Your thoughts on the 12 Premiership clubs

Aberdeen - Hardcore passionate supporters who love entering farm animals.

Celtic - Victims victims victims poverty poverty poverty.

Dundee - Beautiful but frustrating.

Hamilton - Tiny club punching well above their weight. Fair play to them.

Hearts - Middle class closet rugby fans.

Kilmarnock - Obesity

Partick - Absolutely sound bunch

Rangers - Sporty Ds - Wetherspoons - Jobcentre - Sectarianism

Ross County - Yoann Arquin.

Inverness - Marley Watkins.

St Johnstone - Jody Morris.

Motherwell - Sir Lionel of Ainsworth. Top fans.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Girth said:

Aberdeen - Hardcore passionate supporters who love entering farm animals.

Celtic - Victims victims victims poverty poverty poverty.

Dundee - Beautiful but frustrating.

Hamilton - Tiny club punching well above their weight. Fair play to them.

Hearts - Middle class closet rugby fans.

Kilmarnock - Obesity

Partick - Absolutely sound bunch

Rangers - Sporty Ds - Wetherspoons - Jobcentre - Sectarianism

Ross County - Yoann Arquin.

Inverness - Marley Watkins.

St Johnstone - Jody Morris.

Motherwell - Sir Lionel of Ainsworth. Top fans.

yet tiny seats

true this

But you're by no means alone in being more concerned with what reforms would mean to your own club than clubs that are very different from it.

I quite like the idea of returning to a 10 team, 36 game top flight but I can't see it being a popular idea in Kilmarnock or Falkirk.

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

But you're by no means alone in being more concerned with what reforms would mean to your own club than clubs that are very different from it.

I quite like the idea of returning to a 10 team, 36 game top flight but I can't see it being a popular idea in Kilmarnock or Falkirk.

i don't think my club would like my preference which would mean playing each other only twice over just 34 games... cause TV apparently wouldn't like it.

anyway, the top 6 this season should be good with you, Sevco and Aberdeen going for 2nd 

11 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Kilmarnock

A lot of my fellow Celtic fans actively dislike this lot, not me personally which I will elaborate on in a second but, seems to be based on 2 things, mainly their utter divot of a chairman, charging Celtic fans extra (they do the same with Sevco) and generally just being a horrible c**t of a guy. This however is a sentiment echoed strongly by a home support that as recently as 15 years ago was on a par with Aberdeen and Hibs yet, due to his total destruction of the club and alienation of large swathes of its support now is equal to St Johnstone and Ross County. That tells you all you need to know about his stewardship of a proud club with a great support, he even managed to fall out with and end up in court with the guy who made their pies for fucks sake, absolute welt.

Some dislike them calling them 'ayrshire ****' due to them singing a song similar to the banned 'Billy Boys' with the word Killie in it (its just a tune guys, lighten up) & the fact a lot of there fans cheered during our game against them every time Rangers scored at Ibrox on the last day of 2003 season when we lost the league by a single goal. Again, im going to reason here, had we been rattling the goals in at Celtic Park and Rangers been at Rugby Park the Killie fans would have cheered each time we scored to noise up the large away support, its not personal guys its just football fans bamming up whichever opponent is at their ground. Killie fans I have met and encountered on here are good c***s in my book.*  Utter disgrace what has slowly happened to their club the last ten years or so.

Lee Clarke kept them up last season and has them just above the drop zone at the moment mainly by signing 837 players from the English lower leagues but the fact the Kilmarnock board didnt seem to give a shit that Bury came in for him suggests to me they were less than enamoured with him, said the right things in the media and came across as a top bloke but his constant changing line ups and huge numbers of personnel changes suggests to me he kind of didnt really know what to do after a few months in the job. Says he hopes if he does a good job at Bury it may put him in the frame for an EPL job ! Aye good luck with that mate.

Rugby Park is a ground which did need the extra capacity on its major renevation in 1996, it was full a lot of the time then and near to full often as well, the fact it sits 80% empty most weeks you can attribute to the detestable Mr Johnson, I like that they let you smoke behind the stand at half time and its usually bouncing with a big Celtic support, not too keen on the Hampden style 3 mile walk to where the supporters buses are made to park but little option I guess given it is built right in the middle of housing.

A player from the past I liked was Ally Mitchell for his inadvertent help in stopping ten-in-a-row with THAT goal at Ibrox in 1998, particularly disliked Gordon Marshall, not only for being piss poor at Celtic but just for being a total fanny of a guy in general.

The recently departed Coulibaly not only scored an absolute howitzer at CP in September but also ensured dodgy Dorus De Vries was hooked at HT and never seen since, nice one mate.

Kris Boys deserves all the stick he gets for being a seething, ugly, fat mess, raging, monster munch scoffing ***, his demented rants in his crayon filled newspaper column does reek of biterness and you almost feel guilty for laughing at him, then you read 'Scotland urnae qualifying fur toornamunts cos the rainjurz got treated bad in 2012' and think...... "horrible c**t, f**k him!"

