Dumbarton -v- Raith

The atmosphere really began to turn when Hughes trolled us all with that change.

There was a 20 minute spell before half time when we had alot of the ball and actually kept it on the deck. Hardie had a one on one saved and M Voto forced a good save and at that point we looked like equalising. After that we just completely folded.

Not sure I quite understand the logic behind Hughes saying the players are fragile, before then essentially calling them shitebags and shit footballers.

We have a large squad, full of shit players, with no confidence, no fight, little quality, and a manager who let's opposition fans vote to make our substitutions.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're unbelievably pish.

We have zero composure. We had umpteen chances and only really threatened the Dumbarton goal once (good save)

Defending is abysmal.

Our big goalie can't kick a stationary football very far.

Scott Roberts is a wee cretin who missed several chances and then had a pop at Osei for not passing.

Our only hope is that Ayr and st mirren continue to be just as shite.

14 hours ago, The Moonster said:

When Nade was subbed the two of them gave quite a heartfelt hand shake, you could tell they both enjoyed the battle. I think even when Nade doesn't play well he gives us an out ball and a presence that no one else can. I understand why he can't be dropped and to be honest, today we saw why Stevie hasn't dropped Thommo. He's also an out ball, but he unquestionably gives us a unique option out wide and if he can bang another 5 or 6 in before the seasons out then he'll be fully deserving of his deal at Morton. 

We have great competition in this tiny wee squad and it seems to be keeping our players with the most quality on their toes (minus last weeks collapse). Pleasing.

#brosnotfoes

I can see why Tommo got mom with 2 goals and 2 assists but I thought Stanton had a belter. Way he glided by raith players on numerous occasions in those conditions added to overall work rate was great.

mention too for Tom Lang. Am I right this would be his first start in a competitive game . Someone clearly advised him to play a CB role and keep it simple.think in past games h has been too keen to impress.yesterday he did.

harvie took a knock at end of first half and doubts whether he would come out for second half. He did and is turning into a very promising footballer 

Yeah, that's not Declan McManus. It's Scott Roberts - although it appears he's a horrible wee p***k instead. Yaw Osei is the player he's berating, playing his first ever minutes of a Championship game. I could perhaps accept his reaction a bit easier if he was an absolutely fucking tragic footballer.

Juniors for you soon, Roberts.

They both play for Raith I was close... [emoji23]

Barr straight through and blasts it off a player with the goal opening up. Callachan with his usual hopeful, weak 25 yarder, then with a better chance in the box, which he hit straight at their 'keeper. Few other chances, so we are making chances, just aren't taking them.

Skacel showing his dirty side again. Roberts proving again that he is hopeless and Osei not looking like offering much either.

Confidence looks low. First two Dumbarton goals were good finishes, although Thomson's marking of his namesake at the first was poor.

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don't condone screaming at the players at a game, it's always, 100% of the time, counter productive; that's what forums like this are for. Our fans can be a right bad bunch at times, especially when things aren't going well.

Players read forums like this. And in doing so, see numerous posts calling them or the management team p***ks, c***s, jambo b*****ds etc. I don't set that as any more acceptable than people losing their shit seeing their team getting hammered 4-0. The fans were with the team until 3-0,after which the players chucked it (as did Hughes)

Neither instance is really acceptable, but given some of the stuff on here (particularly around the time Locke went) I don't think anyone here can take the moral high ground.

Fair play to Dumbarton. Second time this season they've utterly tanked us and fully deserve to be back ahead of us. 

I only tuned into the game in passing due to other commitments. Was very surprised to see us 2-0 down when I first checked the score. But then it looks like another afternoon where nobody on a Rovers side of things comes out positively. I genuinely hoped we'd turned a corner against St Mirren and that we could kick on with Hughes. Indeed, with Hughes I hoped he'd get a lot more from the squad. But we've got more than a few players who don't merit their place at the moment. In his post match interview, he did mention getting players who'll fight for that extra bit , but there seems to be too many passengers.

Also, what's happened to McHattie. Bene at left back again and we've very little shape for our back line.

Our next 6 games at utterly hellish. We really could've done with something from this. 

