Edinburgh vs Clyde

11 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Happy with 0-0. Thought Stobie had 3 great saves to keep the Citizens in the game right to the end. McConnell should have put one of his two chances away at least when Josh Walker laid the ball right at his feet in the six-yard-box (Beattie would have scored from there had he been in the team - but Beatts not even on the bench today). Thought Josh Walker did OK again today. You could see he was always looking to thread the ball forward but several of his passes went a bit wayward and he was not as sharp as he was on his debut against Elgin last Saturday. He also got injured and was down on the ground for a bit, so that's a worry. Strong players like Porteous, McKee and Laird were not in the squad either - so hopefully they'll be available and fit for the Annan game next week.  The best thing about the match today however (apart from getting a draw and breaking the losing run of 3 defeats in a row) was that the Meadowbank pies have improved greatly and unlike a lot of the League 2 grounds, you get the choice of either Steak, Mince or Macaroni. :thumsup2

Edinburgh City 0-0 Clyde Fanzine and Pies.jpg

Two pies at the same time:P is the gravy any better in the steak ones?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy with 0-0. Thought Stobie had 3 great saves to keep the Citizens in the game right to the end. McConnell should have put one of his two chances away at least when Josh Walker laid the ball right at his feet in the six-yard-box (Beattie would have scored from there had he been in the team - but Beatts not even on the bench today). Thought Josh Walker did OK again today. You could see he was always looking to thread the ball forward but several of his passes went a bit wayward and he was not as sharp as he was on his debut against Elgin last Saturday. He also got injured and was down on the ground for a bit, so that's a worry. Strong players like Porteous, McKee and Laird were not in the squad either - so hopefully they'll be available and fit for the Annan game next week.  The best thing about the match today however (apart from getting a draw and breaking the losing run of 3 defeats in a row) was that the Meadowbank pies have improved greatly and unlike a lot of the League 2 grounds, you get the choice of either Steak, Mince or Macaroni. :thumsup2
5896526c35301_EdinburghCity0-0ClydeFanzineandPies.thumb.jpg.b02c0ddfa356bd0b45b7f562a837280c.jpg

Give Gibson a break, he's made a few mistakes recently, what football player doesn't go through a bad run of form. 
Doesn't help with folk shouting stuff at him constantly. It's league 2, how good a keeper are we going to get.

How about a goalkeeper that can hold a simple shot or catch a cross ball if you are happy with him fair enough
You seen a goalkeeper against us this season make the mistakes he does?
Thank God I don't have to suffer watching him next week , should have been punted at end of last Season a wooden cut out would be more effective

And listening to Ferguson interview at least he seems upset by the results Wether he has the wherewithal to do anything about it to me will tell

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Two pies at the same time:P is the gravy any better in the steak ones?

Yes, the Steak Pie (East Fife, Elgin and Annan have the best Steak Pies) wasn't so runny this week but it could still do with a bit more beefing up to get a 10 in my book, (I gave it an 8). I had the Mine Pie too before kick-off - Firm, moist and not greasy at all either (Gets a 9 out of 10. Arbroath has the best Mince Pie)

Our co-editor Jackie is the one who gets the Macaroni Pies to taste (7 out of 10). Her secret recipe includes putting a bit of English mustard in her home made ones.

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes, the Steak Pie (East Fife, Elgin and Annan have the best Steak Pies) wasn't so runny this week but it could still do with a bit more beefing up to get a 10 in my book, (I gave it an 8). I had the Mine Pie too before kick-off - Firm, moist and not greasy at all either (Gets a 9 out of 10. Arbroath has the best Mince Pie)

Our co-editor Jackie is the one who gets the Macaroni Pies to taste (7 out of 10). Her secret recipe includes putting a bit of English mustard in her home made ones.

That's what they all say bet you scoffed both of them:lol:

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

That's what they all say bet you scoffed both of them:lol:

Purely for medical purposes. (It was BBBBBBBBBBBBaltic out there. I do wish the planners had had some sense and built the grandstand on the other side of the pitch. ie facing the sun. )

Blobby Cam Edinburgh City 0-0 Clyde Grandstand view.jpg

Just back from this, good day out apart from the 2 hours spent at meadowbank.

Utterly turgid game of hoofball played on a tattie patch. Edinburgh city are possibly the worst side I have ever seen and seemed content to waste time and pack the defence playing for a point. Fair enough if that style keeps you up but must be soul destroying watching that anti-football in a soviet relic every other week.

Gormley missed the golden chance to win it at the death and Flynn contributed more in 5 minutes than Higgins managed in 85. I have no idea why he starts every week at Flynn's expense. Total waste of a jersey.

Give Gibson a break, he's made a few mistakes recently, what football player doesn't go through a bad run of form. 
Doesn't help with folk shouting stuff at him constantly. It's league 2, how good a keeper are we going to get.

We could have, and have in the past a keeper, who doesn't routinely make mistakes every single game. Even at league two level.

Today he was slow off his line a number of times. Instead of Gibson coming to collect it the centre backs had to knock it out for Edinburgh throw-in.