*With the exception of that Gordon Sawers walloper. A 'look at me' attention seeking mentally ill zoomer.

Gordon Marshall tried too hard lol

Aberdeen - relegation cheats

Celtic - penalty diving cheats

Dundee - double administration cheats

Hamilton - worn out plastic cheats

Hearts - administration cheats

Kilmarnock - no cheating here, nope, none at all...

Rangers - administration, liquidation, dodgy ref cheats

Ross County - uncle roy cheats

Inverness - that ball was over the line cheats

St Johnstone - too meh to cheat

Motherwell - administration and relegation cheats

partick - who?

I still remember that game like it was yesterday.  And by jove, McLaren's shot was about a foot over the line.  Still, Killie progressed so it didn't really matter. 

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I still remember that game like it was yesterday.  And by jove, McLaren's shot was about a foot over the line.  Still, Killie progressed so it didn't really matter. 

Same, miles over the line and another chocked off for reasons unknown. Turns out that game16 years ago today. Someone posted the highlights on the killie forum.

Motherwell.

Life is certainly not dull at Fir Park over the years, financial meltdowns, human tragedies and several high profile managerial changes the last decade.

Responsible for the worst feeling I have ever had at a football match, whenever im at Fir Park I always get flashbacks to being near the corner flag at the front of the Motorola stand and checking the clock on the scoreboard every two or three minutes as we tried and failed to get that killer second goal in a game we should have won five or six....you know the rest.

An odd ground is Fir Park, not to dissimilar to Tannadice in the sense its a weird mixture of the old, new and refurbished all built at different stages but like D.Utd retains enough if its character to feel like an old style, proper football ground, I enjoy going here despite the Vietnam style 2005 flashbacks.

Motherwell fans are a decent enough bunch, friendly and chatty around the ground, the 'Well Bois' in that corner always have an edgy, but not OTT banterfest with the Green Brigade. They have never though managed to break that ceiling of 5000 fans and look as unlikely to do so as ever, despite some very comendable community initiatives and encouraging youngsters along, mainly because the team is very stale and has looked so for about 3 or 4 years now.

Mark McGhee, very popular in his first spell is rapidly becoming deeply resented by Motherwell fans now, to the extent he is being lampooned by them and others, portrayed as an out of touch dinosaur and a figure of fun at times. His regular bizzare press and media rants dont help, neither do incidents like the other night at Aberdeen where he made a spectacular arse of himself.

Always loved Phil O'Donnell before and after his time at Celtic, injuries prevented him really becoming the player his talents merited but a real football guy and decent all round person, his awful premature death and the public nature of it was tragic beyond description.

Have had a few ex Celtic and Rangers players over the years, few though could be more detestable than baw heided, talentless sectarian bigot Boab Malcom.

Louis Moult is possibly the one reason 'Well arent deep in the relegation mire at the moment (that could change) and is a genuine talent, his volley in the 4-3 match in December one of the finest finishes I've seen against us since Jim Hamilton scored a not to dissimilar goal at the same end a decade or so ago.

No other candidate for current hate figure than Keith Lasley, no coincidence fans of most clubs say the same about the cloven hoofed hatchet man who has made a career out of running around a lot and maiming opponents.

Aberdeen - Around the time I properly got into football they signed two of our managers and a few former players- Blackman and Reynolds. We also had that mental record where we were unbeaten against them in the league for 6 years or something while they knocked us out both cups every season. I think all this led to me thinking Aberdeen were our main rivals and I properly hated them for a few years. Kind of mellowed towards them recently as they've been challenging Celtic, and I like McGinn, McInnes, Shinnie et al.

Mark McGhee really winds them up.

Celtic - I vastly prefer them to Rangers but still not a fan. Their average fan probably knows the least about football of any team in the league from my experience and they are full of gloryhunters. Green Brigade are usually ok songs and politics wise though and I've always associated their teams with decent football.

Dundee - Don't mind them really, fans have good patter and the whole administration thing was great patter. Only team I've yet to see live this season.

Hamilton - I enjoy a trip to NDP and pretending to hate them for the "derby" is a good laugh. I don't really know any Accies fans though so I'm not too bothered about them when we aren't playing them and I'm glad they're in the league. Always thought they were a team that go head to head with the Old Firm well and roll over less than most teams. Respect to their fans for supporting their local team with bigger clubs like Motherwell and Airdrie on their doorstep.

Hearts -I like them mainly for the Romanov era and all the utterly fantastic stories that came out of it. Would find it pretty hilarious if Cathro failed though.

Inverness - Been to a few Inverness home games as a neutral and their fans are generally good lads, as is Richie Foran. There's also a special place in my heart for Iain Vigurs and his sublime skills. Other than that though they're pretty meh and I'd rather they went down to make way for more Central Belt teams.