Best of luck to Dumbarton for the rest of the season. Cracking club, and a nice wee ground. I'd far rather we both stay up, and Ayr and Saints can gtf. 

Any player with an ounce of sense should stay well clear of forums when their team is struggling.

On the off chance that any of the Rovers squad can (a) read and are (b) reading this, you are a bunch of talentless, spineless losers.

I feel better already.

Players read forums like this. And in doing so, see numerous posts calling them or the management team p***ks, c***s, jambo b*****ds etc. I don't set that as any more acceptable than people losing their shit seeing their team getting hammered 4-0. The fans were with the team until 3-0,after which the players chucked it (as did Hughes)
Neither instance is really acceptable, but given some of the stuff on here (particularly around the time Locke went) I don't think anyone here can take the moral high ground.

The players have got a choice to read this forum. They have no choice but to hear the abuse directed towards them at a game.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If I knew there was a website where people were talking about how terrible I am at my job, there's not a chance in hell I'd be regularly checking in. 

In normal jobs that's reserved for passive aggressive Facebook posts.

6 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The atmosphere in the away end was poisonous actually, although I completely understand why, as we were atrocious. I did feel for Benedictus though, coming over to sign a child's programme and he's got 6 adults screaming in his coupon

That was my wee boy, wanted his hero's (Bene) autograph, and to be fair Bene he did think twice before coming over.

Fucking balloons roaring in his face, and 'fans' calling him a disgrace for signing the programme, which is just beyond comprehension.

Some supporters need something else in their life if the Rovers being shite bring out such anger, because it's been happening for the last 40ish years I've been going.

8 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

That was my wee boy, wanted his hero's (Bene) autograph, and to be fair Bene he did think twice before coming over.

Fucking balloons roaring in his face, and 'fans' calling him a disgrace for signing the programme, which is just beyond comprehension.

Some supporters need something else in their life if the Rovers being shite bring out such anger, because it's been happening for the last 40ish years I've been going.

Absolute bangers. They'd be better off staying in the house, for everyone's sake.

I like a moan but that's ridiculous behaviour. Particularly aimed one of the few players who has at least gotten through this season with some credit still in the bank.

13 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

I didn't get into football until I was about 9 or 10. My own family aren't into the football much, so I went with my mate and his Dad and I got Craig Dargo's autograph and I was buzzing about that. It made going back to Rovers a lot easier in the future, and is always something I looked fondly on. 

Fucking simpletons like this are a joke. No consideration for the fact it's the next generations of fans. But still, at least they got to scream abuse in the face of a player who generally hasn't let us down aside from a couple of silly red cards. Playing out of position too. 

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If I knew there was a website where people were talking about how terrible I am at my job, there's not a chance in hell I'd be regularly checking in. 

Rest assured you would, managers,BOD's and players will all have an idea what's being said about them and their teams on places like this, I can tell by McCall' comments in the local press and in post match interviews that he definitely has a firm grasp of what's being posted.

As far as I'm concerned, they should all take a keen interest in what's being said as they tend to be stuck in a wee like-minded bubble of nodding heads having fairly similar aims and goals.

Just a wee post about players being heroes. My wee boy likes going to the tunnel to high five the players on the way out which they regularly do at Dumbarton. Yesterday Garry Fleming handed him a signed training top, ok it's a large and he's never gonna wear it anytime soon but fair play to Garry. If players are interacting with kid supporters the adults should hold back in being aggressive to the players at that moment. What are we teaching the kids ? Alan Martin is his favourite and yesterday he autographed his programme. Memories to last a lifetime. Well played Bene in going over. That kid will be a supporter long after the adults that abused his hero because of his kindness. 

15 hours ago, liam_barnett said:

It's taken me all this time to dare have a look at yesterday's match. I keep harping on about the lack of creativity in the team's midfield and yet just after Dumbarton scored their first goal there was a perfect example of the way the game should be played. At 1 minute 50 seconds in Craig Barr found himself in space in midfield and he put a lovely ball through to Hardie on the deck. The chance was missed but at least it was created. 

After the match Hughes was heard to bemoan the lack of nothing happening up front but it's there in the team for everyone to see.  Play Barr in midfield, get Bene back to centre half and if need be play Davidson and Thomson at full back if McHattie's not fit.

Archived