Your thoughts on the 12 Premiership clubs

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ABERDEEN: responsible for some of my happiest and saddest times. It's fucking ridiculous a man of my age has such emotional investment in a sports team. Too many favourite players to mention. It rankles with me that Jackie MacNamara got to play for the Dons and I didn't. Seems unfair. Mark McGee was never as good as he thought he was. Frank McDougall was miles better.
CELTIC. If you are not from Glasgow and you support Celtic, you are a glory hunting p***k. You should have gone the whole hog and declared for Manchester United. If you are from Glasgow, you need a pretty good reason not to be following Thistle. Celtic is not a good enough reason. I liked Larsson, Andreas Thom, Moravcic and Danny McGrain. I don't like any of the rest. Peter Grant in particular.
DUNDEE. Handy for an away day. prefer them to the DABs. Incredible highs and lows for their fans with Caniggia Raveneli etc coming to Scotland and the inevitable cost. They seem a likeable bunch of cheeksters. I hate any suggestion of mergers with city rivals. That shite needs binned forever. I liked Billy Dodds, a real hard working player. John Brown should share a cell with aforementioned Grant.
HAMILTON. They have an annoying habit of beating us on their magic carpet. They need lessons from Killie on rolling over to the Famous on a plastic surface. Respect to their fans who have dodged the old firm bullet and support their local team, who are shite. Unless they are playing us. NDP isnae the worst ground. It's easy to get to and a good view behind the goals.
HEARTS. Good on them for rallying round to save their club. I like their posters on here. Top Cat in particular. The Jambos appear to have binned the Apprentice Boys guff, which is nice. Anne Budge seems to be an excellent owner. Tynecastle etc etc etc. Edinburgh is a fine city for a visit. I enjoy greatly the seethe Aberdeen victories induce down there. Quite rare, but golden.
ICT. Inverness Caledonian could and should have gone it alone. There was no need to obliterate Inverness Thistle. I really like the City, I lived ten years in the highlands and weekend visits were great. My kids have highland accents which is a blessing. I attended their first ever game, against Arbroath IIRC . It was a high scoring game and ICT won. Guys around me were saying "we are watching the Blues at Telford Street, what's different." I felt sad for Thistle that day. My dad took me to Peterhead games as a kid and Thistle were a big deal in the Highland League. Fuck all mergers. Favourite players are all the ones who sign for Aberdeen, again too many to mention.
KILLIE. Hurrah for Killie. Guaranteed 9 points and they can take points off the ugly sisters sometimes. No team inspires confidence in the Dons quite like Killie. Please stay in the Premiership forever Kilmarnock F.C. Nice enough ground, sorry that their chairman is a fannybaws. Don't like Kris Boyd.
MOTHERWELL. I like going to Fir Park. It's a fine big stand and the stewards let you out for a fag at half time. As with every other team down that neck, if you are following a side out with Them, it's likely you are on the side of the Angels. I also enjoyed the book Dressers. It has lots of pictures of trainers in it. I liked Willie Pettigrew. Keith Lasley is a cunt but he is very handsome.
PARTICK THISTLE. My favourite team apart from the Dons. Utterly splendid club. Flower in a cesspool. Liked Alan Rough and big Abdul Osman. Just the dogs bollocks of an away day. 'Mon the Jags.
RANGERS. I don't like them, at all.
ROSS COUNTY. It's a nice enough ground and an enjoyable day out. Compelling evidence of that there was no need for highland mergers. I like Liam Boyce.
St JOHNSTONE. Exceptional club. Always make me feel welcome. b*****d of a place to get a result though. Quite like the Fermers on here too, akin to the Dundee lads, only better dressed. Murray Davidson is a favourite non Aberdeen ( sadly) player of mine.

Inverness first ever game was v Arbroath?

Never knew this have you got a date would be interesting to have a wee read up on it.

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Never knew this have you got a date would be interesting to have a wee read up on it.

