Is Tony Watt a dick ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-watt-dismisses-scottish-football-9781104.amp

Having started at Airdrie and after his goal against Barcelona I hoped Tony would have a bright future but as time has past he just seems like a complete roaster who has spurned opportunity after opportunity. Now after an absolute bang average loan spell at Hearts he is spouting this pish. 

I remember being in a kebab shop around Christmas 2015. There was a guy I vaguely recognised and because he was acting like such a dick to the staff that his pals had to apologise for him I assumed he went to my school. It was only after I left that I thought "No wait a minute, that was Tony Fucking Watt".

Cool story bro, I know

"I don't want to be back in Scottish football, to be honest with you. I enjoyed it at Hearts but I don't see myself in Scottish football in the next five or ten years."

"I'm not saying that in a bad way or with a strong feeling. Hearts were brilliant with me. They gave me the platform to get my career back after an injury.

"I just feel English football is more suited to me, or foreign football away from the UK. I don't mean to speak badly of Scottish football, there's some great players here who could play in the English Championship or the Premier League.

"It's just that for me I prefer to stay in England for a while."

He's on to something certainly since he's proven so indispensable to the non-Scottish clubs he's played for in his career.

3 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Don't think he's said anything too outrageous there. It's probably how a lot of players see it.

I was more getting at the fact that he's been sort of useless and followed by character problems at his many clubs.

33 minutes ago, The OP said:

I remember being in a kebab shop around Christmas 2015. There was a guy I vaguely recognised and because he was acting like such a dick to the staff that his pals had to apologise for him I assumed he went to my school. It was only after I left that I thought "No wait a minute, that was Tony Fucking Watt".

Cool story bro, I know

thought you would be 20 years older

The lad had the world at his feet if he had the right mentality. But almost every manager that has worked with him has branded him lazy and arrogant. Time is still on his side and I hope he can screw the nut and make a successful career. Doesn't seem particularly likely though.

I really don't mind Tony Watt saying what he says, given that it's undoubtedly true in many players minds, which is why so many people move on to play in the leagues down there. The SFA are the ones, as always, who are the arseholes here.

Archived