Your thoughts on the 12 Premiership clubs

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aberdeen –My club and will always be biased about them. Current squad the best in years and although I’ll miss Pittodrie when we move, it’s for the best in my opinion.

Celtic – Horrible club, horrible fans with a massive victim persecution and attach themselves to any ‘cause’ that they can find, as bad as their horrible cousins across the city. In saying that, the current squad and manager don’t give me much seethe, Brown aside. Parkhead is a dump and the away end is a disgrace. Nothing really around it either.

Dundee – Our closest away day these days and enjoy the fact that it’s pretty much our only away game that you can get the train there and back regardless of what weird or wonderful kick off time the authorities come up with, good few pubs to visit as well. The seethe when McGinn sent them down give us a good laugh as well. Of all the clubs in the relegation battle, probably the one I would miss most.

Hamilton – At the risk of sounding condescending, probably the biggest meh in the league, mainly down to the fact that I’ve never been to NDP. The fact that they commit to youth development is very admirable and they should be very much commended for that. Always going to suffer, like many clubs in the area from being just too close to the magnet that is the bigot brothers for support.

Hearts – Was comedy watching them implode under Romanov, there’s nothing like being able to sit back and say ‘I told you so’. Makes the fact that we seemed to take utter tankings there regularly somewhat bareable. Those that bought into his Champions League nonsense deserve particular ridicule, however, the way they rallied round and saved the club from death is very admirable and a strong Hearts, like a strong Aberdeen is undoubtedly a good thing for the game up here. Tynecastle is a great away day and I look forward to seeing how they progress under Cathro having been utter cloggers in the Levein and Neilson eras in particular.

Inverness – I’ve always had a soft spot for the teams coming up from the Highland League and am always happy to see them, Ross Co, Peterhead and Elgin doing ok. A good away day somewhat spoiled by the trek out to the ground, although the last couple of times have been in the Caley club which has been good crack. Fans are decent crack and games up there tend to be decent.

Kilmarnock – A few years since I have been to Rugby Park, which probably coincides with the fact that we haven’t lost there in years. A shame that they have lost so many fans due to mismanagement in the past 10 years. Always seem to find a way to stay up but this constant resigning of the entire squad worries me, I at least like to know who we are playing against.

Motherwell – Very experienced side at the moment which I think will stand them in good stead for staying up this season. Fir Park a decent away day with a couple of decent pubs within walking distance of the ground. Kudos for the utter hilarity of destroying the Hun in the play-off a few years ago. Incidentally, Motherwell provided me with my first memory of a football match that I was at when Stevie Kirk knocked us out of the cup at Pittodrie in 1990/91.

Partick – Glasgow’s only decent Premiership club. Used to drink a bit in the West End of Glasgow and regularly bumped into Thistle fans, generally reasonable humans which they must be if they support Thistle rather than one of them. Last time I was at Firhill though we were seated in the main stand and even as a shortarse, I struggled for room.

Rangers – Just scum. The sense of entitlement among their support is probably the most irritating thing these days. As an Aberdeen fan, trips to Ibrox have never been much fun, not only because we never win there. Clinging on to some notion of superiority should quickly evaporate when they realise exactly where they are in the Scottish game.

Ross County – Again, glad to see them do well as a Highland club. Bit of a trek to get to of an away day but usually good banter once up there. Not really had much encounters with County fans as never up there, going this Saturday though.

St Johnstone – Probably the best run club in the league at the moment. Over-achieving season after season. Have had some admirable results in Europe as well but seem to be like the Dons in that they beat the team that you expect them to lose to and then lose to the team you might expect them to beat. A trip to McDiarmid is usually without drama and the locals are decent crack, prefer a day at the races in Perth though.

4 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

My thoughts on Inverness Cat Ticklers is that they are cat ticklers! :lol::lol:

Oh thank fuck,

For a horrible moment there I thought I had lost my arsehole!

But no on closer inspection there you are.

Aberdeen. As a team they have under acheived since the league cup win a few years ago, we were there for the taking last season no doubt about it but, lets not beat about the bush here they bottled it every time we showed them a window of opportunity and their performance in this seasons LC final was embarrasing. They do have a talented squad with, in an attacking sense the most quality in the league outwith Celtic. Dont mind Derek McInnes as a guy, comes across as a thoughtful and intelligent guy although having taken the Dons as far as he can in my opinion I have a feeling he is keeping one eye on Warburton at Ibrox and the chance of a vacancy arising there.

I realise the away section at CP gets much, mainly deserved stick on here but the equivalent at Pittodrie is, my opinion the worst in the top flight, barely half of it under cover with a fence obscuring half of the pitch and pretty horrendous toilets.

I know many say Pittodrie has character and history but, other than the Richard Donald stand it is well past its sell by date and Aberdeen, for several reasons need to get moving on that proposed new stadium.

