The Wheel vs The Rock: The 3rd Chapter

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mugs.  

Falkirk tv has to be the worst offering in the Championship.

It is good for those abroad for live feeds. The whole philosophy the it will be a great income stream for the club is flawed though. It should be PPV for live and the rest should be free.

We have even given up the best viewing position to the away sides at our own stadium

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Subscribers, the guys who watched it will have 3 days access though

Anybody care to video the goals on their phone and upload it to YouTube? Would be a shiny, succulent little greenie for it as way of payment.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

It is good for those abroad for live feeds. The whole we will make this a great income steam for the club is flawed though. It should be PPV for live and the rest should be free.

but it's not though is it? They miss the start of games, drop the feed, shonky camerawork (is it an iPhone they use?), awful commentary. If you're going to charge for something, it has to be a professional standard.

Anybody care to video the goals on their phone and upload it to YouTube? Would be a shiny, succulent little greenie for it as way of payment.

Highlights will be up tonight. Shame Dumbarton didn't film as their highlights are usually pretty good

but it's not though is it? They miss the start of games, drop the feed, shonky camerawork (is it an iPhone they use?), awful commentary. If you're going to charge for something, it has to be a professional standard.

I don't think it is nearly as bad as you make out. Lewis Connelly is not too bad at the commentary TBF. The other lad is not great though.

I think now the techy lad who was ill is now back it has improved again.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I don't think it is nearly as bad as you make out. Lewis Connelly is not too bad at the commentary TBF. The other lad is not great though.

I think now the techy lad who was ill is now back it has improved again.

I gave up and started going to games again.

Thought we did ok today .falkirk were overall better team but didn't really threaten too much .

i can't remember 23 shots unless you count Taiwo chipping  the ball out when he got stuck what to do ??

i usually prefer to talk more about us than opposition shortfalls but Peter Houston really has to get a grip . His behaviour when thommo got tripped was a disgrace and along with a few of his players looked like they had a devine right to beat the wee diddy team.

2 super goals today and we competed well. I thought if Falkirk scored again it would be curtains but we still managed to hit bar and push at times without being overstretched .fair shot off post only major threat.

First half was a non event until the two goals with our only moments of excitement being when the Dumbarton goalie flapped at a couple of balls. Second half we started far too slowly and even after we equalised we huffed and puffed but didn't do enough. No idea whether baird was offside for bobs chalked off goal or whether the ball crossed the line. I certainly wouldn't trust the stand side linesman to make many decisions. Penalty shout looked decent . Dumbarton looked a decent outfit who should stay up pretty comfortably. Vaughan was a thorn in our side all day and I'm surprised Raith felt able to let him go on loan considering their predicament. 

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

First half was a non event until the two goals with our only moments of excitement being when the Dumbarton goalie flapped at a couple of balls. Second half we started far too slowly and even after we equalised we huffed and puffed but didn't do enough. No idea whether baird was offside for bobs chalked off goal or whether the ball crossed the line. I certainly wouldn't trust the stand side linesman to make many decisions. Penalty shout looked decent . Dumbarton looked a decent outfit who should stay up pretty comfortably. Vaughan was a thorn in our side all day and I'm surprised Raith felt able to let him go on loan considering their predicament. 

So were we. Thanks Gary Locke. Loaning out a forward to a club one point below us at the time, who are now in front...

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Didn't really think Martin flapped at anything today. There was a quick header flicked in from Austin which I thought he done well to react to and push up into the air.

1 minute ago, rw89 said:

So were we. Thanks Gary Locke. Loaning out a forward to a club one point below us at the time, who are now in front...

Thanks Gary Locke indeed :thumsup2

8 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Didn't really think Martin flapped at anything today. There was a quick header flicked in from Austin which I thought he done well to react to and push up into the air.

Thanks Gary Locke indeed :thumsup2

There looked to be quite a bit of indecision there between him and the defender. He also went up for a ball with one of our boys and flapped. We couldn't make anything of it though unfortunately.

I think we'll regret the dropped points but that was a very enjoyable match. We probably shaded it but were never pulverising them.

I always enjoy Dumbarton coming to the Bairnabeau as they always go for it and don't just sit in. Sure, that leads to a few defeats but fair play.

52 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

My mistake, was up the back and thought it looked like you from behind. Must be your twin or something ;)

I know the guy yo mean. A few rungs down the food chain from Balloch Sons Fan. To be fair, the 'Come Oooan!' cry is sometimes punctuated with 'Whizzat?'. He has a wee boy with him who never fails to look mortally embarrassed.

An entarrtaining match really? I'm sick to the back teeth of us hoofing it forward hopefully with muirhead being the main culprit..hippo had his worst game in the navy blue & aird looked like he wasn't trying a leg when he came on ...we are to small time for him & his Canadian orange ludge upbringing...free him now & pay his contract off he's not interested 

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Thought the atmosphere was decent enough, certainly wasn't pish. We were terrible however, passing and tackling was just second rate.

Some cracking goals in what I thought was an entertaining match. The ref and his assistants were absolutely shocking. Anyone know if watsons shot went over the line.

People calling for aird to play over craigen will hopefully stop now. Craigens set pieces are better than anyone else we've got and aird was just well... shite

I agree about the refereeing team, it could have been a completely different game. A free kick for us in the build up for your first. But there was no atmosphere from you guys. At home, a game you should have won, I would be looking for the fans to get right behind the team. We only heard you guys when you scored and to shout at the ref.

15 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I know the guy yo mean. A few rungs down the food chain from Balloch Sons Fan. To be fair, the 'Come Oooan!' cry is sometimes punctuated with 'Whizzat?'. He has a wee boy with him who never fails to look mortally embarrassed.

"WAN OF YOOZ" Was his phrase of choice in the second half today. Oddly he did it any time a Falkirk player and Sons player went for the ball. I can't see Darren Barr stepping to one side and saying "You take this one Nathan, it's only right we share it about" or vice-vera.

Also randomly hit out with "HURRAY UPPP" every now and then. I get people can get carried away at games, but that guy seriously needs to chill out a wee bit.

Archived