Tommy Gemmell

Rip Tommy. True scottish football legend. Against Racing club in neutral Uruguay he tapped  a player in the balls with that sweet left foot full force....even funnier than the incident against Germany.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, the 67 said:

Rip Tommy. True scottish football legend. Against Racing club in neutral Uruguay he tapped  a player in the balls with that sweet left foot full force....even funnier than the incident against Germany.

Just watched this on Youtube "I PUT HIS FAMILY JEWELS UP HIS BACK FOR A HUMP" Classic.  RIP a true legend.

5 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

sad news, remember watching his goal against Milan as a wee boy and of course his time at the Dees.  Used to see him drinking in The Bothy by the old College of Technology.

Tommy of course had a magnificent red card against West Germany after a hacking challenge by Helmut Haller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-xNR9bZuEU&safe=active

(anyone able to embed the youtube link properly?)

10 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

My two abiding memories of big Tam was rushing home from school to watch that game on the telly , some goal .

The other being when he was player/manager at Dundee and Queens put 6 past them at Palmy in a cup game ( WGS made his senior debut that day I believe )

Big Tam took some ribbing.

RIP

Strachan was an established first team player by then - in fact I think he'd captained the side.  My Dundee fan of a dad was not a fan of Gemmell as a manager.

I hadn't realised until tonight that he'd scored in the European Cup final Celtic lost, as well as the earlier one.  Gemmell that is, not my dad.

Sad news.

Heard he had been ill for a while just the other day.

RIP Tommy. Obviously a true legend and a giant of the Scottish game.

One of life's good guys too, I have been told a few times. He'll certainly live forever in Scottish fitba' history.

9 hours ago, the 67 said:

Against Racing club in neutral Uruguay he tapped a player in the balls with that sweet left foot full force....even funnier than the incident against Germany.

Tommy was right-footed.

Helmut Haller can confirm this.

In uruguay he kicked the player in the balls with his left foot...watch the video on youtube.Which is why I said he did it with his sweet left foot.....its on video for all to see.

34 minutes ago, NewHope said:

Tommy was right-footed.

Helmut Haller can confirm this.

Other than that not really interested in whit point yer trying to make....most people know tommy was actually right footed I dont think its a national secret.....and certainly not worth trolling or looking for an argument on this particular thread.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Strachan was an established first team player by then - in fact I think he'd captained the side.  My Dundee fan of a dad was not a fan of Gemmell as a manager.

I hadn't realised until tonight that he'd scored in the European Cup final Celtic lost, as well as the earlier one.  Gemmell that is, not my dad.

Sad news.

Neither did I, and  I watched both of them live! 1967 sticks out in my mind, I was dancing round our neighbour's living room when that thunderbolt went in.

12 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sad news.

You are correct. It was his last game for Dundee.

( Courtesy of Google! I would never claim that my memory is so good )

10 hours ago, the 67 said:

In uruguay he kicked the player in the balls with his left foot...watch the video on youtube.Which is why I said he did it with his sweet left foot.....its on video for all to see.

Other than that not really interested in whit point yer trying to make....most people know tommy was actually right footed I dont think its a national secret.....and certainly not worth trolling or looking for an argument on this particular thread.:rolleyes:

You actually think what I posted had something to do with religion don't you?

Wow.

Typical Arse-Cheek moron.

15 hours ago, Elbhoy said:

We don't care what the animals say, what the hell do we care.

Whatever was said the thread has been removed but I'm of the opinion that if some *** has said something offensive on one of their boards about Tommy Gemmell it is idiotic to share it with a wider audience.

Archived