Disliked from the past. Doug Rougvie, liked Hans Gillhaus.

Dislike from current side. Mark Reynolds for telling a 7 year old boy to fuck off at the end of the game last midweek at CP, like Niall McGinn and Ryan Jack, the big goalkeeper is decent too.

Aberdeen : wanks

Celtic : wanks (less wanky than their wanky nemesis)

Hamilton : wanks

Motherwell : good guys

Hearts : wanks

Thistle : good guys

St Johnstone : wanks

The Rangers : massive wanks

Kilmarnock : good guys

Ross County : wanks

ICT : wanks

Aberdeen - Good team, fans seem to be stuck in the past a wee bit though and see themselves as a bigger deal than they are. The Scotland squad shouts from their fans every time a squad is announced is also a pain in the arse. Shite accents but class ground.

Celtic - incredible team for this level this season, great support, love the whole Irishy theme going on although the pro you know who stuff way ott and should not happen. Stadium is decent on the eye but class atmosphere when full, good guys in Glasgow along with Thistle.

Dundee - ground is an utter pit, it looks like a quarry/dump from the street behind the Derry. Class atmosphere when full though. Fans are all sound cunts from what I gather but definitely the more schemey Dundee club and the fans love to give it the 'Abdy fae Dundee supports Dundee iyyy' chat. Current team is a bit shit and I think they can and should be doing better.

Hamilton - NDP is just awful. Awful. Although I like them because they've got a pretty cool name plus I can't think of any other Scottish clubs with red and white stripes. Current team is also a bit shit but I do love Ali Crawford.

Hearts - Tynecastle pound for pound one of if not the best ground in Scotland. I see them as the posh Edinburgh club, liked them because of the maroon for as long as I can remember but I definitely prefer Hibs from the 2. Leith > Gorgie. Solid enough team this year, been extremely impressive the last 2 games anyway. I like them.

Inverness - just find them pretty boring, I like their team but their ground has always just really annoyed me for some reason. Their twitter account also tries too hard. Big fan of Richie Foran interviews.

Kilmarnock - as above really, I really like Lee Clark and hope he does well. Good getting a laugh at Gordon Sawyers too. I would actually like to see them have a bit of success to see if they can attract back the fans they seem to have lost.

Motherwell - love Motherwell always have, quite a unique wee club with their colours and the ground just looks so daft it's great. Plus the well Bois are absolutely superb. The twist and shout carry on in the play offs was just too drawer and that 6-1 victory.! Class. Not a big McGhee fan however. Current team is likeable on the whole and think they're a good club for the league.

Partick - as above really, very unique, a bit whacky, family is from that part of the world, grandad and granny used to watch them and I stayed in murano on a weekly basis and love that part of the city. The bright red and yellow is iconic to me I remember seeing them at Gayfield a long time ago, one of the first matches I remember. Current team is ok but I think they could push on a wee bit more. Good good good guys.

Rangers - I think they've really let themselves down in regards to the Armageddon chat, if that hadn't happened they'd look a whole lot better. The stadium is class, well atleast the main stand, absolutely superb. The team is ok and warburton is a stubborn p***k. Fans seem to have a real sense of entitlement which is annoying and as for the Quintessential British club nonsense that they play up to... brutal imo. Overall one of Scotlands biggest brands though and then being in the league adds that wee bit more interest to a lot of fixtures.

Ross County - I like them, more because of the fact I can't get my head around the fact a place that size has a premiership team I think but overall quite a quirky club and the highland Derby in the league is a good thing. Ground frustrates me looks a wee bit too all over the place. Current team is a good one by County standards. Love Schalk.

St Johnstone - just meh, boring as fuck and opinion on that won't change unless they start doing more paint it blue videos or something. Bland colours and souless stadium with dodgy seat colours, far too straight laced for me. Team is a decent one but again boring to watch if you're a neutral. No real characters aside from McLean who seems mental, which I like.

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Aberdeen : wanks
Celtic : wanks (less wanky than their wanky nemesis)
Hamilton : wanks
Motherwell : good guys
Hearts : wanks
Hibs : good guys
St Johnstone : wanks
The Rangers : massive wanks
Kilmarnock : good guys
Ross County : wanks
ICT : wanks

Premiership clubs?

Aberdeen. As a team they have under acheived since the league cup win a few years ago, we were there for the taking last season no doubt about it but, lets not beat about the bush here they bottled it every time we showed them a window of opportunity and their performance in this seasons LC final was embarrasing. They do have a talented squad with, in an attacking sense the most quality in the league outwith Celtic. Dont mind Derek McInnes as a guy, comes across as a thoughtful and intelligent guy although having taken the Dons as far as he can in my opinion I have a feeling he is keeping one eye on Warburton at Ibrox and the chance of a vacancy arising there.

