Hearts V The Rangers

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I've heard from a reliable source that Walker hates the old firm. 

What have Celtic done for him to hate them? He would strive at the biggest club in the country. 

7 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Walkers always injured after about 4 games.  He will get capped when he joins the bhoys in the summer.

greek boy, shop window. Looks good though. 

You keep saying this about Tziolis. But he's not, we have the option on all the short term contract lads.

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We're level on points with Hearts, why can't we finish ahead of them?

So called Saints Fan? My arse. Fuck off with Standfree and watch the sheep you cunt.

We might be able to finish ahead of them but I don't think we will considering Hearts signed 8 players and we signed 1 defender that we don't need and that nobody's heard of. Sadly I think we will fall away. But we shall see.

34 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

What are/were rangers fans genuinely expecting from their first season back in the top flight? I'd say their season has panned out pretty much exactly how most neutrals would have expected? 

I expected a tussle for second between us hearts aberdeen with Celtic being clear winners at the top . Being honest I did expect it to be a case of Celtic starting to break clear away right about this part of the season , Don't think anyone expected Celtic to have the run they were on so would have also expected to gap be less than the twenty odds it stands at now whilst being honest could probably end up in at least the thirties by seasons end  . But not really much we can do in regards to Celtic having the season they are having . I also knew parkhead, pittodrie and tynecastle to be our toughest games of the season but pittodrie aside we have went into these games and shat the bed , would have at least hoped for us to give a good account of ourselves in these fixtures . 

6 hours ago, DC92 said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate Keith Jackson's player ratings from last night?

Some highlights:

Hyndman given the same mark as Walker. dismay.png

Andraz Struna - 6 - "jittery at times" dismay.png

Lennard Sowah - 5 dismay.png

Alexandros Tziolis - 4 dismay.png

Clint Hill - 7 dismay.png

Rob Kiernan - 6dismay.png

Clint Hill a 7???

Did the Record describe the night as famous victory for the Gers despite their one goal against Hearts' four?

Apart from both teams' performances, highlights were also Kenny Miller's puss - gurning because Walker scored his second? And the Sevconian fans folding up their 'Loyal' flags in the 63rd minute. Maybe 2/3 Loyal would be more appropriate?

C3r0fv3W8AEX6aq.jpg:large

Most Rangers fans on here know exactly where we are as a club, and recall that most believed a top four finish was realistic and achievable. Despite last nights result, we are still on course.

We'll never be drawn away from the 'greater resources and wage budget' argument for now. It is accepted however that Warburton is still trying to build 'a TEAM' and sort out our best formation and playing style to match the opposition. We've clearly been found wanting on numerous occasions this year, after being promoted last season.

I think we can expect that we should certainly look more settled next term once we've finally sorted our defensive frailties and lack of control in the middle of the park. I for one am content for MW to continue working towards achieving that.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

What are/were rangers fans genuinely expecting from their first season back in the top flight? I'd say their season has panned out pretty much exactly how most neutrals would have expected? 

With the blue tinted specs off, a comfortable second. You can't spend the money we have on fees/wages and be happy with getting a battering at tynecastle twice. There was no chance we would be anywhere near Celtic (though I think last year's SC semi somewhat obscured just how far away from manky mob we really were/are). Thing is, I think I could just about stomach our current league position if there was tangible evidence of progress being made. But the fact is we have been getting no better since the second half of last season. We have not improved defensively, we are still toothless up front and if anything our midfield has gotten worse. That is down to the management team, pure and simple

After the 2-0 win at Motherwell at the start of the season the likes of Shu Keevins was ripping the heid aff it over Rangers and how they were good enough to challenge Celtic.
Rangers fans expected to be at most 5 points behind Celtic and miles ahead of Aberdeen and Hearts.

We might be able to finish ahead of them but I don't think we will considering Hearts signed 8 players and we signed 1 defender that we don't need and that nobody's heard of. Sadly I think we will fall away. But we shall see.

Does that mean I can finally turn off St. Johnstone goal alerts on my phone

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Do you mean thrive?

Anyway I reckon he can go further than that

It shows a lack of imagination and ambition going to a side who will finish 40 points clear of second. Scott Brown may as well chuck his last 5 winners medals in the bin they are so pointless. I think Walker could get his move to a top Championship side and try to make it down south. That would improve his game a lot more anyway. 

Does that mean I can finally turn off St. Johnstone goal alerts on my phone

Yeah. Seeing as Kilmarnock signed a huge nine players, to our one, we'll likely be battling them for position.

As that's apparently how these things work.

I'd like to thank Hearts for giving me a great morning in the work cafeteria.

The usual suspects were trying to bully 1 of the apprentices who was laughing talking about the game. Asking him if he enjoyed it?.

I took my chance and jumped in. "I fucking laughed my head off" at full voice. "I thought we were shite at defending but ooft".

I didn't want the pre work coffee to end.

Thanks Jambos.:thumsup2

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Hearts were largely backs to the wall for at least 60 minutes last night and it was only down to poor finishing and individual errors that the result wasn't 4-1 in Rangers favour. A few Jambos getting carried away on the back of one good result.

Get a new tele. Yours is broken

Archived