Queens v Raith Rovers

I think it's extremely harsh to blame Robinson for yesterday's goal. A header from M'voto 7 yards out; you seen that guy? He'd call The Hulk "wee man". Apart from that, I'm impressed he reacted at all given Brownlie was infront of him, blocking his sight of M'voto.

Robinson has been a great 'keeper for us. I only have two negatives about him and it's his stupidity when barging into players and his kicking has been woeful at times. Though I'm really confident when he has the ball at his feet.

He's produced some of the best saves I've witnessed by a QoS GK and to say he's conceded a lot of goals "the stats don't lie" is extremely simplistic. A GK is only as good as his defence.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Newby said:

Ha, that's all we need a lunatic on the Run

Hiya Besty.

Do you think you will still be supporting Queens next season, or will Robinson have moved on?

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think it's extremely harsh to blame Robinson for yesterday's goal. A header from M'voto 7 yards out; you seen that guy? He'd call The Hulk "wee man". Apart from that, I'm impressed he reacted at all given Brownlie was infront of him, blocking his sight of M'voto.

Robinson has been a great 'keeper for us. I only have two negatives about him and it's his stupidity when barging into players and his kicking has been woeful at times. Though I'm really confident when he has the ball at his feet.

He's produced some of the best saves I've witnessed by a QoS GK and to say he's conceded a lot of goals "the stats don't lie" is extremely simplistic. A GK is only as good as his defence.

All he had to do yesterday was jump straight up and he would have saved it. Instead he made some overblown, spectacular dive.  And I think he has great difficulty with shots from outside the box, for some reason. The reaction stuff he is normally ok with. 

I appreciate you are a keeper, so you probably know more about it or are quite "protective" of them. Robinson has made some good saves but, imo, they are counterbalanced by the number of goals he lets in that he really should stop. 

I've been supporting Queens for a long time and we have a long tradition of making life difficult for ourselves, yesterday being another example. We were so on top for an hour, I couldn't see us not winning but that was a nervy last 20 minutes.

When was the last time we had 20 shots in a game - and 8 of them were on target apparently?

Plenty of positives, Mercer seems to be gaining in confidence and even happy to have a crack at goal. Jacobs was close to MOM.

Have to say that apart from scoring that M'voto looked poor. For a big guy, he was letting the ball bounce and losing it, no pace and poor distribution. Raith must have better than that surely?

If we win the next two, I'll begin to think about maybe making the top four. Suspect Falkirk would be happy with (another) draw, I would if I was them....

A quick word for the Rovers TV highlights:  Great to see two replays (one close up) for a foul in the first five seconds, but none for the Queens goals.  Who wants a second view of a goal after all?

They think they won 1 - 0 .

Think you're the only person I've ever seen complain about the Raith highlights, which are as professionally put together as you'll find, and completely free.

Does your laptop not have the ability to rewind a video?

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

All he had to do yesterday was jump straight up and he would have saved it. Instead he made some overblown, spectacular dive.  And I think he has great difficulty with shots from outside the box, for some reason. The reaction stuff he is normally ok with. 

I appreciate you are a keeper, so you probably know more about it or are quite "protective" of them. Robinson has made some good saves but, imo, they are counterbalanced by the number of goals he lets in that he really should stop. 

Robinson seems to have a knack of making hard stuff look easy, but easy stuff look difficult.  I'd much prefer my goalkeeper to be able to do the bread and butter stuff.  Our games aren't on TV often enough for him to be "making saves for the cameras".

His terrible kicking has caused us no end of problems this season as well.

4 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Think you're the only person I've ever seen complain about the Raith highlights, which are as professionally put together as you'll find, and completely free.

Yep excellent highlights from Raith and available quickly too.

Well done to all involved.

38 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

It isnt his complaint. He is quoting Monkey Tennis. And for what its worth I agree with him. Thought the lack of replays on our goals was surprising. I would have thought your fans would be interested in picking out what went wrong on goals conceded. Our highlights are slower in production but they are also free and provide slow mo replays of all goals.

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

.  Lee Robinson is starting to piss me off with his reluctance to start quick counter-attacks, instead he waits 'til the opposition defence is back in position before hoofing the ball forward, and in a lot of cases, usually out of the park.

One of the problems is that we defend in depth at freekicks/corners etc only leaving the one up against two defenders and usually a third covering player. The 'defenders' or attacking players aren't quick enough at coming out and in particular running to the by line to create space and stretch the opposition defence

2 hours ago, rw89 said:

A service for Rovers fans showing incidents which were interesting for Rovers fans, which shows the two Queens goals? It's almost like the service isn't given with Queens fans in mind! :lol:

I'd have thought Rovers fans would also be interested to see replays of the goals their team conceded, but hey ho.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think it's extremely harsh to blame Robinson for yesterday's goal. A header from M'voto 7 yards out; you seen that guy? He'd call The Hulk "wee man". 

:lol: Brilliant definition of M'Voto. Up there with the Falkirk fan who referred to Mark Stewart as like watching a speedboat without a driver. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think that's just about fans of every team said that M'Voto looks like bomb scare. Yet he's probably (definitely) our player of the year. That probably means something, though I'm not sure what.

He is very dominant in the air but not great on the ground and sometimes dragged out of position a bit easily. Reminds me a lot of Marvin Andrews though Andrews probably had more football about him.

For me, Brennan should be doing better for the opener, and Davidson (I think?) is far too weak for the second. Hardie should probably have hit the target with his chance too, though certainly willing to accept we didn't deserve a result based on the highlights.

Worrying times for us.

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think that's just about fans of every team said that M'Voto looks like bomb scare. Yet he's probably (definitely) our player of the year. That probably means something, though I'm not sure what.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He is very dominant in the air but not great on the ground and sometimes dragged out of position a bit easily. Reminds me a lot of Marvin Andrews though Andrews probably had more football about him.

I certainly don't view M'Voto as a bomb scare, he does what he has to do very effectively. As SD says he's dominant in the air yet, first half especially, we persisted in hitting high balls to (usually) Lyle which M'Voto lapped up. Like most big defenders he's not so keen when players take him on on the ground though. Playing against the  big "Edge" in Dundee United's defence the previous week was just the same, high balls which he mopped up. I can see why M'Voto is a clear frontrunner for your POTY though.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd have thought Rovers fans would also be interested to see replays of the goals their team conceded, but hey ho.

Nah! travelling 120 miles and witnessing our ineptitude 1st hand was more than enough without the need to see endless replays.

If you want replays of how great you were, then get yer own highlights.

First and foremost ...we are awe in this together and we have to look in the mirror and say FUCKIN THOMSON AT RIGHT BACK AND MCHATTIE IF AVAILABLE?????? AT LEFT BACK?............simples smarter than the average bear boo boo.......

Archived