Dislike from current side. Mark Reynolds for telling a 7 year old boy to fuck off at the end of the game last midweek at CP, like Niall McGinn and Ryan Jack, the big goalkeeper is decent too.

If you're going to believe nonsensical twitter rumours then at least make sure you get the right player.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Celtic lost just three times before wrapping up the league last year, two of which were against the Dons. You were still incredibly consistent in the league by any other standards but your own, being papped out the Scottish Cup by the newco probably clouded this. McInnes deserves immense credit for even being mentioned in a title challenge until March(?) without Old Firm resources.

29 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

If you're going to believe nonsensical twitter rumours then at least make sure you get the right player.

My bad on the player, the guy on twitter referred to the Aberdeen captain, I mistakenly assumed it was Reynolds when it was in fact Ryan Jack, more than one person has verified this story and the guy has made an official complaint so there is more than just 'rumours' to this, story goes the guy sits near the tunnel at CP and his laddie always tries to get a 'high five' from the players as they leave the pitch, the boys dad claims Jack told his boy to 'fuck off'.

It may or may not be true but, had a Celtic player been accused of similar behaviour in a similar manner it, in all reality would be treated as fact on here and by the majority of other football fans.

As I admit, there is no 100% guarentee it happened but it would be rather odd for the guy to just randomly make it up.

It may or may not be true but, had a Celtic player been accused of similar behaviour in a similar manner it, in all reality would be treated as fact on here and by the majority of other football fans.

I feel you've justified a lot of the posts on this thread with that sentence.

Aberdeen - Good team, fans seem to be stuck in the past a wee bit though and see themselves as a bigger deal than they are. The Scotland squad shouts from their fans every time a squad is announced is also a pain in the arse. Shite accents but class ground.

Celtic - incredible team for this level this season, great support, love the whole Irishy theme going on although the pro you know who stuff way ott and should not happen. Stadium is decent on the eye but class atmosphere when full, good guys in Glasgow along with Thistle.

Dundee - ground is an utter pit, it looks like a quarry/dump from the street behind the Derry. Class atmosphere when full though. Fans are all sound cunts from what I gather but definitely the more schemey Dundee club and the fans love to give it the 'Abdy fae Dundee supports Dundee iyyy' chat. Current team is a bit shit and I think they can and should be doing better.

Hamilton - NDP is just awful. Awful. Although I like them because they've got a pretty cool name plus I can't think of any other Scottish clubs with red and white stripes. Current team is also a bit shit but I do love Ali Crawford.

Hearts - Tynecastle pound for pound one of if not the best ground in Scotland. I see them as the posh Edinburgh club, liked them because of the maroon for as long as I can remember but I definitely prefer Hibs from the 2. Leith > Gorgie. Solid enough team this year, been extremely impressive the last 2 games anyway. I like them.

Inverness - just find them pretty boring, I like their team but their ground has always just really annoyed me for some reason. Their twitter account also tries too hard. Big fan of Richie Foran interviews.

Kilmarnock - as above really, I really like Lee Clark and hope he does well. Good getting a laugh at Gordon Sawyers too. I would actually like to see them have a bit of success to see if they can attract back the fans they seem to have lost.

Motherwell - love Motherwell always have, quite a unique wee club with their colours and the ground just looks so daft it's great. Plus the well Bois are absolutely superb. The twist and shout carry on in the play offs was just too drawer and that 6-1 victory.! Class. Not a big McGhee fan however. Current team is likeable on the whole and think they're a good club for the league.

Partick - as above really, very unique, a bit whacky, family is from that part of the world, grandad and granny used to watch them and I stayed in murano on a weekly basis and love that part of the city. The bright red and yellow is iconic to me I remember seeing them at Gayfield a long time ago, one of the first matches I remember. Current team is ok but I think they could push on a wee bit more. Good good good guys.

Rangers - I think they've really let themselves down in regards to the Armageddon chat, if that hadn't happened they'd look a whole lot better. The stadium is class, well atleast the main stand, absolutely superb. The team is ok and warburton is a stubborn p***k. Fans seem to have a real sense of entitlement which is annoying and as for the Quintessential British club nonsense that they play up to... brutal imo. Overall one of Scotlands biggest brands though and then being in the league adds that wee bit more interest to a lot of fixtures.

Ross County - I like them, more because of the fact I can't get my head around the fact a place that size has a premiership team I think but overall quite a quirky club and the highland Derby in the league is a good thing. Ground frustrates me looks a wee bit too all over the place. Current team is a good one by County standards. Love Schalk.

St Johnstone - just meh, boring as fuck and opinion on that won't change unless they start doing more paint it blue videos or something. Bland colours and souless stadium with dodgy seat colours, far too straight laced for me. Team is a decent one but again boring to watch if you're a neutral. No real characters aside from McLean who seems mental, which I like.

Winning the Scottish Cup was boring as fuck you belter.

