• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing quite a few people only realising now that they can't get a ticket on the day. Lost revenue for Dumbarton. Crazy.

To be fair it's been all over our website and both the official and B&W Army Twitters. As stupid an idea as it is, anyone who didn't know must lead a very insular life.

To be fair it's been all over our website and both the official and B&W Army Twitters. As stupid an idea as it is, anyone who didn't know must lead a very insular life.

I agree, I think people thought our ticket office might have been open for a few hours today as well.

We've got a lad on our bus who has travelled down from Dingwall. I'm sure he'll have more fun in the Bowling Club anyway!

Seeing quite a few people only realising now that they can't get a ticket on the day. Lost revenue for Dumbarton. Crazy.

I know of a couple of 'fairweather' Sons fans who were up for popping along to the game for something to do.

Safe to say when I informed them midweek it would involve a jaunt to the stadium to collect a ticket outwith the day of the match they decided it wasn't worth the hassle. Folk who attend now and again aren't committed enough to visit the stadium midweek to buy a ticket, they simply want to turn up and pay their money. I'd be the same in their position.

Even if St Mirren sold their full allocation I still don't understand why we couldn't operate a cash gate for the home end. We've had far, far worse than the St Mirren supporters brushing shoulders with us in the home end tbh if that's their reasoning for not doing it.

I know of a couple of 'fairweather' Sons fans who were up for popping along to the game for something to do.

Safe to say when I informed them midweek it would involve a jaunt to the stadium to collect a ticket outwith the day of the match they decided it wasn't worth the hassle. Folk who attend now and again aren't committed enough to visit the stadium midweek to buy a ticket, they simply want to turn up and pay their money. I'd be the same in their position.

Even if St Mirren sold their full allocation I still don't understand why we couldn't operate a cash gate for the home end. We've had far, far worse than the St Mirren supporters brushing shoulders with us in the home end tbh if that's their reasoning for not doing it.

Don't know if it's down to Police and the abuse our managers tend to get when we play you.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Go away you utter cretin.

This is now a repeating pattern in any St. Mirren match thread. St. Mirren and opposing fans try and discuss match ahead, one or two of the cretins among the Morton support barrel in for the 'lolz' against St. Mirren and it ends with the Saints fans largely ignoring it whilst the other team's fans end up in slanging matches with the stupid Morton supporters.

It's funny because by and large, there are some very good, well rounded (Dunning, Cowshed118, Colkito) Morton fans and others (AsimButt, Port-ton) who are funny in their dishing out of a hearty dose of 'telt' to us in our current plight and as much as he riles everyone, hell, I even like VT, he generally has a good scope of football knowledge and when interacting with me at least, has always been on the level rather than the wind-up.

But on the other hand, there are some fucking grim sights among their posters. From stalkers and stalkees to infighters, probable inbreeders and third rate patter plagiarists. There's some amount of shiters to sift though.

On the Good Guy/Puddle drinker scale, there seems to be very few Morton fans inhabit that middle ground of being just alright.

31 minutes ago, Tam M said:

To be fair I have been going to the games at Dumbarton for years and never required a ticket. This time is different of course but I can see why it never occurred to some of our support as tickets have never been necessary in the past.

Archived