Dumbarton -v- Raith

It's about the only excuse you can make for a truly mental substitution. Although to be fair, the game was done anyway. I think Hughes' use of three players he hasn't even considered putting on so far as his subs was as a reaction to that.

That's the feeling I had. Fulfilling a 'everyone will get a fresh start to under me' promise, giving boys game time. Fair to say nobody really made the most of it.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For two months earlier this season, I actually forgot about the existence of Scott Roberts. He wasn't playing and wasn't in the squad. He's got a right cheek to have a go at Osei considering the difference in game time and the fact he puts in zero effort.

A lot of players get stick, some deserved and some unjustified. There will always be subjective views, with a good example being Craigen last season. But Roberts is a wingers version of Ross Perry. Him and Skacel have had polar careers, but neither are what we need.

Probably a question thats already been answered but what are you wearing your away strip at home?

What a player robert thomson looks now, just a shame hes signed a pre contract with morton.

I would assume it's something to do with the contract we have with the manufacturer/sponsor. We probably need to wear it a certain number of times throughout the season and we're probably running out of games. I may be wrong though and SO8 will give you the proper reason.

I would assume it's something to do with the contract we have with the manufacturer/sponsor. We probably need to wear it a certain number of times throughout the season and we're probably running out of games. I may be wrong though and SO8 will give you the proper reason.

Surely not? The sponsor is the same on both kits so I can't see there being an issue there but I'm not entirely sure.

I just assumed it was because Rovers had only turned up with their home kit or something. The white sleeves and shorts would've clashed with ours.

On another note, what's the deal with the Rovers tops? Half of them had the sponsor missing/barely visible.

56 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I'd be hugely surprised if that was the reason. As BBPF says we have the same sponsors (front and back) on both so that wouldn't add up.

I'd assume the ref saw a clash between the navy Raith top and the white Sons top that we didn't, and asked then to switch. Iirc they wore their red kit against us in November.

15056427_1408165269212067_16610711784252

I'd be hugely surprised if that was the reason. As BBPF says we have the same sponsors (front and back) on both so that wouldn't add up.

I'd assume the ref saw a clash between the navy Raith top and the white Sons top that we didn't, and asked then to switch. Iirc they wore their red kit against us in November.
15056427_1408165269212067_1661071178425264136_n.jpg?oh=7d7c651dbfbc4b3e800485922d39d9ef&oe=5964E737

As I said I may be wrong. I'm sure I read somewhere that away tops must be worn a certain number of times a year to satisfy manufacturers (probably to sell more)
Now you have pointed it out it's probably due to clashing of white shorts and he wasn't happy with raiths away kit..........

As you were [emoji85]

Archived