think both sides have changed a great deal since you last saw either of them play; this is the thing about modern football, you can have two or three different teams in the one season.  Saints will have about four players tomorrow who total 68 minutes in a Buddies jersey - that might be instant karma or whatever the opposite is.

We shall see.

24 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Who plays goalie these days for Saints.Can we expect another pin point pass to one of our forwards so we can roll the ball into an empty net.

Billy O'Brien these days. 

Clangers is reserve. That game he passed it to the strikers was a real pivotal moment, we weren't under any threat at all. Will Dumbarton play the same in this game and just camp behind the ball and hope to pick us off? After all a draw is fine for you, we're must win territory. 

3 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Billy O'Brien these days. 

Clangers is reserve. That game he passed it to the strikers was a real pivotal moment, we weren't under any threat at all. Will Dumbarton play the same in this game and just camp behind the ball and hope to pick us off? After all a draw is fine for you, we're must win territory. 

Fortunately I don't think we will. That game was about as poorly as we played in the first half of the season, and encapsulated why many fans wanted shot of Aitken (myself included). The results were poor, but the football was absolutely God awful.

There's been a noticeable change since the Bonnyrigg defeat. We've switched formation, actually take the game to the opposition and have became a whole lot better to watch as a result. Guys like Andy Stirling have gone from being the definition of meh to looking like extremely positive Championship players, whilst we're finally seeing the best of Sam Stanton. He shipped out deadwood like Stevo, Pettigrew and Wright (along with the utterly meh Todd) and brought in guys who are hungry and suit our style of play.

Now I've said all that we'll revert to 4-5-1 and pump long balls onto your centre-back's heads for 90+4 minutes tomorrow.

Archived