Your thoughts on the 12 Premiership clubs

A larger league would mean more teams would be safe from relegation, play more youngsters, play less defensive and more attacking fitba etc.... Better fitba could encourage more fans through the turnstyles and maybe improve oor game in years to come.
But teams like Motherwell and P thistle etc will want their two home games with sevco per season...

Are you fucking stupid?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CityDave said:

Funnily enough I've yet to read or hear anything about League reconstruction this season to get Hibs and also Dundee Utd back up into the top tier. Plenty about why they should be in the Premeirship (crowd sizes for example) from ex footballers but nothing about shoehorning them back up. I guess they are just going to have to earn it just like everyone else as it should be.

We've absolutely no problem with earning our way back, we know where we are and are getting on with it. We don't think we deserve to be in the top league over other clubs and aren't sitting about feeling sorry for ourselves. In fact this is probably the happiest I've ever been as a Hibs fan. 

As I've said before, the thicko ex players are usually laughed off but this subject seems to have stuck a bit more than usual. 

Most teams would play for the best result and pick what they believe is their best team, as they have always done.

Where is the guarantee of better football? Where is the guarantee of more supporters through the gates? Why do you think there's a chance of more attacking football?

There's no guarantees of anything increasing the league, and there's no guarantee that one of the so called big teams won't just plummet and get relegated anyways. What happens then? Increase the league again just to try and keep morons happy?

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

A larger league would mean more teams would be safe from relegation, play more youngsters, play less defensive and more attacking fitba etc.... Better fitba could encourage more fans through the turnstyles and maybe improve oor game in years to come.

But teams like Motherwell and P thistle etc will want their two home games with sevco per season...

:lol: You really are a fucking simpleton.  

On what basis would a larger league lead to "more attacking fitba", "encourage more fans through the turnstyles" and "maybe improve oor game"?

Show your working please.

15 minutes ago, Desp said:

:lol: You really are a fucking simpleton.  

On what basis would a larger league lead to "more attacking fitba", "encourage more fans through the turnstyles" and "maybe improve oor game"?

Show your working please.

My last sentence hit a nerve.

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

A larger league would mean more teams would be safe from relegation, play more youngsters, play less defensive and more attacking fitba etc....

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

I never said that, please learn to read properly.

Yes you did.  Now when you're ready, show your working for what you believe would or could happen if the likes of Dundee Utd and Hibs were added to a larger league.

Do you believe the top clubs in the league (the current top four, for example) would be tempted to play more attacking football or play more young players because it's a bigger league?

bennett has already said he thinks that teams would play more attacking football so that question has been answered. What hasn't been answered is why this is going to be the case. Or what happens if those teams end up getting relegated anyways. Or why managers would suddenly decide to play more young players.

14 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

bennett has already said he thinks that teams would play more attacking football so that question has been answered. What hasn't been answered is why this is going to be the case. Or what happens if those teams end up getting relegated anyways. Or why managers would suddenly decide to play more young players.

An opinion, more safety from relegation in a 16 or 28 team league could see more teams playing more openly. Could managers be more likely in those circumstances be more likely to throw on youngsters, I reckon so..

Can I prove it as the well fan demands, obviously not.

Edit.. 18 not 28 .

58 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Aberdeen - That middle class burd whos always harping on about what her da done 20 year ago.

Celtic - That burd that cries rape just to get the compo.

Dundee - That jakey b*****d that always comes into a bit of money here and then and always just horses it.

Hamilton - That burd that nobody really cares aboot but she's good tae the Waynes so we aw say fair play.

Hearts - That rich cow fae the posh scheme. Her da's pretends he's in the Orange Order.

Kilmarnock - She used to be charming but her soul died after the millennium.

Partick - The burd you'd bring hame tae the parents.

Rangers - That loudmouth shameless cow. She died years ago but her ghost still hangs around.

Ross County / Inverness - Farmers. Never been known type of burds.

Has never actually spoken to a woman type post

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

An opinion, more safety from relegation in a 16 or 28 team league could see more teams playing more openly. Could managers be more likely in those circumstances be more likely to throw on youngsters, I reckon so..

Just be quiet, bennett. You're making a cunt of yourself again.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

More meaningless games will make for more exciting games claims P&B's resident genius and part-time bigot.  Fass In Ating. 

Teams must have two home games against Rangers, playing the same teams between 4 to 6 times a year is really great and never gets boring.

I'd say that the most likely option is that teams will play their best 11 to gain the best position like they do in every other league that's bigger.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Teams must have two home games against Rangers, playing the same teams between 4 to 6 times a year is really great and never gets boring.

You had the petrofac cup and the extended journey to amuse yourself with endless variety, maybe you'll get lucky and die again. Give us all some peace from your pish.

The suggestion of a 28 team league was my favourite bit. A 54 game league season, with half the games against part time sides, is sure to whet the appetite

Archived