The Rangers v Accies, Sat 4th March 12:30

cdhafc1874

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if we had got the correct calls from the officials,we would not have won that game.Another in a long list of shambolic performances since Martin Canniwin took over.

For a Manager who is a defender,we look disorganised at the back and the infatuation with Watson puzzles many;the guy hasn't had a good game ever in the first team.Watson out,Watson must go right enough.

Yesterday was perhaps the final straw in a season of many lows for many:to cravenly capitulate like that in the second half was a sore kick in the Henry Hall's.

The team will now go two ways:regroup and use yesterday as an incentive to win the fans back and avoid relegation or meekly surrender to the slide to The Championship.Time will tell.

How bad is our defending? Their second, third and fourth goals were all because of people being on their own in the box from a corner. The second one had Kiernan and Garner both on their own to flick on and finish.
Also, am I tripping, or did Garner definitely not get a hat-trick? Surely the 6th goal was O'Halloran's?

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Also, am I tripping, or did Garner definitely not get a hat-trick? Surely the 6th goal was O'Halloran's?

I thought that as well but after a few replays I think it comes off the goalkeepers foot.

Another promising performance yesterday and at last a scoreline that reflected Rangers complete dominance over a very poor Hamilton Accies side. Only their Keeper gets anywhere near pass marks for two great saves from a Miller Volley and a Toral header. 

Dodgy decisions. Foderingham did handle the ball outside the box but it is very tight. Could have gone either way.

The penalty. Toral is held back = Penalty. As he is about to shoot the Accies defender stands on his foot= Penalty. I cannot believe people are claiming there is zero contact as the pictures clearly show there was.

Garners assault on Imrie. Shocking challenge and inexplicable. Absolutely no defence and it  is such a truly awful decision that you want to hear why the referee never gave him a Red card for that. At the game we were  mostly angry at Garner for being so fucking stupid and getting himself sent off when we were cruising into the next round. It is not quite as poor a decision as the one with the Stirling Albion player on Ian Black but it is not far away from it.

The referee had a very poor game and there were decisions against Rangers that baffled me it was just Hamilton were very rarely in a position to hurt Rangers that none of these decisions really mattered. Scottish officials are pretty poor at the moment but yesterday was as poor a performance as i have seen in a while. 

It may actually help Canning as much of the talk is about one very poor decision that had no bearing on the result and a couple of tight decisions that went against Accies. If i was an Accies supporter i would be more worried about where the team are  going as they were  by a considerable distance the poorest team i have seen at Ibrox in a long long time. Rangers scored 6 and could have had quite a few more!

Decent performances for Rangers all over the park and you know things are going well when even Tavernier is looking like a footballer. One depressing thought for Rangers is our best player is Hyndman and he just highlights how far we have to go to get back challenging. We have only Barrie McKay who is anywhere near good enough at the moment. 

15 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Can't believe it. There are three other Accies fans on this: Bateman, Bert and Scotty. Bert fucked off home, Scotty fucked it and Bateman doesn't exist. I am melted!

I was do incandescent with rage I had to go sit in a dark room until the boxing came on. Seething doesn't even cover it.

25 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Very tight lol. He was at least a foot outside the box.

And as he grabbed the ball was falling back into the box. Which in real time is very tight. Last season away to Falkirk they were awarded a penalty that was 3 or 4 yards outside the box. There were posters on here who tried to justify that being given as a penalty.

MJC has a point that seems to go way over the heads of many on here. I only have to go back to the St Johnstone game when Rangers were denied a penalty and Kiernan was given a very debatable Red card. If you want to be taken seriously you have to be consistent. 

I have read on this thread that Garner deserves a 'Durranting' FFS what it that all about? 

26 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Can't believe Sevco fans were lapping up and loving Garner's assault on Imrie. Mouth breathers.

He's dished it out plenty, now he's got it back.

Simples.

You can't compare a contentious free kick at Aberdeen to what went on yesterday.

Bob Williamson - step out four yards. No penalty is ever given if it's four yards outside. I vague remember it as maybe two. Kiernan fully deserved his straight red. It was a terrible lunge into the back of the man.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Can't believe Sevco fans were lapping up and loving Garner's assault on Imrie. Mouth breathers.

At the game most of the supporters were somewhere between stunned silence at the sheer madness of the challenge and raging at Garners stupidity. There is simply no defence for that challenge.

At the game most of the supporters were somewhere between stunned silence at the sheer madness of the challenge and raging at Garners stupidity. There is simply no defence for that challenge.

They were standing up, singing Garner's name and applauding the tackle :lol:

6 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Very tight lol. He was at least a foot outside the box.

What they fail to realise is that it is a straight red for that offence.  Given that it was quite early in the game maybe explains why the ref and lino chose to ignore it. I can see no other reason why it wasn't called.  Surely one of them must have seen it ?? 

What they fail to realise is that it is a straight red for that offence.  Given that it was quite early in the game maybe explains why the ref and lino chose to ignore it. I can see no other reason why it wasn't called.  Surely one of them must have seen it ?? 

The linesman must have seen it but he bottled it.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If he deliberately handles the  ball outside box . I would argue he believed falling back he was inside his box. Too tight for a straight Red.

If you want to go by the absolute letter of the law then the player who pulled back Toral as he's about to shoot should have been sent off

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

If he deliberately handles the  ball outside box . I would argue he believed falling back he was inside his box. Too tight for a straight Red.

If you want to go by the absolute letter of the law then the player who pulled back Toral as he's about to shoot should have been sent off

If that wasn't deliberate from Foderingham I don't know what was . As Fuzzy said , the lino bottled it. 

Archived