6 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Going to base my assessment on stadiums and fan bases because I'm a massive crowd wanker.

Aberdeen - Pittodrie is a fine old ground but I can see the need for a change. It's a shame they can't refurbish what they have got. I don't like the new stadium plans. New ground looks shit, lets not beat around the bush here - it's a bowl stadium in the middle of nowhere. Very disappointing. The only consolation would be if they build it and it's able to be expanded in the future. Aberdeen are a sleeping giant, as proven at the 2011(?) League Cup final. They need to find a way to get bums on seats.They have a great away following. Home crowds are terrible though considering how well they are doing and the team they have at the moment. Got a lot of respect for them because they have built up a side with real quality. McInnes is a guid guy as well. I have no doubt that if Celtic were the same standard as they were last season, Aberdeen would once again be holding the hopes of a nation in the quest to break Old Firm dominance. I would be cheering them along every step of the way. @tree house tam

Celtic - Celtic Park is alright. It's dreadful for away fans because of the view. However if you support a successful side like SJFC you will inevitably end up at big cup games. Our biggest one to date was of course at Parkhead and I had a glorious view from the top tier behind the goal. As for the fans, well, they are scumbags. The Celtic team right now is just on another level. We all know that money, more often than not, buys you success in Scotland - however big Brendan is a good manager and a guid guy. I think he's squeezing the very best out of what he has.

Rangers - Ibrox is a class stadium. It's just a shame that it's always filled with utter mutants. I'd go as far as saying it's the second best ground in Scotland. Don't have much to say about the team, pretty average really. That Hyndman looks like he could be quite good though. Have to give a shout out to King Kenny though - he's doing really well considering his age and he's not really a scumbag. Don't have an opinion on Warburton. Apparently he wears a magic hat but I've never seen it.

Hearts - Tynecastle: best stadium in Scotland. It's going to look fucking amazing when the new main stand is open. I've got a semi at the thought of it. What makes it more exciting though is that you know it's going to be full, week in week out. I don't know what Hearts have done but they deserve huge credit for selling out Tynie every second week. It's great to see and makes Scottish football look good. The club has been run really well after the Romanov era and the fans are backing the club to the hilt. Hearts fans seem a decent bunch. The 'Hearts Song' is one of my favourite football songs - a toe tapper when played over the tannoy pre match and loud and boisterous when bellowed out by the Jambo faithful. As for the gaffer, I really want him to do well because he's come under a ridiculous amount of stick. it would be great for him to get it right up the old dinosaurs and fat cunt Boyd.

Motherwell - Not much to say. My favourite West coast team in the Premiership - just because they don't struggle every single season and their fans seem alright. Fir Park is alright. I still watch the highlights of the play-off final second leg for a dose of satisfaction every so often. A full Fir Park absolutely bouncing and then erupting when Bell punches it into the net.

Ross County - I really like Victoria Park. It's a ground full of character, it's close to the pitch and it's in the Highlands. A great place to watch football. County fans seem like a good bunch. They need more songs though instead of "clap (x 9), COUNTY."

Kilmarnock - Rugby Park is alright. It's a travesty that Killie only get 4,000 odd a game. I cannot believe they used to average 10,000 odd at home in the early 2000s. It gets me every time. Where the hell did the fans go? Will they ever come back? A shame. I can't really stand Killie tbh because they are just so shit these days. I said last season that they just need to go down for a change because they have become stale in the Prem. I stand by that. Was gutted Falkirk didn't come up.

Partick Thistle - Firhill, not really a fan. A stadium with missing stands is a mickey mouse stadium. I hate that. Pretty sure they were going to put a small terrace in behind there at some point not long ago. Haven't got a bad word to say about the fans.

Dundee - Dens Park, yeah it's a good ground. It's steeped in history. Couple of points: hate how they put a barrier along the Derry. The old famous stairway to the Derry needs to be cleaned up and opened again. As a SJFC supporter, we love to hate Dundee but at the end of the day they are good bunch of lads. At the game I'll tell you all how you're all inbred, yer mums a stealer, yer da's a dealer, you think dead rats are treats, you live in slums, how I'm going home to beat my wife because she's from Dundee - but after the game is done it's all handshakes and pints in the pub. Right lads?

Hamilton Accies - NDP: mickey mouse ground. I like the existing stands, and if other sides were completed with the same style of stand NDP would be a class stadium. But it's not, it's pretty shit. Respect to Accies, not the biggest of clubs but they do well for themselves.

Inverness CT - Stadium is pretty poor. I always think it would be dire to have to go to a big game and sit in the main stand in pishing rain. You'd get soaked. Think Inverness could do better fan wise, especially after their cup win. Fans are a decent bunch. Don't want them to go down this season so hope they can get themselves out of the relegation spots.

Great stuff, agree with almost every word.

Archived