Aberdeen v Motherwell - 15/2/17

I can easily take seeing us getting a total scrubbing - god knows I've had enough practice over the years - but to see our "experienced" manager acting like a fucking spunk-lolly is far more embarrassing. A massive mea culpa to the 'Well fans and an apology to Aberdeen for his behaviour should be his next act or, (as he would never have the humility for that) a statement from his boss on his behalf.

Still, on the bright side - Parkhead on Saturday.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That third goal is right up there with O'Brien backheeling past Twardzik from a yard.

Great finishes from Bowman and Pearson. 
Christie's goal an absolute worldy, the other six entirely preventable.

Lasley with a wonderful lay off for Hayes to set up Rooney was impressive.

45 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

It wasn't just the fact McGhee was poor, I suppose it was his overall demeanour while at the Club

His first press conference making it abundantly clear he was gutted about not getting the Celtic job set the tone for a miserable time with him in charge.

We were getting relegated with him in charge, make no mistake 

My personal highlights were when he loaned Foster to Rangers in exchange for a crippled Andrius Velicka. This was despite Foster being our only senior full-back, and us already having Chris Maguire, Scott Vernon, Darren Mackie, Sone Aluko, Michael Paton and Josh Magennis to play up front.

That, and when he introduced our new signing Jerel Ifil and said "For the money we're paying, we're not getting John Terry."

Just now, jmothecat said:

Lasley with a wonderful lay off for Hayes to set up Rooney was impressive.

Like I said, right up with from 5:20 here as the worst goals I've seen us concede.

Quite aside from all the madness that's going on, was anyone daft enough to go? How did Bowman/Frear look?

I was a big fan of McGhee and desperately wanted him at Aberdeen.  

To this day, I still can't believe how badly it turned out.

I still can't hate him though.  I sometimes bump into him on the first flight from Landaan, to Glasgow, and he's pleasant enough.

That video though :)

Special mention to any 'Well fans that made the journey.  Cap doffed,  that can't have been easy.

Best of luck for the remainder of the season.

Yours

aDONis

3 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Indeed. Every week he seemed to come away with something that just pissed people off. 

However he did inherit some utter dross and a lot of players who simply didn't care and were happy to go missing for 90 minutes. We were utter shite but the sheer piss-taking by most of the team was the hardest part to stomach.

He took what was a difficult job and made it impossible. The board's target of finishing in the top 4 while playing attractive football on a massively reduced budget was very unrealistic, but McGhee's stubbornness and refusal to accept responsibility for anything that went wrong didn't help.

Saying that, we were treated to the comedy acts of Ifil (the worst basic technique of any professional footballer I've ever seen), Grassi, Vujadinovic and Stuart Nelson, as well as recording an inexplicable win over Rangers with 10 men.

56 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

It wasn't just the fact McGhee was poor, I suppose it was his overall demeanour while at the Club

His first press conference making it abundantly clear he was gutted about not getting the Celtic job set the tone for a miserable time with him in charge.

We were getting relegated with him in charge, make no mistake 

Add in the fact that it was never, ever his fault.  Despite the horrendous results he still had this arrogance that because he was Mark Mcghee it couldn't possibly be his own doing that we were on a one way road to relegation.

His failure to recognise how much losing 9-0 at Parkhead would hurt the club and the support.  He seemed to just see it as another diddy club taking a doing at Parkhead.  Shit happens eh Mark?

Throw in the lies about being spat on, and the disdainful way he's spoken about the club since he left all adds to a feeling of bitterness towards the man.  In my own stupid way I see Mcghee the player as almost a totally different person to Mcghee the manager.

36 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

That third goal is right up there with O'Brien backheeling past Twardzik from a yard.

Great finishes from Bowman and Pearson. 

Christie's goal an absolute worldy, the other six entirely preventable.

Yup, if the likes of Hayes, McGinn and Christie are on form and take you apart on the night you just have to hold your hands up and say they were better than us.

However the 'defending' at almost every goal is an utter shambles. Rooney and Considine both unchallenged in our six yard box from set pieces, the complete lack of communication and awareness when Frear gave away the penalty and Lasley's attempted clearance for the third were particular highlights.

Absolute shambles and embarrassing night for all concerned on and off the pitch.

8 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

He took what was a difficult job and made it impossible. The board's target of finishing in the top 4 while playing attractive football on a massively reduced budget was very unrealistic, but McGhee's stubbornness and refusal to accept responsibility for anything that went wrong didn't help.

Saying that, we were treated to the comedy acts of Ifil (the worst basic technique of any professional footballer I've ever seen), Grassi, Vujadinovic and Stuart Nelson, as well as recording an inexplicable win over Rangers with 10 men.

I'm pretty sure Ifil is the worst player I've ever seen at Premiership level. There are players that have come in for a couple of games who have probably been worse, but as a guy who is a regular starter at this level, I'd be surprised if there are any players as consistently bad as he was. Shocker.

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm pretty sure Ifil is the worst player I've ever seen at Premiership level. There are players that have come in for a couple of games who have probably been worse, but as a guy who is a regular starter at this level, I'd be surprised if there are any players as consistently bad as he was. Shocker.

I remember being quite excited to see him in action.

We signed him off the back of a (I'm told) good performance at Hull in a pre season testimonial for Dean Windass, not to mention that we'd gone into Europe with Stuart Duff and Derek Young at centre half, the thought of a recognised defender coming in was quite the prospect.

Our first league game was at home to Celtic, we were 3-0 down after half an hour but I can still remember the first time Ifil got the ball.  Struggled to take a simple touch then just attempted to leather the ball absolutely nowhere.  It was quite clear within about 2 minutes that he was an absolute fucking donkey.

Yep, The Sun, like their Daily Record brethren, are probably all on suicide watch as they know Aberdeen are going to cigar 2nd place. 6s and 7s for f**k sake.

Archived