Blast From The Past!

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Anyone remember a series of action figures called Nightmares from back in the mid-Eighties?

Maybe, I just had a momentary flashback of one, but I would have guessed 90's.  Were they more of a shelf figure, bright green?

Eta: I like it when your Google searches bring up stuff like this:

ChuckNorris.JPG

Edited by Hedgecutter

Ah, I'm thinking of 'Monster in my Pocket'.

News Shopper:

'Nightmares' does still ring a bell though.

Do they still do those 'Corinthian figures' btw?

prostars-PRO1217.jpg  Les-Ferdinand-Corinthian-Football-Figure

.... and for something completely different, I'll just leave this old favourite here:

original-silly-putty.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

The same friend also had this which was great fun:
atmos.jpg
The bit at 23:01 (19.25 on the video clock) [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I got Atmosfear for a tenner off ebay a couple of years ago. It still had the video (which wasn't rewound to the start - b*****ds!) A great idea for a drunken games night until I realised one thing - no one's got a video player anymore.

Thankfully found the YouTube video and had a game of it.

YOU MAGGOT!!!!

5 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The original Dirty Harry whose wrist was too weak to hold the Magnum.

Sinatra.jpg

The role was then offered to John Wayne, then Robert Mitchum and then Burt Lancaster who turned it too!

You really can't picture anyone else in that role tho.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Maybe, I just had a momentary flashback of one, but I would have guessed 90's.  Were they more of a shelf figure, bright green?

Eta: I like it when your Google searches bring up stuff like this:

ChuckNorris.JPG

I've vague memories of a cartoon version of that on video.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Ah, I'm thinking of 'Monster in my Pocket'.

'Nightmares' does still ring a bell though.

They were your standard He-Man height action figures, which are about six or nine inches tall, I think? The only other thing I really remember is that they had actual cloth clothes, which looked really cheap and ratty. Somehow added to their charm. Might have been a glow-in-the-dark element too, but I may well be getting mixed up with that.

In other news, I got the complete Tales of the Unexpected on DVD a while back, and it was every bit as daft and predictable as I remembered, but very entertaining. Roald Dahl did little intros for the first series or two, and that laddie had to be one of the creepiest boys ever to make it onto television. Christopher Lee's Dracula had nothing on him.

Also, Thames pished all over Carlton. What a complete stitch-up that licence renewal was.

And in addition to the Bruce Willis/Cybill Shepherd Moonlighting "will they, won't they"

We had Vince and Penny in Just good friends.

Finally for tonight. First time I remember really watching the news as a story unfolded in front of you.

e40d9d3c7644017d7653562cff1d9d4c.jpg

Edited by dee_62

29 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

And in addition to the Bruce Willis, Cybill Shepherd Moonlighting "will they, won't they" We had Vince and Penny in Just good friends.

Apologies - YouTube links have disappeared. Will try and post from laptop tomorrow.

Finally for tonight. First time I remember really watching the news as a story unfolded in front of you.

e40d9d3c7644017d7653562cff1d9d4c.jpg

Yeah. I remember that too. I'm pretty sure they interrupted the snooker coverage to show it.