Scottish Cup Holders 2016 v Scottish Cup Winners 2017

itzdrk

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Efe Ambrose fouling the boy in the second half when he had his arms by his side was one of the funniest things I've seen at ER in ages :lol: 

The challenge when he just stood in front of him and watched him drop? 

Hibs just a better team really. It's that simple.

Feared for the worst after those two goals (first one a great finish) but McGuffie's goal was a screamer and gave a bit hope before the sending off. Thought we defended much better in the second half, probably because Meggatt is ten times the centre half McKenna is and Boyle was no longer lost in midfield. Struggled to create anything though with Moore and then Forrest being isolated up front. That East Stand didn't stop making noise all game, the fat boy at the front wearing the grey jobby-catcher-suit was good entertainment too. Pity a couple in our support let us down.

Grant Holt looks a bit of a fat midden but he caused us a few problems. I didn't get a good enough view of the two incidents so I'll wait until the highlights are up.

Main focus was always gonna be staying up anyway so at least the focus is now on that, best news of the day was Dumbarton getting thumped.

3 hours ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Any periscope links working ?

[PM]

2 hours ago, Mon Dieu said:

Need a link?

2 hours ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Link would be cool ta

1 hour ago, Mon Dieu said:

On 20/02/2017 at 18:14, CupidStunt1875 said:

Been to more Hibs games than you've had spots son now move on and go give Gertrude a hanky.

I was worried that Forster would be out for a while, so it was a welcome surprise when his name appeared. Forster's return provides cover and ability to change our setup - not that Lennon will take advantage of the latter.

For me, Holt has been as talismanic for Hibs as El Alagui was. We sorely missed El Alagui's finishing when he got injured; we sorely miss Holt's presence when he doesn't play. Without Commons, Holt has been the best foil for our flamboyant finisher; Holt is our most suitable outlet for our direct style and has proven to be vital in 'big games'. He is essential for Lennon's narrow-minded style and even narrower system.

I hope Humphrey can return for the semi-final as we still seem to struggle with our recent setups - any sign of Shinnie in the side suggests that we need to 'shake things up'. Humphrey & Boyle on the wings offer a different dynamic that we have desperately needed. The potential to play two familiar centre-backs or incorporate Ambrose into a threesome should help us regain a resolute record - if not, the latter should be recorded anyway so I can assess their tackles.

Despite my lingering concerns, we were quite comfortable - albeit against a ten-man team without the total Faride upfront. I miss our never present Moroccan.

One thing that I won't miss is another chance to see Hibs at Hampden. I hope other Hibbies follow follow suit and fill our club club's allocation against the ***s (or whichever club).

We've got a long way to go if we want 'two in a row', but we're on our way to Hampden and have time to patch up our problems.

Decent performance. Good goal from McGinn, thought he was worthy of MotM instead of Shinnie. Don't know if it was penalty from where I was sitting I'd need to see a replay, same for the red card. Efe had a solid home debut. Cracking goal from Ayr as well.

Bring on the Rangers.

Here we gooo 2 in a row.

56 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

15 minutes of a cup game remaining, even though down to 10, there's a goal in the game and we bring 2 defensive players on. Another joke from McCall. 2 young attacking forwards no doubt itching to get on, but left to sit there all game. He's so fucking frustrating and it's really starting to grind on me.

Agree someone more attacking should have came on for McGuffie but he really didn't have much option other than bringing Rose on when Docherty got injured. 

27 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

The challenge when he just stood in front of him and watched him drop? 

No idea if he made contact, from 44 in the east it looked like he had his hands up and just ran right into him :lol: 

32 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Grow up

u ok ***?

Marciano never had much to do, thought Sir David was solid, Efe was cool as f**k shalalalalaala Efe Ambrose, Forster was a bit shaky but grew into the game, Stevenson played well, Shinnie was actually good, don't think he was motm though, Bartley was outstanding for me, looked comfortable on the ball, McGinn looked back to his best, Boyle was frustrating but done well, holt was excellent; he's really bringing Cummings onto a game IMO. Cummings played well too.

no poor performances, played at a great tempo. More of the same from now till the end of the season please.

Archived