Heart of Midlothian v Hamilton Academical - 11th March, 2017

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Mrs Budge has invested in a rocket launcher.

Much better today - Hamilton keeper made some great  saves in the first half, but fucked up for our second, and should have saved Martin's free kick.

Tziolis is a great player, and Cowie was excellent - centre backs look solid too - only Hearts player who looked iffy was Sowah.

Glad I went to the ball game after all.

Was really happy with that. Hamilton really weren't much cop but neither were Ross County and we fucked that.  We actually fought well today and wanted it. 

Cowie was excellent and the Hamilton keeper stopped us being about 4 up at half time, though made and arse of Martin's goal (which should've been a penalty).  Not getting carried away but far more encouraging.  Best part of the day was the boy trying to header the ball back in the Gorgie stand and falling over the barriers.

Was dreading the game but glad I went in the end, thought we played really well and could have been more if it wasn't for the Hamilton goalie in the first half. 

Cowie was outstanding in the middle of the pitch and that's the first time I've been genuinely impressed with Tziolis.

Hard to gauge how good we were when Hamilton were that bad, I'll be surprised if they stay up considering other teams are managing to pick up points here and there (particularly against us!).

The trick now is to play the seam team and pressing football against Aberdeen without shiting the bed, easier said than done with this team.

Though the viking clap was quite funny too tbh, apparently our support much prefers a good clap rather than actual singing.

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Was the Goncalves offside goal actually offside? I was completely the other end of the ground and low down so couldn't see properly.

I thought it might have been off - might - just.  The rest of our lot thought the goal should have stood - a close one.

Shame, cos it was a nice move - Tziolis played Sowah in, Sowah put in a nice cross, and a nice finish from Isma.

Archived