Our first ever game as a member of the league on 13/08/94.   A 5-2 victory for us at Telford Street.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  Only went to maybe another 3 games that season though.

Edit - It was our first league game i mean.  Think we played a cup game the week before.  East Stirling or Stirling Albion.  It was one of them.

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Call yourself and Arbroath fan? Oh, wait, sorry. Carry on.

Our first ever game as a member of the league on 13/08/94.   A 5-2 victory for us at Telford Street.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  Only went to maybe another 3 games that season though.
Edit - It was our first league game i mean.  Think we played a cup game the week before.  East Stirling or Stirling Albion.  It was one of them.

Superb. Love that.

Aberdeen

Responsible for the happiest and most heads gone and frustrating times of my life. Travelled all over Scotland and Europe following this mob and if I had the time (and money) I'd still be doing it every weekend. Passion not diminished. Watching the 2-1 Sevco game in September in a Moray pub full of Huns was a joyous occasion beyond words. Got it right up the b*****ds. Thank you for spanking the old & new huns, Dnipro, Copenhagen and 2014 

Celtic

Dicks. Annoyingly good this season but just a bunch of cunts who act like the odds are stacked against them. Paranoid, ugly p***ks. 

Dundee

Dad supports them. My wee team. Enjoyed it when they relegated United, much lolz.

Hamilton

Bit of a nonsense really. The ground is fit for a junior team and they stink up the league a bit. Back down to the seaside leagues, please.

Hearts

Knobends. But I don't hate them as much as I used to since the Unionism element seems to be dying out. Every Hearts fan I know IRL is sound and fair play to the fans for rallying round the club. Tynecaslte an excellent ground, always a good away day.

Inverness

Meh tbh. Can't say I've got much to say for or against them. Bit of a feeder club for the Famous. Their Chairman is a wanker. 

Killie

Good away day but seems like a bit of a soul sapping place these days. I like Lee Clark.

Motherwell

Not bad lads and enjoyed our rivalry a few years ago when we were always trading blows in the League and Cup. Fir Park is a good away day.

Partick Thistle

Sound lads. Kings of Glasgow.

Sevco

Scum. The world would generally be a better place if Rangers in any guise just died forever. I hope all who follow this new club suffer nothing but relentless misery in their professional and personal lives.

Ross County

Glorified Highland League outfit. Don't put me up nor down.

St Johnstone

Silly stadium. Deprived us of a Cup Double a couple of years ago. Who the fuck is Stevie May?

My views:

Aberdeen: I hate their stadium but seem like a good bunch of lads.  Once saw one of their players and significant other drinking blue WKD at 6am in Dublin Airport.  

Celtic: Torn between wanting to see them do well in Europe and wanting them to get torn to shreds  in Europe.  Thankfully, more often than not they make that decision for me.

Dundee: A bit odd.  Remember one guy being on the verge of tears after we beat them 1-0 at Dens a couple of years back.  It was never a penalty, he cried.  It jolly well was, said everybody else.  

Hamilton: a great bunch of lads.  Weird memories of a game in the second division when they had their financial issues and their players went on strike.  We beat them to go up and to send them down.  At the end of the game, the County players went to the Hamilton fans, and the Hamilton players went to the County fans.  I don't know if it was predetermined, but it was a nice touch.  

Hearts: seem to have some space cadet fans on here.  Tynecastle is the best stadium in the country when it's full.

Hibs:  oops.

Inverness: a great bunch of lads.  Wouldn't want to see them relegated.  Don't really regard them as rivals.

Killie: don't really have much interaction with them on here, but the ones I do see around here are a good bunch of lads. Probably most famous for that tearstained letter to the fans.  

Motherwell: they were our first opponents in the top flight, and were very respectful during the flag ceremony.  Great bunch of lads.  Came up another time and, for some reason, wanted to set fire to everything.  Not such a great bunch of lads.

Partick Thistle: I like their duffle coats, their ironic satchels and heated Belle and Sebastian based debates.

