Queens v Raith Rovers

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Apart from the despicable "four, shree, shree" I was impressed by the way he spoke. He always comes across as a guy that would go nuts at half time but I thought there was a lot of praise there for his players. Certainly taking a positive outlook on it and not picking on one area or person for the goals. He said they were sloppy to concede but didn't pin it on the defence or 'keeper.

I reckon he'll have Rovers playing decent stuff next season. Would love to have Yogi at Palmerston.

Surely you would rather have Gary Naysmith as manager.Yogi will get Rovers playing but of all the managers I have heard speak at the A.G.M Naysmith was easily the best.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely you would rather have Gary Naysmith as manager.Yogi will get Rovers playing but of all the managers I have heard speak at the A.G.M Naysmith was easily the best.

I'm not criticising Naysmith but Yogi is a manager I've always wanted to see at Palmerston. Naysmith won't be at us forever and I'd be more than happy for Yogi to be in charge at one time or another.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

(Unless he has some sort of relegation release clause) I don't think it'll make much difference what division your in. The league below is just dreadful and a club of Raith's size won't struggle to come back up. Look at Livi! Daft as it sounds, relegation may not be such a bad thing in the grand scheme. For us it was a bizarre blessing. We got rid of the shite (manager included) and kept our promising youngsters. It gave them a good year to bond and we got the balance of old and young just right. The youngsters from that season earned themselves moves to bigger clubs as a result. Yogi is a good gaffer to have for a rebuilding job you'd imagine.

He's out of contract in the summer so he might see it as something which he'd not want to be involved in. We've got a decent core signed up like Stewart, Vaughan, Bobby Barr, Benedictus and Cuthbert (I think) signed up. Even still, if we go down it'd be a disaster financially. There would be no guarantee we would come right back. In all honesty, I'd be hopefully we can avoid the situation entirely. We've got a decent squad, although admittedly as it stands we've no goal keeper who is fully fit. We need everyone to pull together in the right decision then have a look at where we're at in the Summer.  If we can get a squad and get our forwards firing, then we'll be fine. 

If we stay up, I'd be confident of us moving forward if Yogi stays. He's got a great track record and with time he can build his own squad. 

58 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Apart from the despicable "four, shree, shree" I was impressed by the way he spoke. He always comes across as a guy that would go nuts at half time but I thought there was a lot of praise there for his players. Certainly taking a positive outlook on it and not picking on one area or person for the goals. He said they were sloppy to concede but didn't pin it on the defence or 'keeper.

I reckon he'll have Rovers playing decent stuff next season. Would love to have Yogi at Palmerston.

I always find his interviews cringeworthy in all honesty. Endless cliches and no substance,

That said still a decent enough manager which is what matters.

He was using  his arms to "gain height" when he jumped, every player does that. Even Raith players. Davidson should have been off for persistent fouling.

Barry Cook was an absolute joke of a referee, getting booed off at the end of the first half, with Queens two nil up and when he reappeared for the second half.

Always liked the look of him actually. I was surprised that he didn't start today. Would be worth going for.

I was talking to a Motherwell scout in the main stand today who was looking at a Raith player but wouldn't indulge who exactly. I asked him if he was there to watch Dom Thomas and then he asked how he was doing at Queens. The guy himself played at Junior level for Carluke.

Always liked the look of him actually. I was surprised that he didn't start today. Would be worth going for.

I was talking to a Motherwell scout in the main stand today who was looking at a Raith player but wouldn't indulge who exactly. I asked him if he was there to watch Dom Thomas and then he asked how he was doing at Queens. The guy himself played at Junior level for Carluke.

Callachan seems to be getting a lot of interest from the top league but has just recently signed a new deal. The only player that I can think of would be M'Voto that Motherwell may be interested in. He won't cope with the top league though.

I asked the guy if he was watching Mark Stewart and he must shook his head. I told him that Stewart had a good record of scoring against Queens. At one point in the second half I noticed that Stewart was in the right back position which seemed peculiar. I also thought You would have been more animated on the touchline. I never noticed him until the first subs were made. Who were the two guys shouting instructions onto the pitch?

I asked the guy if he was watching Mark Stewart and he must shook his head. I told him that Stewart had a good record of scoring against Queens. At one point in the second half I noticed that Stewart was in the right back position which seemed peculiar. I also thought You would have been more animated on the touchline. I never noticed him until the first subs were made. Who were the two guys shouting instructions onto the pitch?

Probably Craig Easton and Kevin McBride.

2 hours ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Never noticed that one.

Neither did I.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Raiths sub striker Declan Mcmanus has been around the championship clubs on loan while with Aberdeen & currently Fleetwood where he and Dobbie played together think he could do a job at Queens next season.

Aye maybe he could cut the grass or serve the pies at Palmerston because he sure as f**k isn't a football player. 

Archived