Your thoughts on the 12 Premiership clubs

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meant to mention this in the bit about Hearts. Do people in Edinburgh and the surrounding area just not like football much? If Hearts and Hibs got around the same proportion of Edinburgh population attending games as the OF then they'd be pulling 35,000+ each. Obviously their actual crowds are great for a Scottish team but they seem low for such a big city.

23 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Europa Qualifiers? Is that Groenigan?

Don't remember going to that game and it's a photo I took of a mate a good while ago, so probably not.  Some run of the mill league game, probably Hibs by the look of it.

Eta:  Aberdeen 0-2 Hibs, after Brechin game was called off (19/12/10).

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Meant to mention this in the bit about Hearts. Do people in Edinburgh and the surrounding area just not like football much? If Hearts and Hibs got around the same proportion of Edinburgh population attending games as the OF then they'd be pulling 35,000+ each. Obviously their actual crowds are great for a Scottish team but they seem low for such a big city.

Edinburgh isn't a football city. 

30 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The old firm crowds are supplemented by many non Glaswegians, that's the main difference.

Aberdeen- I like them and I'm definitely wanting them to nip rangers to second place.

Celtic- I don't really like or dislike them, definitely prefer them to rangers, like to see them do well in Europe. Miles ahead of everyone else in Scotland. 

Dundee- Again I don't mind them, the part of the stand away fans used to sit in wasn't great but the stand behind the goal that we sit in now is much better.

Hamilton- Great view from the away stand, nice manager who gets a lot of abuse and the majority of fans seem nice enough bar the section sitting nearest to the away end who seem to spend more time trying to wind up the away support instead of watching the actual game. I'm not a fan of Astro pitches but apart from that i don't mind hamilton.

Hearts- I love away days at Tynecastle great stadium and a nice support.

Inverness- Nice club with nice people behind the scenes, support always very welcoming at away games up there.

Kilmarnock- Don't mind them, again not a fan of Astros but I like away days there.

Motherwell- Good view from away stand, the Motherwell Bois get on my nerves slightly but apart from that every other fan I've talked to has been very nice.

Rangers- I hate them. The arrogance surrounding the club is really irritating, fans very unwelcoming with my last experience of them was having a fan walk up to me in the street after a match at firhill and shout thistle are going down in my face.

Ross County- Nice club with good supporters and very welcoming at away days.

St Johnstone- Again a nice club with nice supporters. Not my style of football played by them but not enough for me to dislike them.

In what sense ? Not being wide just wanting to know 

Always felt at Hampden Browns energy and aggression got the whole crowd and team up for it, you could feel him having an impact on the whole place. Ferguson nicknamed backpass Barry, I think he was a very good player but not as influential as Broony.

Ferguson scored one of my all time favourite goals though.

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Always felt at Hampden Browns energy and aggression got the whole crowd and team up for it, you could feel him having an impact on the whole place. Ferguson nicknamed backpass Barry, I think he was a very good player but not as influential as Broony.

Ferguson scored one of my all time favourite goals though.

Ferguson at his leadership peak - his playing one came slightly earlier under rangers in his first stint  IMO- almost led Scotland to a major tournament whilst captaining rangers to a European final during the same season . Always felt he was a far more influential leader than brown and that's nothing bad on brown just think Ferguson was a far more natural leader on the park .

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think it's because we live past aged 35 and therefore don't need to rush to fit in as many football games as possible before the cold, clammy hands of heart disease drags us into the next world.

Archived