Heart of Midlothian (Edinburgh) vs Ross County (Dingwall)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still in moderate disbelief that we actually managed to pick up three points at Tynecastle.

Was all for him getting it but Cathro has sounded like a dafty in every one of his interviews since he got the job IMO.

Nothing to do with his age or his ability to shout at folk or whatever, he just comes across as an unlikeable guy.

A smug robotic guy. Like he was reading from a script in his head last night repeating the same nonsense over and over.

Was all for him getting it but Cathro has sounded like a dafty in every one of his interviews since he got the job IMO.

Nothing to do with his age or his ability to shout at folk or whatever, he just comes across as an unlikeable guy.

A smug robotic guy. Like he was reading from a script in his head last night repeating the same nonsense over and over.

Its probably a complete façade. He's worked for years to get a job like this considering his starting point and he most likely he's shitting it as it crumbles in front of him.
I have hope yet but as much in hope than good judgement.

Its probably a complete façade. He's worked for years to get a job like this considering his starting point and he most likely he's shitting it as it crumbles in front of him.
I have hope yet but as much in hope than good judgement.

If he just spoke from the heart I think people would take to him more. Hate having a manager who gives the same old lines after every game, love Dick Campbell always an interesting listen after games and never ever cliched pish. Calls it like a fan would with some added insight. No beating around thd bush.

If he just spoke from the heart I think people would take to him more. Hate having a manager who gives the same old lines after every game, love Dick Campbell always an interesting listen after games and never ever cliched pish. Calls it like a fan would with some added insight. No beating around thd bush.

Ultimately it matters fck all what he sounds like. Wouldn't care if he had tourettes as long as he turns out a decent coach.
I'm for giving him until end of the season and see how it's going.
If he fails then I'd think Craig is also in trouble.

Briefly spoke to Dick when he was Ross County manager on two occasions- always seemed like a honest enough guy.

Pity he didn't have enough style and panache for County.

I once interviewed Dick post match after a rather controversial game where his side had been denied a goal that was a mile over the line.  I think the interview lasted about ten minutes but there was only about one minute that was usable.  Some character.  

He's a likeable guy I know for a fact players love him. Met him a few times.

Heard a story at the weekend about him when he was manager of Partick (could be wrong) at Morton, getting beat 1-0 at HT, players looked down so he asked for some song requests, somebody said Lady In Red so he sung that full pelt at HT in the changing rooms and had the guys all greeting with laughter, just to get them up for it. Ridiculous.

Also not scared to as a player said the other week 'take the paint aff the wahs' when required, done that when we were 1 down to Berwick at HT a few weeks ago and we won the game 4-1.

Really hope it works out for Cathro and maybe if he finds his feet and gets some good results he can maybe express himself as a person more. Feel like it's a pretty big thing though man management and being likeable, it's nothing to do with age either. Feel thats a part of the reason pundits are being very critical, performances obviously the main factor though!!!!

Tbh, I took one look at the team and thought we were in for a scrappy 2-0 defeat. Not an outstanding football performance (although there were three or four nice passages of play) but the type of "grind out a result" performance we've been needing to see since the start of 2017.

I don't particularly rate McEveley, Chow, or Woods but all three had decent games. Fraser needs more games at CB, and Naismith looks like a good signing (a few "championship level" moments but there's a good player in there). Davies is such a colossus at the back, we've seen him have that type of game so many times - winning everything. The front three worked hard.

Can't get too excited just yet, it's only one game against a Hearts team that are still trying to find their feet, but hopefully County build on last night's performance going into the next two games.

P.S., I'm sure the winning goal was tremendous but I missed it because I was getting a bovril 

7 hours ago, Headshrinker said:

iAnother shan performance from Hearts not surprised really, half the players looking like they don't want to be here. 

Djoum and Tziolis think they're too good for the league and just don't turn up. 

Sowah and Struna are cat pish. 

Johnsen is humpty. 

Just send Choulay back to Stoke. 

And I can't see Hamilton improving. 

Martin and Currie the only half decent players last night and they were both subbed on. 

Djoum, apart from the move from which he hit the bar in the first half, wasn't in it.

Tziolis is a very good footballer, but his mistake for County's goal was a shocker.

I think Johnsen is decent, but he had poor service, and no support last night - made a c**t of himself missing that chance, mind.  Neither Johnsen nor Goncalves should play as a lone striker.

Thought Choulay was ok last night, but I wanted him and Sam to swap wings - for months, we'd been saying we were after a left winger - when we finally get one in, we play him on the right. :lol:

Currie looks decent,and Martin was good when he came on last night.

We're not playing together as a coherent unit, obviously.

Got round to watching the 2min highlights and when the cross comes in, it hits sowah(?) on the back changing the path but Tziolis should still be doing better.

Details work lol but on another night Johnsen (lol) bursts the net with that chance.

Tough run coming up, not ideal for Hamilton (or Noring for that matter) but he definitely needs a couple games out

To try and get a wee bit confidence again.

11 hours ago, yoda said:

Davies is such a colossus at the back, we've seen him have that type of game so many times - winning everything.

I could be wrong on this but I think the Hearts game was the first time County started a game with Davies in the middle of a back three.  He's usually played it with Quinn in the centre.

Davies in the middle of a three could work in the medium term, with Fraser and McEveley on either side.  County are missing a natural left wing back (Gardyne job-sharing with Kenny is a short term compromise) and have way too many wingers in the squad left redundant, but if Schalk can keep that form up then the system could work further.

The problem is that, on a general level, it is best suited against a 4-4-2 and there aren't many teams playing that, while it can be easily countered by a 4-3-3 with mobile forwards on the flanks (see Dundee on the opening day of the season).  It's a good option to have I think, but because the defence doesn't have an Adam Barton type that can play in the centre of defence or midfield then there isn't a seamless transition to the usual Plan A without a sub or two being used.

Archived