Killie - the most similar club in the country to us in terms of size and a good away day. Their fans on P&B tend to be good but a few irl are a bit wanky. Might struggle to come back up if they go down.

Partick Thistle - Meh, good away day and a likeable club overall.

RangersA blight on our society. Everything else has already been said.

Ro$$ €ountyOne of the clubs that personify everything wrong with modern football, in the same bracket as Man City, Chelsea and RB Leipzig.

St Johnstone - I fucking despise St Johnstone. Every time we play them we score first and every single time they go on to win 2-1 with a solid workmanlike performance.

12dcfee5fbf2546c63db477df7fe4146.jpg

Partick Thistle

Ah, the Harry Wraggs, Plastic Whistle, the Maryhill Magyars, the Thistle of the Partick, Scottish Footballs cuddly toy etc

Very few people, myself included have any ill feeling towards PTFC*, a lot of people admire them for supporting a perrenial struggling/diddy club when there are two behemeoths nearby, contrary to popular opinion it does not make them morally superior but admiration has to be given for supporting a club that has often been the butt of many jokes and have yo-yo'd up and down the Scottish leagues for longer than I have lived and breathed.

*The only exception to this appears to be Clyde, this narrator can only assume it dates back to when they played at Firhill for a few seasons during their nomad/homeless period leading to a bit of dislike building up between both clubs and fans. I can also hazard a guess that, a quick glance at Clyde threads and posters on here reveals they have an alarmingly high % of mentally ill zoomers among their support. Im sure The Doors song, 'People are Strange' is about Clyde fans.

Have to admit I really like Alan Archibald, has always kept them in the top flight with a bit to spare despite very meagre resources, it appears, unless im wrong he doesnt see too much of the Weir's £££ that it appears goes into youth development/community coaching etc. Thistle never, to their credit try and kill the game to grind out a result v Celtic, they play football that is good to watch, occasionaly at the expense of results but give me that any day than the utterly brutal style adopted by the likes of Kilmarnock.

Firhill, like many other grounds in the top two divisions is part old, part new, part eyesore. I do enjoy a trip to the West End when Celtic visit, thankfuly I havent had to sit in the dingy old main stand since 2004, it should have been flattened 20 years before that, but both the Jackie Husband stand and the (North?) stand behind the goal offer decent views, facilities and atmosphere when we visit, sadly the other end is now just an unused grassy bank which looks pretty crap on TV but if there is no need for them to build a white elephant stand thats never or hardly going to be used you can see why the club are unwilling to do so, still looks a bit shite though lets be honest.

The Thistle fans are a decent bunch, despite containing one or two very fucking angry individuals, hiya @Hammer Jag hiya pal xx. I even had the privilige of sharing a Southern Comfort and lemonade with a certain Marc J Wallace in the Star & Garter after our Friday night fixture there in December, he's some boy :lol:

As for the rest of them, the stereotype of them being wanky student types who smoke roll ups, dye their hair four different colours, wearing baggy caps and Franz Ferdinand T-shirts with a face full of shit peircings is entirely accurate !

Of the players present and past, none really register too highly on the hate scale, who could fail to love and admire Chic Charnley, supremely talented and frustrating in equal measure and as mad as an old radge wifey eating her own shit. Really impressed by that Adam Barton guy from current squad, boy looks a player.

Partick Thistle = mainly good guys IMO

St Johnstone.

I do enjoy a trip to the fair city, a decent ground with decent views and atmosphere, at least when we visit, plus saints have, for a few years now done an adult/child ticket for £26 meaning I can basically take my son for free, somehow you can never envisage that shitehouse Michael Johnson doing likewise at Kilmarnock.

I can appreciate why fans of other clubs have a moan about McDiarmid Park as, with 3000 or so in it the place would be rather soulless, another club who havent had the anticipated bounce in crowds after a Scottish Cup win, the guys that do support them seem an okay bunch including the ones on here.

Tommy Wright is constantly linked with bigger jobs, including the current vacancy at Ibrox, he and saints though seem a perfect fit to me, like Eddie Howe and Bournemouth im not so sure a move to a so called bigger club would really work out for the better, hope he stays at Perth for a while longer, a decent footballing side and a fantasticaly run football club run the right way.

Players of the past that stick in my mind are Nick Dasovic, a cracking player who would have done a job for Celtic around that time moreso than dross like David Hannah, no one really sticks out as dislikeable too much, although George O'Boyle had a tendency to annoy.

Of the current squad I do quite like their keeper Zander Clark although, going by Sportscene at the weekend he had a bit of a 'mare v Kilmarnock.

Present day hate figure? No contest, Paul Paton, absolute fucking reptile !

On the whole though a club with a lot of positive points and decent guys IMO

Archived