Queens v Raith Rovers

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As everyone know the Raith keeper was struggling in the second half and really shouldn't have been there although he dealt comfortably with everything that came his way. With no sub keeper on the bench would it have been worth a gamble to have put an outside player in goals. I'm sure if he had lost 2 or 3 goals people may have said this

If we play as well as we did *insert time we played well* we'll beat Falkirk.

If we play as poorly as *insert time we played poorly* we probably won't.

Those kind of statements mean nothing.

Our second half performance owed a lot to the fact we were absolutely cruising in the first 45. Although there was a distinct air of "job done" among our players' attitudes second half we still created more chances than Raith and didn't really look like conceding a second.

After a barren run at home I will quite happily take two comfortable victories against Morton and Raith.

8 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

If we play as well as we did *insert time we played well* we'll beat Falkirk.

If we play as poorly as *insert time we played poorly* we probably won't.

Those kind of statements mean nothing.

Our second half performance owed a lot to the fact we were absolutely cruising in the first 45. Although there was a distinct air of "job done" among our players' attitudes second half we still created more chances than Raith and didn't really look like conceding a second.

After a barren run at home I will quite happily take two comfortable victories against Morton and Raith.

This.

As disappointing as it was not to kick on from the half time score which probably flattered Raith, and as poor as the goal we lost was, we never looked like losing another and ended up seeing the game out professionally with the ball in the corner for much of the last 2 or 3 mins in a way we rarely do successfully. Mission accomplished on a day Falkirk couldnt beat Dumbarton at home. It was a good day for us.

Saying if we play well we will win ignores the fact that we have "played well" in several games this season and still lost. A good example was last week when most people said we were the "better side" despite giving away 2 ridiculous goals and losing a poor third. We also missed some good chances. So "playing well" guarantees nothing, especially with a defence that seems almost incapable of getting through a game without donating a goal or goals. 

From the highlights Lyle is a bit fortunate. There isnt a great deal of force in it but there does appear a swing back of the arm. Lucky maybe it was in the opening seconds and not half an hour in.

Our second goal is probably helped by Brennan struggling to walk at that point. You can see him hopping along the line to try to get in front of Lyle.

The M'Voto goal is disappointingly central. Its a powerful header but Lee should probably have been able to parry it at least.

Dobbie does look just offside and I had forgotten the Hardie headed chance when I said they never seriously threatened a second goal. He should do better with that. 

Still overall I thought we deserved to win and did. A good weekend for us with Jacobs and Marshall agreeing new deals too.

Lyle is very lucky there, 'you've seen them given'. I take issue with the way Thomson goes down clutching his face though. He was struck at the back of the head ffs.

Why did it zoom in on us in the second half? I don't think there was a serious penalty claim there. The offside decision was more infuriating. At the time I thought he was onside and looking at the highlights I still think that's the case. The very next Raith attack lead to their goal which made it even worse. It's obviously not the greatest angle but I think M'voto plays him on.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1488104642.512648.jpg

That says how poor Queens were in the second half, if they play like the second half next week Falkirk could win easily

That'll be the Falkirk team who came back from 2-1 down to draw with Dumbarton at home yesterday and the team that haven't looked remotely like beating us this season!!!

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Lyle is very lucky there, 'you've seen them given'. I take issue with the way Thomson goes down clutching his face though. He was struck at the back of the head ffs.

Why did it zoom in on us in the second half? I don't think there was a serious penalty claim there. The offside decision was more infuriating. At the time I thought he was onside and looking at the highlights I still think that's the case. The very next Raith attack lead to their goal which made it even worse. It's obviously not the greatest angle but I think M'voto plays him on.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1488104642.512648.jpg

I think the zoom in was because we were claiming there was no foul BY us when a free kick was given. However it does look like Dykes barges him over.

Your photo for me shows Dobbie offside. You need to look at the line of the penalty area. Thats the parallel line. On that angle he appears beyond M'Voto to me.

I think the zoom in was because we were claiming there was no foul BY us when a free kick was given. However it does look like Dykes barges him over.
Your photo for me shows Dobbie offside. You need to look at the line of the penalty area. Thats the parallel line. On that angle he appears beyond M'Voto to me.

Possibly. I thought Davidson bought the foul yesterday. He went down far too easily even on the highlights but Dykes did connect with him as you say.

The picture doesn't fully clear it up tbh. I think unless you're dead in line there's no definitive answer.

Possibly. I thought Davidson bought the foul yesterday. He went down far too easily even on the highlights but Dykes did connect with him as you say.

The picture doesn't fully clear it up tbh. I think unless you're dead in line there's no definitive answer.

You mean, where the linesman was standing?

Archived