Dumbarton -v- Raith

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be surprised if he's one of those Facebook dafties who only appear when we lose.

Aka that Craig Couper or the likes. Utter roaster.

Iv criticised Stevie this season and did want him gone following the Scottish cup debacle. My opinion has changed since and looks as tho we are gonna stay up again and prove who the best part time team in Scotland is again! For someone to slate his team selection before a very winnable game and with the resources we had at our disposal today is laughable!

Well done to Dumbarton and no disrespect but what a complete joke we are.
Scary bear, you would keep Callachan? Davo? Stewart? Really? 
Would be three of the 1st names on my long list to get rid. Callachan is getting worse, has a good game every 10 or so, how much longer can we use the "he's still young, he's still learning" crap? Another year? Two? Davo was never my fav player but at least back in the day he offered a bit of bite and passion, these days he is slower, more negative and less aggressive. I like Stewart, if we are relegated then he could score plenty goals in League One however in this division he is a current day Graham Weir, just not good enough and far from prolific in terms of goals.
Bobby Barr and Jason Thomson have come back from injury and been shadows of player they were, no improvement and they can go too. Mvoto is handy for defending high balls and set pieces but he is no Cannavaro, bomb scare with ball at feet. C Barr is injured 3/4 of every year, McHattie and Chris Johnston have been average at best, our loan players have been crap yet Locke signed one of them!  Only players from our 1st team regulars I would be happy at retaining would be Benedictus and maybe Cuthbert

Davo and Stewart weren't playing today. Both are established and effective Championship players.

As I said, without Stewart's goals we would currently be bottom of the league.

Callachan  and stewart have to go callachan  cant pass shoot or tackle and stewart thinks a few goals a season is ok

Check the team sheet, Stewart wasn't playing today. He isn't great but neither are Raith Rovers. If Locke had just stuck with Stewart all season, instead of favouring McManus, then he may have been on 7/8 goals now and be on his way to his usual 10 goals. However, given the piss poor service our forwards have received this season, it's a wonder they have any goals.

Frankly, when we are relegated, the blame will sit with our Board for appointing lock, Locke for being a poor manager, and Locke's signings for being piss poor.

Just now, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

Picked the ball out of the net four times, how do you think he did?

I have no idea how he done as I wasn't at the game. I don't know if he was at fault for any goals. Maybe Dumbarton could have scored more if not for him or maybe he was pish? Just wondered. No need to be a c**t

1 hour ago, albundy said:

. A mention also for Lang, who looked composed and strong today with me fearing he would be rash and scatty.

Seconded. He was raw in his first few games but came of age today. He was my MoTM but it would have been a difficult decision to single out anyone as better than anyone else - played as a unit today.

On the drive through today I was all jacked up but the game went out of control and at half time I was looking for something to fall back on.

Then just minutes into the second half things went out of control, were we too far gone? it's a cliché to say we need a real man in charge because when the shit hits the fan we are broke down and busted.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

However, given the piss poor service our forwards have received this season, it's a wonder they have any goals.

Davidson and Callachan are two of the reasons the service to the forwards is so poor but they're first picks every game regardless of how poor they were in the previous game. That just can't be right.

The problem just now is that the management just don't see how bad the midfield is. For a man who talks about total football, Hughes has been a huge disappointment. Since his arrival there's been no attempt whatsoever to play the ball on the deck. There's been no attempt to get the midfield to drop back and pick up the ball and drive forward. There's been no attempt to try and thread a ball through to one of the front men.

Instead it's Davidson and his almighty thump up the park. When was the last time you saw him display any composure on the ball, take a second and pick a pass?

Then, against St Mirren, to everyone's surprise Hughes plays Johnston in midfield and there's a ray of hope that things are going to change. Fast forward to today and Johnston gets hooked in favour of Roberts.

There is no hope.

2 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Vaughan has been absolutly terrible since coming to Sons. Definitely think Raith should rip up his contact right now and leave him with us 

Cowdenbeath are ahead of you in the queue.

28 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Check the team sheet, Stewart wasn't playing today. He isn't great but neither are Raith Rovers. If Locke had just stuck with Stewart all season, instead of favouring McManus, then he may have been on 7/8 goals now and be on his way to his usual 10 goals. However, given the piss poor service our forwards have received this season, it's a wonder they have any goals.

Frankly, when we are relegated, the blame will sit with our Board for appointing lock, Locke for being a poor manager, and Locke's signings for being piss poor.

Im well aware  stewart wasn't  playing today  but he doesn't  score enough  how many guilt  edge  chances does he miss for a seasoned championship  striker his record  is piss poor.

22 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

I have no idea how he done as I wasn't at the game. I don't know if he was at fault for any goals. Maybe Dumbarton could have scored more if not for him or maybe he was pish? Just wondered. No need to be a c**t

:lol::P

Glad you called me a c**t. A c**t is a useful thing and not to be fucked about with.

As was stated by others, he was a bit nervous, flapped on occasion, particularly the fourth goal. He did make some good stops and saves, but he seemed as if he hadn't bedded into the team just yet.

Yours, 

The c**t

31 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Davo and Stewart weren't playing today. Both are established and effective Championship players.

As I said, without Stewart's goals we would currently be bottom of the league.

Davo is an ineffective Championship player in my opinion.  Have a look at the squads from every other side in division and see how many central midfielders you would have in his place here and do the same with Stewart and strikers. What is your idea of effective? The 50th best midfielder from 10 sides including 2 part time outfits? Our strikers' biggest problem this season is being starved of any real service (see Davo and Callachan as culprits amongst many others) Even if he played for a world class team Stewart wouldn't be a prolific goal scorer mind you, he just isn't a natural finisher

Davidson and Callachan are two of the reasons the service to the forwards is so poor but they're first picks every game regardless of how poor they were in the previous game. That just can't be right.
The problem just now is that the management just don't see how bad the midfield is. For a man who talks about total football, Hughes has been a huge disappointment. Since his arrival there's been no attempt whatsoever to play the ball on the deck. There's been no attempt to get the midfield to drop back and pick up the ball and drive forward. There's been no attempt to try and thread a ball through to one of the front men.
Instead it's Davidson and his almighty thump up the park. When was the last time you saw him display any composure on the ball, take a second and pick a pass?
Then, against St Mirren, to everyone's surprise Hughes plays Johnston in midfield and there's a ray of hope that things are going to change. Fast forward to today and Johnston gets hooked in favour of Roberts.
There is no hope.

How many games has Davidson played midfield?

From memory the majority of Davo's appearances have been in defence.

Johnston started getting regular appearances from the QoS game at the end of October. We've won one game since then, against the team at the bottom of the league. Johnston got hooked today when we were 3-0 down. Says it all. Mini Messi my fucking hole. The c**t is a fucking sand dancer.

Archived