Dumbarton -v- Raith

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand why Thomo was given MOTM today, but for me Stanton ran the show, he was immense over the 90. A mention also for Lang, who looked composed and strong today with me fearing he would be rash and scatty.

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I'd keep Cuthbert, Davo, Benedictus, Bobby Barr, Callachan, Matthews and Stewart. That's about it. I wouldn't keep a single player from our subs bench today and only 3 from the starting XI.

If BeckenBarr could guarantee he'd be fit for a whole season he would maybe be considered.

Callachan is really poor cant pass shoot tackle not to mention  he takes an age to make a decision and bobby barr a real let down

5 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

What like was the new keeper Today?

He couldn't kick for shit but the pitch may have been a factor there. Thought he threw himself to the ground at the 4th goal for no reason as well but he wasn't to blame for anything.

Just now, sonsism said:

46Xlw65.jpg

Temendous. Absolutely tremendous.

6 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

What like was the new keeper Today?

Looked very nervy, especially dealing with high balls and taking goal kicks. Should've done better with the third goal, but didn't make any major mistakes.

You wouldn't keep M'voto? He's easily one of the best cbs in this league. He's just playing around absolute shite.

Who was the guy defending drysdale on here? (may have been fb) the guys taking 30k+ a year from the club and allowing shite like this to happen. He may well be a rovers man but his head seems to be up his own arse! Left it too late to sack locke and save our season, makes simple mistakes about signing a gk(when he's involved with the sfa ffs) guys a joke.

Hughes was pretty spot on saying jack Ross had the chance of a clear out and to sign a few of his own players. that's exactly what we needed. Not giving locke the whole of January to sign players then sack him.

No, I wouldn't keep M'Voto. Think he'll be off anyway if we go down. Once Lewis Toshney gets dumped by United I'd be in for him. Rescue him from his right back nightmares and put him back in central defence with Benedictus. That's probably wishful thinking because, again, we'll have trouble convincing him Rovers in League 1 is a decent gig.

Great performance and deserved three points.

Raith had so much of the ball but looked totally devoid of any creativity or change in plan. The lad Johnson looked good when he was on and Mvoto was decent too. But raith didnt even try the old cb up front trick. Coached yourselves into 60%ball possesion and a 4-0 dicking.

Robbie T showing his talent all ovee the shop today; garry flembotting his way by some diddies for the 4th and stanton was excellent. He's changed my opinion of him.

Get Hibs out the road then plough through ayr.

Did you not rate Stanton before today?

He's been one of our best players this season IMO.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

No, I wouldn't keep M'Voto. Think he'll be off anyway if we go down. Once Lewis Toshney gets dumped by United I'd be in for him. Rescue him from his right back nightmares and put him back in central defence with Benedictus. That's probably wishful thinking because, again, we'll have trouble convincing him Rovers in League 1 is a decent gig.

No thanks to Toshney. Did you see him last night!? 

Sack everyone. Start again. 

4-0 final score, embarrassing to say the least. We'll be looking for a new manager in May, Hughes won't stay with this lot.

To be honest Hughes has shown nothing to suggest he would be worth keeping. We've been no better at all since he came.

26 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

85cf0c5e65445d7fe266b951b81638d9.jpg

Some fans are blaming Hughes already!!

The guy's in the door 5 minutes and some conveniently forget that the real reason for this car crash of a season is Locke.

.Locke took over a decent squad of players and within weeks had reduced them to a shadow of what they were  with McKinnon.

Locke should be ashamed of what he's done at Raith.

I doubt he will though!

Before christmas Stanton hadnt impressed me much. Thats all.

Of course, since then is a different matter. Perhaps vaughan signing has made him up his levels.

Agree with this.

Him and Stirling are the two who have massively improved since their Xmas dinner.

That was a very enjoyable game of football. Nothing silky or pretty but very effective.

Alan Martin's double saves in the first half were huge for us. Had Raith equalised then they could well have got a bit of confidence but the opposite seemed to happen. We seemed to become more solid and things started going in our favour. I thought Thomson deserved his man of the match and not just for his goals. His battle with Jason Thomson was a proper old fashioned battle between attacker and defender. I thought his work rate was great for us today and he won most of the battles with the Raith full back. Robert Thomson was always an effective out ball for us and our goals all came from good work out wide. The middle of the park was little more than a bog and we did well to avoid it and put the ball wide. Nade didnt have the best of games for us, but thats partly down to Mvoto who played him very well. He gave him no time or space and generally kept him quiet, although that hellish chance he blew in the first half can't have helped his confidence this afternoon.

Stanton had a good game in midfield, particularly in the 2nd half. The back 4 were solid for most of the game and Tom Lang deserves particular credit. He kept it simple, won the majority of his headers and got good distance on his clearances. He kept it simple and safe and had a very good game.

Overall a really pleasing performance on a difficult pitch and a good, battling victory that we deserved.

Alan Martin by the way.  Fantastic double save in the first half.

Night and day in comparison to last week.  Another couple of performances like that and we'll be over the line.  I really hope we can keep Stanton next season but I can see quite a few FT teams sniffing about if Hibs don't keep him on.

Archived