The Wheel vs The Rock: The 3rd Chapter

7 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

"WAN OF YOOZ" Was his phrase of choice in the second half today. Oddly he did it any time a Falkirk player and Sons player went for the ball. I can't see Darren Barr stepping to one side and saying "You take this one Nathan, it's only right we share it about" or vice-vera.

Also randomly hit out with "HURRAY UPPP" every now and then. I get people can get carried away at games, but that guy seriously needs to chill out a wee bit.

Older woman at the front turned round and shouted 'shut up you fud' to him!! I doubt he heard or cared.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

No complaints with the draw. Thought it was a relatively enjoyable game but obviously disappointing not to play better and get the win.

A lot of our fans need to get a grip. Some utter thicko giving me the "Ah pye ma moneh" speech at full time after eavesdropping on me telling a mate to "calm down".

f**k off hen.

Some of our fans are bombscares. At the playoff game against Hibs one woman in the South Stand spent the whole game shouting 'f**k off back to Trainspotting you junkie b*****ds' She did this the whole game. I'm not even sure what it means. Her charming teenage son also told the deaf and dumb lad who is very enthusiastic to 'shut the f**k up' That particularly pissed me off as he used to sit in front of me when I had a season ticket in the main stand and he is just a passionate Falkirk fan.

I agree about the refereeing team, it could have been a completely different game. A free kick for us in the build up for your first. But there was no atmosphere from you guys. At home, a game you should have won, I would be looking for the fans to get right behind the team. We only heard you guys when you scored and to shout at the ref.

You're sitting in the main stand tbf with all the coffin dodgers. The south stand had some decent singing and the fans got right behind the team. We were singing when we were 2-1 down but hey ho.

I've occasionally ventured into the MS for the odd cup game when tickets are going cheap, and by f**k it's horrendous in there. Folk genuinely grumbling and not clapping even when we score. Awful.

At least in the SS you generally get a good bit of chat and the odd good laugh. That's not even counting the sensational SCENES we've seen v Rangers, Sevco, Hibs etc.

Enjoyable game, particularly after the first half an hour. Gutted to not win but over the piece i think a draw was fair enough.
Was really impressed with both the Dumbarton wingers and all the goals were excellent.

That's the positive stuff out of the way, why were we backing off the Dumbarton players whenever they ran with the ball? They scored 2 goals by dribbling past half our team before shooting. Thought Hippolyte looked off the pace too, didn't look sharp at all. The hoof balls from our defence were incredibly frustrating too.

main stand a dozen or so rows back is the best view of the game obvs..but if I would move I could due to it being like a kindergarten...call me old school but I want to go for a couple of pints & sit beside football fans not wimmun & children....& as for this breastfeeding campaign the worlds gone mad

Thought we were really poor tbh. Far too pedestrian. While we created a good number of chances our overall play was poor. Craigen is frustrating cause his lack of pace and finishing really lets him down but he can whip in some excellent deliveries into the box. Aird hasn't been spectacular either in fairness.

Fash and BSLM looked a lot better together today. Fash finally showing that there is potential there. Glad he got the monkey of his back with his first goal. Will help him build confidence. He's pretty rough but could develop into a great player. Deceptively good in the air given his physique. Can beat a man, has pace and can hold up the ball as well. Really needs to work on decision making though.

Grant, Leahy and Taiwo best for me. Thought Craigen should've done better at some of the chances he had. Muirhead wasn't at the races at all and general distribution from the back was poor.

not the greatest game considering there was 4 goals. both Dumbarton goals were crackers but a tackle from any midfielder or defender would've been nice. thought we were poor today but were still the better team and could've won it (or lost it!) hippo was out of touch from the start and Austin looks good. bob looked sharp when he came on and must be pushing for a place, maybe try him and Austin?

a couple of moans, the ref was shocking and it seems to me that no Scottish ref will do anything about players timewasting! also the incredibly patronising "it's only Dumbarton, we should pump them.." attitude of a lot of our fans (especially on the facebook page) it completely ignores the form and results they've had this season, it's so cringeworthy and embarrassing. still looking good for the play offs, roll on next week.

Really good player but can have his off days and today was one of those days.

I think he's still haunted by images of Frazer Wright every time he plays against us to be honest. Ironically he was actually playing pretty well that day, right up until his head flew off his shoulders, and his boot flew up Fraz's backside.

Is Hippolyte any good for you guys? I've seen him quite a few times for you and Livingston, and can honestly say I've never been impressed

He's decent once every 4/5 games. Even then, he'll do sod all but infuriate for 89 minutes then score or produce something fantastic.

Archived