Queens v Raith Rovers

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith are pretty tempting at 16/5 for the win today. At least it would cover my bet and entry to game.

Given we've kickstarted St Mirren's season two seasons on the bounce by gifting them their first win I don't see why we can't give Raith a gift of their first win in 16(?). Add to that the last time we met Raith did nothing for 90 minutes before deciding to score. New manager syndrome, well competent manager even, added into the bargain and I'm pretty nervous about this one.

Superstitions aside I'm confident. We've been a far better side since the new boys came in and have played far better. We even played well last week without them though I expect they'll all start today.

Mercer to resume at RB and Brownlie will go into the centre with Dowie or Higgins. I'm actually at the stage now where I couldn't care which. Thomson and Rankin will likely replace Murray and Hamill.

Defend like we did against Utd and we will concede. Play like we did in the second half and I reckon we should have enough for the win.

Raith are pretty tempting at 16/5 for the win today. At least it would cover my bet and entry to game.

Given we've kickstarted St Mirren's season two seasons on the bounce by gifting them their first win I don't see why we can't give Raith a gift of their first win in 16(?). Add to that the last time we met Raith did nothing for 90 minutes before deciding to score. New manager syndrome, well competent manager even, added into the bargain and I'm pretty nervous about this one.

Superstitions aside I'm confident. We've been a far better side since the new boys came in and have played far better. We even played well last week without them though I expect they'll all start today.

Mercer to resume at RB and Brownlie will go into the centre with Dowie or Higgins. I'm actually at the stage now where I couldn't care which. Thomson and Rankin will likely replace Murray and Hamill.

Defend like we did against Utd and we will concede. Play like we did in the second half and I reckon we should have enough for the win.

How's the weather in Dumfries? No doubts about the match being on, I'm guessing?

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

How's the weather in Dumfries? No doubts about the match being on, I'm guessing?

Been heavy rain/wind during the night but rain/wind due to get lighter for kick off, wouldn't think the pitch will have any issues.

No idea. I'm in Glasgow now. It was bucketing down at 6am though. Rain won't postpone the game as it's plastic at Palmerston. I reckon if it was to be called off it would be due to high winds. You could see the rain being swept across the road this morning but it's nothing like it was the other day. Can't imagine it'll be off is the short answer, but I don't know what the forecast is for later on (wind wise).

Hadn't realised Queen of the South had only won once at home in the league since demolishing us back in September. You seem to have an extremely leaky defence at Palmerston too.

Since finding that out, I'm now somewhat confident that we might only lose narrowly, rather than get humped.

Hadn't realised Queen of the South had only won once at home in the league since demolishing us back in September. You seem to have an extremely leaky defence at Palmerston too.

Since finding that out, I'm now somewhat confident that we might only lose narrowly, rather than get humped.

A lot of those games came before Naysmith and before the new signings. The victory was the other week against Morton who had humped us 5-0 on their last visit. Our home record is poor but I'm not sure too much can be read into it.

When was our away record last as good out of interest? It's quite disappointing we haven't been able to make our stamp at home or the season could have been much different. I can't remember the last time we sat 3rd in the 'Away' table at this level.

Hughes has gone with wrong team here ! At times it's a back 3 with m Voto Barr and davo. But the attacks get messed up when Thomson who is not a left winger can't cross on his left and benny is not a right wing !

Archived