Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jaggy Snake said:

Forget the Welsh, some of the Irish players have been surprisingly poor today. Namely Payne, Henshaw and Henderson.

Henderson has been massively frustrating, I'm a big fan of his, but he seems to do something brilliant then something stupid straight after. A couple of minutes ago, he hit a fantastic line, made 10 yards, and offloaded to a Highlander :blink:

Payne is shite, and Henshaw is a flat track bully.

Forget the Welsh, some of the Irish players have been surprisingly poor today. Namely Payne, Henshaw and Henderson.

Henderson n awj over launchberry n grey are arguably the worst selection choices and that's saying something

Thought that was an enjoyable game. Personally I’m not really bothered whether the Lions win or lose, just want to see a decent game particularly in the midweek matches. More entertaining than the Lions stodgy win at the weekend. It was a fair way from the strongest Lions team but the Highlanders were also missing big players in Aaron & Ben Smith.

Forget the Test matches, the Lions are going to struggle to have a 50% win record in the Tour matches.

Indeed....all of which was predicted on here as soon as gatland was announced as coach. NZ is always the hardest tour of the three so picking the right coach was vital to the tour. I know neither Jones or schmidt were up for it but there must have been other guys out there? That said even with a top coach picking the right players NZ would still have been red hot favourites. Perhaps other coaches mindful of their cvs didn't fancy a near certain series loss.

3 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Thought that was an enjoyable game. Personally I’m not really bothered whether the Lions win or lose, just want to see a decent game particularly in the midweek matches. More entertaining than the Lions stodgy win at the weekend. It was a fair way from the strongest Lions team but the Highlanders were also missing big players in Aaron & Ben Smith.

It was a good game, still far too many errors from the Lions.

They should have finished it after Tommy's try.

26 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It was almost a Highlanders B team with the amount of players they were missing who are on either All Black or Maori duty.

Archived