Best/Worst chant heard at your ground?

Baraclough's last game was brilliant at Morton. I think collectively the support had gone through all the stages of being shit. Anger, sadness, disappointment, acceptance and arrived at only being able to take the piss.

Joining in with the Morton fans singing "We're Greenock Morton, we're better than you". Because they were.

Genuine celebration in the Motherwell end when Jake Taylor finally got hooked in extra time.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

I was down the bottom of the hill with my family, right where the bus' stopped and the coach where the players families were.  I'm a bit too young for 0-7 but was at 0-3 1999 and 6-2. ;) 

Quite a lot of people there tbh.

Great vid, burnt a few calories maself that day , not on Stubbsy Hill though 

2 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Great vid, burnt a few calories maself that day , not on Stubbsy Hill though 

Your first non-aggressive post on pie and bovril.  You have came far.  Enjoy this evening ;) 

Couple spring to mind:

After Goram had pulled out of an international match, due to mental health problems, we sang "There's only two Andy Gorams." Funniest part was when he turned round to us and made a face and posture of a physically disabled person which then made the next day's papers.

<of course, mental health and physical disability is no laughing matter>

Singing "we know she said "no"" to Allan MacGregor after the papers had reported an incident between him and his missus.

<of course, marital and/or sexual abuse is no laughing matter>

Not very PC, the Killie fans.

When Butcher was at ICT the sellic fans were giving it all the 'Argentina ' stuff. The North stand responded with 'Thierry Henry' to the tune of Tom Hark. 

Also remember chanting Sebo! Sebo! The time we did Rangers at Xmas at Caley Stadium, he was so bad. Poor guy hadn't a clue what was happening :lol:

I always found the "if you hate Motherwell, have a go" one from the younger members of our support a bit cringey.

I don't know about best in terms of wit and not exactly at our ground but at half time at Ibrox in the playoff final we had a cracking rendition of "oh the Rangers are shite".

48 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

I always found the "if you hate Motherwell, have a go" one from the younger members of our support a bit cringey.

I don't know about best in terms of wit and not exactly at our ground but at half time at Ibrox in the playoff final we had a cracking rendition of "oh the Rangers are shite".

Twist and shout was decent from Motherwell in those two games I painfully admit 

My favourite Thistle song is 'Mary fae Maryhill' - better than any cringey, ultra shite. 

Also enjoy 'you'll never get a job, sign on...' when we play Celtic and Morton.

The worst chant I've heard at Firhill has been the awful 'you don't know what you're doing' chant aimed at the referee. It's made an appearance at just about every game I've been at this season, anytime we didn't get a throw-in we deserved or something. It's fucking tragic and I wish it people would stop it.

Archived