Dumbarton -v- Raith

Nonsense. He is Rangers player. The point of a development loan is precisely to let someone play for the parent club 20s team and a borrowing club's first team. If Dumbarton dont want to co-operate with that they are free to not take players on Development Loan. 
A better question if Hardie is on Development loan and not being recalled for it is why not? Maybe he isnt on Development Loan but he definitely was at St Mirren and the Raith fans last week seemed to think he was on one.

On your first point, I'll disagree to an extent. I fully appreciate that it's the rules and the terms of the loan will be fully known before a club takes a player on that basis. But I'm of the same opinion as others on here, that it's a sad and embarrassing indictment of Scottish football that a diddy youth competition effectively takes precedence over a second-tier, competitive senior football match and thus affecting a number of senior clubs who have at the very least, interest in the outcome of said senior match.

On your second point, I certainly agree. As far as I know (and to be fair, I'm going on what the Rovers' fans have said) he is on a development loan, so it's very interesting that Hardie is seemingly being granted permission to play for Raith, but McCrorie isn't for us...

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah thought that. Surprising Rangers arent recalling him for it then if indeed they arent. He played in earlier rounds. Unless he has a suspension in the Youth Cup? Will check......

Edit - Nope, not suspended.

All of which suggests that there is no consistency whatsoever.  Just like Aberdeen debarring Harvie from the Scottish Cup whilst I'm sure Shankland was allowed to play for St Mirren.  But hey-ho that's what will happen when you allow the game to become like the Harlem Globetrotters, with loans and a transfer window ensuring revolving doors in dressing rooms throughout the season.

At this rate we can't be far off testimonials for three months service.  As for tomorrow, but for seven minutes this season we've survived minus young McRorie; we'll just have to do it again.  

32 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Why could he not play in both games?

Because the rules forbid it. Anyone on Development loan can play for both his parent club 20s and loan club first team provided there is at least one clear day between fixtures. Players must be given recovery time.

11 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

On your first point, I'll disagree to an extent. I fully appreciate that it's the rules and the terms of the loan will be fully known before a club takes a player on that basis. But I'm of the same opinion as others on here, that it's a sad and embarrassing indictment of Scottish football that a diddy youth competition effectively takes precedence over a second-tier, competitive senior football match and thus affecting a number of senior clubs who have at the very least, interest in the outcome of said senior match.

On your second point, I certainly agree. As far as I know (and to be fair, I'm going on what the Rovers' fans have said) he is on a development loan, so it's very interesting that Hardie is seemingly being granted permission to play for Raith, but McCrorie isn't for us...

It might be something to do with the bates deal maybe rangers agreed not to recall him could be wrong tho.

May have missed something earlier in the thread, however, you guys look to be struggling to get a team on the field.
Only 4 subs, big injury problems?
Notice we still have only 1 Goalie!!

Suspensions and intelligibility have ruled out Buchanan, Vaughan and Docherty. All of whom would be starters for us.

Archived