Is Tony Watt a dick ?

8 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

He'll be part-time in Scottish League One within three years. Staggering around pubs in Coatbridge giving it 'a scored against Barca for ra selick, gonnae buy us a pint'. 

He's trash.

If Derek Riordan was part of the Celtic youth set-up...

12 hours ago, Booker-T said:

thought you would be 20 years older

Well I am about 6 years older than him and wouldn't remember a first year, but I couldn't tell his precise age. As I recall his more apologetic mates seemed like they were in their late 30s/early 40s. 

The laddie is either on the spectrum or has adhd. Just a pity no cunt seems interested in looking into it.

Although what he said about remaining in England for the finances makes absolute sense. I never understood why any player who got a move down there would even consider coming back up. More money in the game even at the lower levels.

In one sense I feel his career is misrepresented (stay with me..). Quite simply he isn't, and never was, particularly talented. Even as a 16 year old at Airdrie all he had going for him was that he was strong and powerful for his age, he never really had much talent to speak of. However his goal against Barca elevated expectations of him to a level that he was never ever going to reach, therefore forever more he'll be classed as a guy who let the 'success' of that goal go to his head and stopped him making it at a higher level. I've no doubt that his attitude/commitment has been an issue from what his managers have said, and that hasn't helped. But he would never have been more than a decent English lower league/Scottish Premiership player anyway.

Compare him to someone like Riordan I think genuinely ruined his opportunity to make it to a really good level, I don't think that applies to Watt.

He's a decent player but clearly a bit thick, not with what he's said, he's just told the truth, but he'd have been better keeping his mouth shut. It could come back to bite him in the arse.

Still one of Scotlands best young strikers. How many other 23 year olds are better?

He's a decent player but clearly a bit thick, not with what he's said, he's just told the truth, but he'd have been better keeping his mouth shut. It could come back to bite him in the arse.

Still one of Scotlands best young strikers. How many other 23 year olds are better?

Worrying really. Not that long ago guys like goodwillie, May and Russell were scoring goals as youngsters, there aren't many coming through at all now. Given that none of those have hit the heights expected of them whatsoever, it's a pretty big concern for the future.

Worrying really. Not that long ago guys like goodwillie, May and Russell were scoring goals as youngsters, there aren't many coming through at all now. Given that none of those have hit the heights expected of them whatsoever, it's a pretty big concern for the future.

I can only think of Cummings.

Not a single young Scottish striker coming through at any team in the Scottish Premiership anyway? As for strikers in England under the age of 25? Can't think of any.

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 23:04, NewHope said:

One-goal, fly-by-night, soon-to-be has-been who thinks he's already made it but will end up as a never-was.

Next Franny Jeffers?

Archived