Edinburgh vs Clyde

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I attempt to get yesterday's game surgically removed from my brain was there a reason there were far fewer Clyde fans and why the ones who were there were so much quieter than last time?

I know the crowd dropped a bit because the rugby was on and you've been on an awful run but I was still a wee bit surprised. The last game was probably the best atmosphere we've had all season.

We have the Scottish Cup away to Ayr next week. There will be a few who worked this weekend, watched the kids etc. to get to that next week.

We also know exactly what type of game it is going to be against Edinburgh and its appalling to watch. That's 3 games between the sides and its mustered one goal.

Before I attempt to get yesterday's game surgically removed from my brain was there a reason there were far fewer Clyde fans and why the ones who were there were so much quieter than last time?

I know the crowd dropped a bit because the rugby was on and you've been on an awful run but I was still a wee bit surprised. The last game was probably the best atmosphere we've had all season.

Have a look at our form since the last game might be a clue :)

We have the Scottish Cup away to Ayr next week. There will be a few who worked this weekend, watched the kids etc. to get to that next week.

We also know exactly what type of game it is going to be against Edinburgh and its appalling to watch. That's 3 games between the sides and its mustered one goal.

Aye I'd forgotten about the cup tbf. We're a defensive side at the best of times and coming off the back of three defeats on the spin we were even less adventurous than usual. I'd be up for calling the game at Broadwood as 0-0 just now and saving everyone the bother.

Not sure it's anything to do with building up brownie points etc :)

A lot of fans are just p***** of watching us getting beat almost every week with no prospect of it turning round

The cup is a totally different experience look at the crowd Tuesday won't get anything near that for the league game v stirling in summary if we were near the top of the league we would have had the same if not more through at Edinburgh yesterday.

Having watched Edinburgh 3 times, I'm not sure they have been a good addition to the league.

Do City fans think this is one season of adjustment/consolidation or something we should expect for seasons to come?

Personally, I'd rather watch Clyde against East Stirlinghire than City's defensive tedium.

Not that we're much better [emoji30]

22 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I was at the first 2 games against you this season, and both were appalling to watch.

We know the way you're going to play. It isn't the slightest bit entertaining. Awful.

We also know the way we play, and know we aren't good enough to overcome your defensive tactics.

A day in front of the telly, watching Chelsea v Arsenal & Scotland v Ireland, or paying around £30 to travel to Edinburgh and watch that crap? A no-brainer.

Having watched Edinburgh 3 times, I'm not sure they have been a good addition to the league.
Do City fans think this is one season of adjustment/consolidation or something we should expect for seasons to come?
Personally, I'd rather watch Clyde against East Stirlinghire than City's defensive tedium.

We had to go more defensive after the start we had, it was absolutely the right thing to do. In terms of what you've seen it's been the worst example(s) of us, we don't exactly play like Barcelona against everyone else but these two teams bring out the worst in each other.

We really missed Marc Laird yesterday, he absolutely makes us tick. I think if we stay up this season we'll be more expansive next time around but that run of games where we couldn't stop getting beat will live long in the memory of everyone at the club.

And a lot of clyde fans having watched us all season have decided they don't want to see us either ha ha

I think the majority of supporters will turn up for more games when the team do, as opposed to bothering about how the opponents play. No one missed Alloa games in the 2000s just because we couldn't beat them.....the Clyde fans have nothing to prove, neither are we a phalanx of human entertainment for other teams' fans. 

Not saying you've got anything to prove and I'm not judging anyone who didn't travel. Just enjoyed the patter last time is all.

I was at the first 2 games against you this season, and both were appalling to watch.
We know the way you're going to play. It isn't the slightest bit entertaining. Awful.
We also know the way we play, and know we aren't good enough to overcome your defensive tactics.
A day in front of the telly, watching Chelsea v Arsenal & Scotland v Ireland, or paying around £30 to travel to Edinburgh and watch that crap? A no-brainer.

So if we were going for the title you wouldn't have went yesterday?

I didnt go but wild horses wouldnot have kept me away if we were challenging for the title

Nothing to do with Edinburgh we are as bad to watch in my opinion

5 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

So if we were going for the title you wouldn't have went yesterday?

I didnt go but wild horses wouldnot have kept me away if we were challenging for the title

Nothing to do with Edinburgh we are as bad to watch in my opinion

Of course I would have gone yesterday if we were challenging for the title, but we're not.

I've been to Inverness and Dingwall midweek in the past, when we were challenging.

You could have paid for a limousine to take me door to door yesterday, got me in for nothing, took me for as many drinks as I wanted before and after the game - and I still wouldn't have gone.

It seems to have been just as boring a game as I anticipated.

Wild horses, however, couldn't stop me going on Saturday.

Can't wait.

Of course I would have gone yesterday if we were challenging for the title, but we're not.
I've been to Inverness and Dingwall midweek in the past, when we were challenging.
You could have paid for a limousine to take me door to door yesterday, got me in for nothing, took me for as many drinks as I wanted before and after the game - and I still wouldn't have gone.
It seems to have been just as boring a game as I anticipated.
Wild horses, however, couldn't stop me going on Saturday.
Can't wait.

Agree totally

3 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Not sure it's anything to do with building up brownie points etc :)

A lot of fans are just p***** of watching us getting beat almost every week with no prospect of it turning round

The cup is a totally different experience look at the crowd Tuesday won't get anything near that for the league game v stirling in summary if we were near the top of the league we would have had the same if not more through at Edinburgh yesterday.

I thought Tuesday was made up of a strong Stirling support.  Ours was poorer than the Saturday from what I saw. Big issue is the brand of football is piss poor and the away/cup game noise is generated by fans on the piss. If they don't go there's no noise. Dead simple.  The cup brings out fans who may already have chucked the league games as well. 

However, what is essentially being said above is that 'I'm happy to go support my team when they are title contenders, but not when they are on a losing streak'

A pretty damning indictment of our fan base attitude. League position shouldn't be affecting the decision of whether or not to support your team, and credit to all who were able to attend!

Berwick took a massive support to Cowden and we'd won 4 games in six months. Had a massive influence on the players too in a must win game which we ended up winning 1-0.

4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Not that we're much better emoji30.png

When you can remember your team getting beat in dreadful East of Scotland games on muddy shitheaps a 0-0 draw against Clyde is the epitome of culture. I'm sorry we defended stoutly and rendered your forwards impotent. I forgot the unwritten rule in the FIFA rulebook "If you're newly promoted diddy non-league upstarts then know your place and let the established teams beat you 6-0 at home".

Perhaps the Clyde forwards should be given a stringed instrument and be directed to the nearest bovine posterior. There was, for example, a  golden chance for a goal in the shape of a dangerous free kick on the edge of the box that fortunately from my point of view the silky skilled Clyde player managed to utterly fuck up. 

.I actually think we do play some great football at times but this is the fucking Scottish League Third Division not Brazil 1970. Mind you we must be tedious shite as we've given Clyde their only two points out of the last 27,,, 

Archived