Blast From The Past!

rollerball-poster_346962_48715.jpg

Rollerball was a byword  for violence when I was at school. We tried to play it once, but without skates or motorbikes. Basically  somebody just held a ball and ran around while everybody else just kicked f**k out of each other. Good healthy fun...

I enjoyed the film at the time but watched it a couple of years ago and it has dated badly.

3 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

You lucky b*****d! - should have tried playing football with one of your dad's hand-me-downs from the sixties - laces and a valve!! Laces used to fray, hang longer at one side and whip into your face. Valve just used to bloody hurt anywhere!

affa542d3e844ff6f8614bc0b1f8a526.jpg

:lol: Why so angry? 

Shiteball? now there was a game and a half. If the ball somehow as they do becomes covered in dug shite, a new game would be immediately implemented and the ball was randomly kicked at anyone to cover them with shite. Worst part was having to go home covered in some dug shit and the impending battering aff yer maw for getting yer good school clothes manky. Hilarious fun though but not so much if the ball shat on your face upon impact. :bairn:barf

I defy anyone who in the early 80's didn't own or want a pair of these bad boys. The younger folk might laugh at them nowadays but they were once the trainers to be in.

1974-squash-classic.jpg

And then there was, the Silver Shadow ones as well that everyone wanted.

hi-tec_silver_shadow_trainers_silver21.j

3 minutes ago, saint dave said:

Two rites of passage movies. 

thewarriorsmoviesite-728x487.jpg

the-wanderers-shared-picture-us-1334427491.jpg

edfab644eda48d4be1e09a71322be5ba.jpg

WANDERERSbaldies.jpg

Absolute classics. My mate wasn't too badly off so he had a video. Used to pile up to his on a Saturday.

Watched these along with Texas Chainsaw, I spit on your grave etc all on pirates. Had to mess around with the tracking to make them watchable sometimes.

2 minutes ago, saint dave said:

Two rites of passage movies. 

thewarriorsmoviesite-728x487.jpg

the-wanderers-shared-picture-us-1334427491.jpg

edfab644eda48d4be1e09a71322be5ba.jpg

WANDERERSbaldies.jpg

That just reminded me of "Porkies". The first time I ever smoked a joint and watched this movie with all my friends when my Mum had gone out for the night.

When it got to the part when Miss Ballbreaker?? not sure if that's correct?, but anyhoo the bit after where she grabbed the pupils knob in the girls shower room describing to the faculty what the penis looked and she could identify it from as line up had us in stitches for ages and couldn't help laughing till I nearly pissed myself every time I thought about that sequence.

porkys.jpg?w=720&h=395

4876b1f0f26d0d68b4b00e0ce68f5390.jpg
The coop. Used to use these to buy Star Wars figures after the big shop. They also had tubes that sucked up money like something out of Charlie and the chocolate factory. 
I can remember fine fare as everything was like soviet Russia with yellow tins with black font.
Supermarket food really used to be terrible. The Indian stuff used to be totally rank. M&S was the game changer, now everything is pretty decent. Pot Noodles were probably a highlight back then. 
I think there's maybe too much choice now at times, there's a big ASDA near me and they have about a hundred different orange juices. Simpler times back then, it was APPLE JUICE or ORANGE JUICE take it or leave it!

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1487632118.875787.jpg

On a similar vein of shite old supermarkets I give you Presto