Rangers: Knightswood Bear is a good bunch of lad.

St Johnstone: a bit precious.  £40,000 to the good, for some reason.

46 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Dundee: A bit odd.  Remember one guy being on the verge of tears after we beat them 1-0 at Dens a couple of years back.  It was never a penalty, he cried.  It jolly well was, said everybody else.  

Greenie given, as the above made me titter.

Aberdeen: A principal antagonist in our dramas just as we are in theirs. When they were shit I missed having an Aberdeen side worth beating. Then they recovered just as we went into meltdown. Finally our matches are back to being amongst the ones you look for first in the fixtures. 

Celtic: A very well run plc which I was about to invest in when I had a bit of spare money but then I got hit with a massive MOT bill. 

Dundee: I was made welcome in the Cleppington after the match although the beer was rubbish.

Hamilton: I worked in Hamilton for a fortnight, the local football team was part of an anti-suicide leaflet campaign. Surely watching Accies isn't that bad.

Hearts: Supporters can be a right grumpy set of b*****ds sometimes, especially the guy off to the left, two rows back from me. 

Inverness Caledonian Thistle: Name so long it messes up spreadsheets

Kilmarnock: A long time ago I went out with a girl from Hurlford, aside from that I've got no reason to dislike them

Motherwell: Representing the finest town in Lanarkshire, which is a bit like being the best looking member of the Proclaimers.

Partick: Used to watch them when I studied in Glasgow in the '90s. I suspect there's probably a lot less dope being smoked there now. Scary mascot, preferred the Toucan.

Rangers: Lost a cup final to Hibs, How is that even possible, arseholes I mean really, Not even East Fife did that. You've gone and spoilt it for everyone else,

Ross County: Never met one, Couldn't point to Dingwall on a map so it's best not to express any opinion. Inverness fans seem to look down on them as small town bumpkins and they're from Inverness so that must say something.

Saint Johnstone: I would say "Great wee club, currently punching way above their weight" apart from the fact that their fans seem to object to being patronised as a "great wee club, currently punching way above their weight" so I'll call them an evil corporate megabrand, underachieveing,  plutocrats that represent everything that's wrong with modern football

Aberdeen: Irrelevant since the days of Gillhaus. 4/10.

Celtic: Employ Scott Brown. Minus 28/10.

Dundee: Oddball fans. SPH, though. 4/10.

Hamilton: Has a train out of Hamilton. 3/10.

Hearts: Need more hubris. 14/10.

Inverness CT: Good day out, other than the inevitable loss. 6/10.

Kilmarnock: Managed to fall out with a man who made pies. 6/10.

Motherwell: Anti-smoking, pro-Klan. 2/10.

Partick: Good boozers. Once got a pot noodle at a game. 7/10.

Rangers: Put Danny Wilson out of our misery, unironically play him. Still cunts, though. 1/10.

Ross County: Enjoy their scattergun approach of signing 12 foreigners every summer. 5/10.

St. Johnstone: I'm bored of this now. Have a appropriately beige 5/10.

13 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Aberdeen: Irrelevant since the days of Gillhaus. 4/10.

Celtic: Employ Scott Brown. Minus 28/10.

Dundee: Oddball fans. SPH, though. 4/10.

Hamilton: Has a train out of Hamilton. 3/10.

Hearts: Need more hubris. 14/10.

Inverness CT: Good day out, other than the inevitable loss. 6/10.

Kilmarnock: Managed to fall out with a man who made pies. 6/10.

Motherwell: Anti-smoking, pro-Klan. 2/10.

Partick: Good boozers. Once got a pot noodle at a game. 7/10.

Rangers: Put Danny Wilson out of our misery, unironically play him. Still cunts, though. 1/10.

Ross County: Enjoy their scattergun approach of signing 12 foreigners every summer. 5/10.

St. Johnstone: I'm bored of this now. Have a appropriately beige 5/10.

Celtic minus 28/10

Rangers 1/10

Big team found.

Archived