Scottish Cup Holders 2016 v Scottish Cup Winners 2017

itzdrk

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I genuinely thought you were a Hibs fan. My bad.

For Ayr its about 25 years.

All this time I've thought you were a Hibee, I thought your name was a play on Jimmy Boco.

5 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I genuinely thought you were a Hibs fan. My bad.

For Ayr its about 25 years.

All this time I've thought you were a Hibee, I thought your name was a play on Jimmy Boco.

Why on earth would you think i'm a hibsceltic fan? I've been called worse right enough.

I have no idea. I'm on the app so can't see team names and I made the Jimmy Boco connection. Only ever really noticed you posting in the Premier League thread in Misc Football.

Ah well you live and learn. My original post was a dig at Hibs in any case but I'll take more care around you in future now I know how precious you are.

Not going to take another trip to Hampden for granted but really just wanted to see a good performance today and definitely got that. A screamer against the run of play and some sloppy finishing stopped it from being the pumping that these diddies deserved.

Liked the look of Ambrose, had the cigar out all game. I rate our four main CBs as defenders at this level but three of them can't pass the ball out to save themselves and it does us no favours in this division. Think he'll add something in the final round of games.

7 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Must be disappointing to have spent so many years in the dross leagues that you are so familiar with the tactics of dross teams.

Must be disappointing to support some utterly irrelevant shite like Kilmarnock :lol: 

No complaints about the red card. 2 down after 15 mins, get back into game with an absolute belter of a goal then shoot ourselves in the foot by making a tackle like that. Red card all day long and game over. Can we stop giving refs the chance to send off players by not making stupid tackles please? Our reputation is such that refs are just waiting for the opportunity.
Still not convinced it was a penalty though. Both seemed to get there at same time. Both made contact with ball. Hibs player fell over. Would have been screaming for it at the other end though.

Took this in with my Hibs supporting pal and quite enjoyed it. Decent crowd from both Hibs and Ayr and quite enjoyed the smoke bomb wars that went on during the course of the game :lol:

Hibs definitely started the better and dominated the opening period whilst Ayr looked all over the place at the back. Hibs got a lot of joy playing balls in behind the Ayr wing backs and bring one of the three centre backs out of position to close things down. It probably wasn't until Ayr were two goals down that they started to look a bit more organised. Cracking opening goal from McGinn, lovely curling effort that was in as soon as he hit it. Had a great view from the Famous Five stand. Clear penalty for the second dispatched easily by Cummings. 

Absolute thunderb*****d from McGuffie to bring United back into the game but after the goal I didn't feel they really created much and the sending off not long after killed their chances of getting anything out of the game. Bit of a shame to see the United guy go as McGinn was just that wee bit faster to the ball than him and whilst there was no intent to wipe out McGinn that's exactly what he did so it left the referee with no choice.

Second half Hibs had a lot of the ball but they seemed to struggle to really put together some good attacking moves. They did at times but Ayr defended really well and Hibs didn't look that great despite having an extra man. Weird moment when Cummings received the ball and, for seemingly no reason whatsoever, blootered the ball into the stand which led to a chorus of boos from some parts of Easter Road and a bunch of his team mates looking really confused. Good cross from Gray and header from Keatings to wrap up the points.

Deserved win for Hibs but I was surprised at how they struggled to dominate the game in the second half given the numerical advantage and their plethora of attacking talent. Ayr got better as the game went on after an initial shaky start and it would have been interesting to see how the game might have gone with 11 men on the pitch for each side.

#ShinniestaWatch - for the first goal he made a good run but was wiped out by the referee. He played an important role in the second by standing on the other side of the pitch being a total babe and for the third I'm sure he was somewhere. Somehow he get MotM which I assume is more for his eyes than his performance. Don't think he really suits being deployed as a left midfielder.

Decent performance yesterday from us. First 25 mins we played with real pace and purpose but faded for the remainder of the half. The tie was effectively over after the red card which I thought was a shocker, looked to me like it was intended. Great technique from McGuffie for the goal, utter peach.

We didn't play with enough width yet again, when we got boyle on the ball in wide areas he caused problems, really could do with Humphrey fit and confident asap. Keatings made a difference when he came on with his pace and movement, his position is definitely up top rather than the tip of a diamond.

Agree with Stubbs re Ambrose, he uses the ball quite well and carries it forward quickly, he could make a difference in games where we have a lot of possession. There was a few moments though when he went haring into challenges and got caught out and one instance when he gave the ball away in a dangerous area. Against better teams I think we could get punished from one of his mistakes. 

McGinn was excellent yesterday, when Bartley starts alongside him he sits and offers protection allowing McGinn to roam and play with some freedom. I think that partnership brings out the best in both players. I'm actually a big fan of Fyvie but would bench him for the time being.

Couldn't believe McCall had put McKenna in. Absolutely mental to put the clumsy big oaf in, is that two penalties and a red card or more he has chucked? He should have been red carded 3 or 4 times for that, even Jamie Adams would be disappointed to make that foul. Thought the Meggatt penalty was spot on as well. 

Was a really good goal from VL McGinn but Craig McGuffie's was a wee bit better, huge goal at the time too as we were offering nothing to the game at all.  

3rd time lucky i guess, go win 2 in a row lads. 

Couldn't believe McCall had put McKenna in. Absolutely mental to put the clumsy big oaf in, is that two penalties and a red card or more he has chucked? He should have been red carded 3 or 4 times for that, even Jamie Adams would be disappointed to make that foul. Thought the Meggatt penalty was spot on as well. 
Was a really good goal from VL McGinn but Craig McGuffie's was a wee bit better, huge goal at the time too as we were offering nothing to the game at all.  
3rd time lucky i guess, go win 2 in a row lads. 

The only good thing about the sending off yesterday is that it won't weaken us in terms of suspension (wait, does it even count for the league?)

We've missed wee doc and it's good to have him back. The radio yesterday suggested meggat had a shocking first half but was immense in the second. Do we know our best defence? We could do with that settled.

Hopefully mcguffie gets some confidence and really turns up in the next month or two. Cups have been fun but now it's absolutely down to business.

The only good thing about the sending off yesterday is that it won't weaken us in terms of suspension (wait, does it even count for the league?)

We've missed wee doc and it's good to have him back. The radio yesterday suggested meggat had a shocking first half but was immense in the second. Do we know our best defence? We could do with that settled.

Hopefully mcguffie gets some confidence and really turns up in the next month or two. Cups have been fun but now it's absolutely down to business.

Meggatt is far better at centre half, did he not play the first half at left back?

Our best back four by a country mile is Meggatt and Balatoni in the centre. Just hope Docherty's injury isn't too bad!

Meggatt is far better at centre half, did he not play the first half at left back?

Our best back four by a country mile is Meggatt and Balatoni in the centre. Just hope Docherty's injury isn't too bad!

So 4-4-2 or a kind of 4-4-1-1 with someone just off a main striker?

Archived