The Unbeatable ICT v Lincoln Red Imps Bitches

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Correct we did. Tough at time but not missing it mate.

Aye, must be great slugging it out with Morton for a Play-Off spot. Sounds grand.

Intrigued why everyone claims the league isnt competitive this year, outwith Celtic no position has been decided, and any team is within six points of the team two places above them.

15 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

ICT would be better with Ryan Stevenson in goal haha.

There goalie is total pish.

Yet he had the game of his life up there in September to help ICT get a point against us, the only team in the league to do so thus far, bizarre doesnt come close.

Yet he had the game of his life up there in September to help ICT get a point against us, the only team in the league to do so thus far, bizarre doesnt come close.

Hes no confidence. It's gone. Losing too many silly goals now and most are through him.

57 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Confidence looks like an all time low in that ICT squad.
Need to turn it around quick and get some points from your remaining home games!

Ah so that's the reason is it?

Thanks for the sage advice Sherlock.

Confidence looks like an all time low in that ICT squad.
Need to turn it around quick and get some points from your remaining home games!

They just got a draw at tynecastle and a win against sevco so hardly gonna be at an all time low. They just got off Celtic what most teams get. They'll dust themselves off and start again I'd imagine.

They just got a draw at tynecastle and a win against sevco so hardly gonna be at an all time low. They just got off Celtic what most teams get. They'll dust themselves off and start again I'd imagine.

Just speculating on last nights game, and the roasting Foran gave his squad.

Nobody wanted the ball (especially Fon Williams).

Foran also alluded to the fact that he felt the game was lost before a ball was kicked.

Caley have been better in spells this season, in both Hearts and Sevco games Caley scored first, had something to build on and got something out each game. Confidence, who knows?

23 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Foran having another Head's Gone in his interview.

I'm all for managers telling it like it is, but that's a few times he's said similar in public. Once to get a reaction from his players, fair enough, but you've got to wonder what effect it'll have in the long run. Risky.

I don't think this is a heads gone at all, very angry yes but far from lost it, he shows he cares and has passion for the job. He's new as a manager and maybe probably still thinking as a captain, he doesn't hold back, you should know this if you've heard him on the pitch you should see this is what he's like when angry and the criticism is absolutely correct though, we are weak/powderpuff and so very unCaley Thistle like. I think he doesn't know what's left to do with this group of players and if the players do everything right in training, work hard and try out a few new things, but when it comes to the match it all goes out the window. He has a squad of players that just doesn't work.... simples.

One of the disadvantages of being promoted from the ranks is that you are going to have to upset your mates to get the job done. Richie doesn't seem to be one that worries about that, he is ruthless but is frustrated at the lack of options in the squad. His players are letting him down and this is not just new signings but the experience heads that should be leading by example. Risky ? I don't think it matters we are already bottom of the league so the team isn't good enough, change is going to happen at some point soon anyway.

This is contract time for quite a few players right now and I think he has serious doubts about wanting to keep any of the players who's contracts are up in the summer and maybe a few others. If we go down he's out along with most of the players, if we stay up he might stay and again most of the players will be gone, not just the out of contract players but the ones who have let the club down consistently throughout the season to make room for new faces. It reminds me of season 2011/12 where we finished 10th after a very poor season with injuries and experience players underperforming, our manager back then had to make sweeping changes in the summer and this included releasing long serving loyal players who had been successful previously but were now past their best, it was unpopular with many of the supporters at the time but Terry Butcher was correct in the long run. I see something similar on the way for the remaining legends who took us to the top 6 three seasons in a row and won us the Scottish Cup. Time to move on for some me thinks.

Archived