Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

47 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Had little time for lions, but know with hogg gone and Seymour/Laidlaw not near the test team; how can anyone in Scotland now support Gatlands farce

Quite easily.  Not having any Scottish players doesn't detract from what the Lions is.  I can think of three or four England players who have been overlooked for Gatland's Welsh frenzy.  I don't like the coach, doesn't affect that I like the team.  I don't like Gordon Strachan and I think he picks the wrong players.  I don't stop supporting Scotland.

I guess it would have been Maitland as a replacement, but he's injured as well.  Halfpenny it is, then.  I still think WP Nel will end up on the tour at some point, though not probably at full back.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's exactly what I said isn't it?
There are plenty of players who have been treated poorly here, not just the Scots.

Not quite.. but if you don't think that the Scots have been singled out far more than any nation I'm afraid you are deluded. 2nd equal in six nations... beating Ireland, hammering Wales and 0illing Italy. Who the fuk gets nilled in six nations....
I accept your opinion but I hope they get annihilated. Least hogg won't be the scapegoat now

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Quite easily.  Not having any Scottish players doesn't detract from what the Lions is.  I can think of three or four England players who have been overlooked for Gatland's Welsh frenzy.  I don't like the coach, doesn't affect that I like the team.  I don't like Gordon Strachan and I think he picks the wrong players.  I don't stop supporting Scotland.

I guess it would have been Maitland as a replacement, but he's injured as well.  Halfpenny it is, then.  I still think WP Nel will end up on the tour at some point, though not probably at full back.

Taylor might be an outside bet after Saturday, given he can cover 13 out.

Just now, dogmc said:

I'd much rather our players stayed with toony. Far more to be gained getting used to his systems than learning Warren ball and being annihilated by nz.

From a Scotland point of view yes, but from the players' point of view, I'd have no problem with them become Lions. It's still the highest honour there is, even if some of the selections are questionable.

From a Scotland point of view yes, but from the players' point of view, I'd have no problem with them become Lions. It's still the highest honour there is, even if some of the selections are questionable.

Yeah I get the honour thing but Ryan grant has never recovered from the last lions tour and Ritchie n hoggs form dropped for a while too. Gatland is a dinosaur of a coach and purely from a developmental perspective I'd rather our guys weren't exposed to him. They won't gain anything from getting tanked off nz. The lions needs a massive overhaul. The bile being spewed out on social media shows how divisive it has become. It's virtually unrecognisable from 97 (quite possibly because most guys then had only just gone from amateur to pros).

1 minute ago, dogmc said:

Yeah I get the honour thing but Ryan grant has never recovered from the last lions tour and Ritchie n hoggs form dropped for a while too. Gatland is a dinosaur of a coach and purely from a developmental perspective I'd rather our guys weren't exposed to him. They won't gain anything from getting tanked off nz. The lions needs a massive overhaul. The bile being spewed out on social media shows how divisive it has become. It's virtually unrecognisable from 97 (quite possibly because most guys then had only just gone from amateur to pros).

TBH it doesn't need that much of a change. Just a coach who puts the Lions ethos ahead of his own ego.

Someone like Toonie would be ideal.

TBH it doesn't need that much of a change. Just a coach who puts the Lions ethos ahead of his own ego.
Someone like Toonie would be ideal.

Yep though he was never gonna get the gig at this stage of his career I think he would be ideal in the future. Open minded progressive and an excellent communicator

5 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Yep though he was never gonna get the gig at this stage of his career I think he would be ideal in the future. Open minded progressive and an excellent communicator

Imagine JLD if Toonie didn't pick a full squad of Scots :ph34r:

Imagine JLD if Toonie didn't pick a full squad of Scots [emoji185]

It's sa in 4 years....given how young our squad is not how toony wants them to play I'd expect a coach wanting to run the sa pack around would definitely pick plenty of Scots who are just hitting their peak.

I was thinking that toony could be in the running for next Lions tour if thing go well. Will be interesting to see what happens

Can't off hand think of more exciting nh coach tbh. Great man mgr too eg handling hogg being a dick few years back

Archived