His mistakes are as bad as the ones JC Hutchison was hounded for and he lasted less than half a season at the club. Gibson may have had a good spell up until about Xmas but you are also guaranteed a phase were he will gift the option at least a goal a game.

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Purely for medical purposes. (It was BBBBBBBBBBBBaltic out there. I do wish the planners had had some sense and built the grandstand on the other side of the pitch. ie facing the sun. )

Blobby Cam Edinburgh City 0-0 Clyde Grandstand view.jpg

They never do, same at East Fife.

I predict an extremely boring long ball game with few chances with either a scoreless draw or a single goal the outcome.

Sadly, I'll be there.

I just wish the bookies would have given odds on all this. I'd have mortgaged the house.

39 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

The Clyde fans were on their best behaviour too (which was nice).

apart from the one or two wallopers who moaned when Lewis Allen had to go off the field injured- he had a nasty gash to his shin. Big Joe was also not feigning injury- he'd run through a brick wall rather than go off. You are just 

58965e590d8fd_charmlessnerks.jpg.dbb1b50c7d45820610f98562d94a7ce2.jpg

charmless nerks, Mr McKay, charmless nerks... 

I though Clyde had the better chances today and Stobie had a couple of good saves to keep the scoreline level. I can't comment on the Clyde keeper over a season but he looked pretty solid today. A point is handy but it's still tough at the bottom... :( 

2 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Mr Blobby the Broadwood pies are hoaching don't eat them

I'll be the judge of that :thumsup2 lol. Will need to come to some arrangement with the Clyde security to get some pies passed across to the away end on our (Edinburgh City's) next visit to Broadwood on 18 March if your pies are to be included in our great "Pie in the Sky" competition.

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Just back from this, good day out apart from the 2 hours spent at meadowbank.

Utterly turgid game of hoofball played on a tattie patch. Edinburgh city are possibly the worst side I have ever seen and seemed content to waste time and pack the defence playing for a point. Fair enough if that style keeps you up but must be soul destroying watching that anti-football in a soviet relic every other week.

Gormley missed the golden chance to win it at the death and Flynn contributed more in 5 minutes than Higgins managed in 85. I have no idea why he starts every week at Flynn's expense. Total waste of a jersey.

If we're the worst side you've ever seen then you can't have been watching Clyde for very long, sunshine. I hope a time traveller takes you back to 1989 and a 0-0 draw between Meadowbank and Clyde- that is the definition of turgid!!

Onto the game and that was dire, turgid stuff. One of mates suggested it was akin to shopping up Cumbernauld Town centre. It was bleak, depressing stuff and you know there was better options not far away - the rugby at Murryfield or Hibs at home.

Practically nothing of note happened in the first half. The ball spent most of the time up in the air or being chased about by the ball boys who incidentally showed more movement than the majority of the Clyde side today. On the ball boys, would not be a good idea to give each one a spare ball? The amount of time wasted waiting for the ball to be retrieved was ridiculous.

Edinburgh lined up exactly as we would expect. It's a carbon copy of the Alloa side from the 90's who we also struggled against.

In the second half we had the majority of the ball without doing much with it. MacDonald had a couple of half chances with headers - one which went wide and one which was saved well by the keeper. Gormley had by far the best chance of the game blasting a one on one chance straight at the keeper, right at the end of the game. Edinburgh had one excellent chance when they squandered a chance five yards with the whole goal to aim at they completely missed the target.

Flynn should have been introduced much quicker for Clyde. At least he showed some fight and spirit that was largely missing today. The allusive league win will continue for another two weeks now. I make that 2 points in 24 now, dire stuff!

Interesting to moan about the ball boys. What about the Clyde striker who fired the ball halfway to Princes Street when caught offside. Wastes a little bit of time that..

I think we'll just licence some away fans to stand around on the track as mature ballboys next time we play. It would liven up a game to see some 20 stone walloper fall on his arse trying to chase a ball.. 

The allusive league win will continue for another two weeks now. I make that 2 points in 24 now, dire stuff!

Since we last played Edinburgh city away (15th October) we have played 12 matches and only taken 9 points.

2 wins, 3 draws (inc 2 0-0 shitfests vs Edinburgh) and 7 defeats.

It's absolutely shambolic form and even more frustrating when the cup games have shown we are capable of much better.

It's amazing but it's seen as some sort of badge of honour that players give 100% and that we should be glad that they do this

Kinda sums up exactly where the club finds itself

I thought giving effort was a given ( maybe not )

Interesting to moan about the ball boys. What about the Clyde striker who fired the ball halfway to Princes Street when caught offside. Wastes a little bit of time that..
I think we'll just licence some away fans to stand around on the track as mature ballboys next time we play. It would liven up a game to see some 20 stone walloper fall on his arse trying to chase a ball.. 

I wasn't having a pop at the ball boys. The one next to the stand had to do more running about than some of the players today.

The ball boy behind one of the goals had a spare ball to pass to the keeper etc. Why can't that be replicated across the rest of the pitch? Meadowbank isn't the same is other grounds. There are massive gaps between the pitch and the running track.

Archived