Email etiquette at work.

TheScarf

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think Calibri is the default in Outlook.

Speaking of Outlook, I have a question. Next to your contact name it has your initials in a big coloured circle. My circle is pink and it looks ridiculous. Is it possible to change this?

Exclusive CCTV grab of Miguel Sanchez arriving at work.

AukkuC3CQAAlODC.jpg

Double spacing after a full stop. I don't care if you are 50 and that's what you were taught. Times change. Guy I work with does it and even the sound of him hitting the space bar twice has me seething. 

The same dickheads that put a space before a question/exclamation mark.

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

really???? would love to know! he posted a few things that weren't accurate so i had my doubts.

As I remember it he gave me his name and Police Station. When I googled it the results weren't entirely flattering, although he was exonerated of any malfeasance. It's unlikely he would have appropriated that identity. There must be loads of daft cops about.

11 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

The real question here is what's the sign-off of choice? I usually go for a 'kind regards', but I've been known to jazz things up with a 'many thanks' on occasion.

Regards for me.

No idea what Kind Regards means TBH.

"Were" being the important word here. 

Aye, but letters didn't disappear because people got annoyed by writing civil niceties like "kind regards" or "many thanks". They were simply superseded by new technology.
That doesn't mean that manners evaporated overnight.

I can't understand why people who type all day every day put an initial at the bottom of their email, instead of their first name. It takes approximately 0.2 seconds longer to write 'David' and no-one calls you 'D' you D-head. 

I am occassionaly in my office as its based down south and just go in for qtr reviews sales service meeting ect

The emails I hate to get when they are sent to all staff are stuff like

who has ate my sandwich from the fridge

Who has the keys for some pool car

there is a fire alarm test today at 3p/m  blah blah

complaints about housekeeping in the canteen

I DONT FUCKING CARE TO ALL OF THE ABOVE ......

Archived