Partick Thistle vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Hopefully the home Jags can put on a decent performance after yesterday's disappointment. If so we should keep the three points at Firhill. The first game of the season was pretty comfortable and our defence is pretty solid. Question is can we score?

Can Doolan edge closer to his 100th (competitive) goal? Will the attendance get over 3,000? These and other exciting questions to be answered in due course.

ICT had that great win over Rangers but I think they got a defeat since then? Probably getting to the stage that they need to take at least a point from this game.

Head is saying a one each draw in a scrappy affair, heart says 3-1 with a Doolan hat trick.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no way that Thistle can be as bad as yesterday again. Is Devine suspended? Might necessitate a change in formation if so, unless McCarthy is trusted in midfield from the start and Barton played at the back.

I'll say 2-0 Thistle, Doolan to get the opener and Lindsay to wrap up the points.

I believe Devine was suspended for the last game against Inverness, can anyone confirm?

He's OK for this one though, will be first SC game next year he's suspended for.

I know we're closer to 4th than 11th and touted for top 6 but as a natural pessimist, I'm still looking down especially given that every other team in the bottom 7 seems to be picking up wins vs Rangers / Hearts / Aberdeen we could need quite a high total to be safe. Assuming we get our usual narrow defeat at Celtic Park and shit the bed at Ibrox the other 4 games are ICT (H) , Killie (A), Ross C (H) and Motherwell (H), if we can get 3 wins or 2 wins and 2 draws from that I think that might be enough.

Its more injuries than suspensions that we took away from Sunday. 

Hopefully Muzzy can play, allowing Lindsay, Barton and Kewon as back 3 (assuming it was just knocks they picked up) to allow Devine and Elliot to rest their injuries. 

We have a gazillion CM's so Osman will sit behind Edwards and someone. 

Cerny

Muzzy - Keown - Barton - Lindsay - Booth

Osman- Edwards

Erskine - Doolan - Lawless

ETA, fixed my clusterfucks so leave me alone!

50 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Its more injuries than suspensions that we took away from Sunday. 

Hopefully Muzzy can play, allowing Lindsay, Barton and Kewon as back 3 (assuming it was just knocks they picked up) to allow Devine and Elliot to rest their injuries. 

We have a gazillion CM's so Osman will sit behind Edwards and someone. 

Cerny

Booth - Lindsay - Barton - Keown - Muzzy

Osman

Edwards - Someone

Lawless - Doolan - Erskine

That's an awful lot of players.

Got a feeling that we are going to get solidly bummed in this game.

I can't make it as I'm running the Inverness half marathon the next day so we'll probably end up winning somehow.

Tough one to call as Caley need the points, regardless if Accies manage to beat Hearts. Could see this being 0-0 or a narrow 1-0 win for the Jags.

I'm hoping for better than our display on Sunday anyway. 

He's injured. Should be back in next couple of weeks if all goes to plan.

He played 1 or 2 development games and I think Archie was going to have him in the squad but he's crocked.

In regards this game. I'm quite nervous. It's a home game which eases my fear slightly but ICT will be well up for this match and if we're not careful we'll be back in bottom six faster than you can say Mark McGhee.

This is the game in the season I'd love to see a 4-0 or 5-0 romp-fest but I think it's going to be a very tight 90 minutes. We didn't play well Sunday and we've got an injury or two. These are the games that separate the men from the boys. [emoji1320][emoji109]????

We want top 6 finish we have to win these home games versus the bottom feeders. [emoji6]

3-2 Jags (Doolan x 2, Booth) Calum with a screamer to win it! [emoji85]

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

Someone will get a penalty then emoji6.png

It's an absolute nap now, but even without Collum, it was probably going to happen: in our last five league games, we've won four penalties and conceded two. Ridiculously, we only scored one of those four, so if it's ICT's number that comes up on the Collum wheel of fail, then it'll probably make no difference to the scoreline anyway. 

There was a lot of misplaced (imo) confidence among ICT supporters on Twitter and CTO after the Scottish Cup game at the weekend, on the grounds that Thistle created next to nothing. This was true, but they also looked extremely hard to break down. We've looked completely devoid of ideas against well-organised teams for most of this season, and with Fon Williams in goal and our ever-revolving back line, we're always capable of chucking one or two in. Our best chance of getting an early advantage, and something to build on, might be if Thistle come out at us, as you hope they'd do at home. With Mckay and Mulraney in the team now, we have a finisher who can also create space in the box and hold the ball up effectively enough to bring others into the game, and someone with enough pace to get past most players in the division (although his final product is still wanting); these were things we missed badly earlier in the season. Even with this, though, we're still struggling badly to get results, and while a point on Saturday would obviously be better than nothing, I think we need three if we're going to stand a realistic chance of getting out of the bottom two. Can't really see it, though: I'm far too used to trudging back up Maryhill Road having witnessed either an inept defeat or an eye-gougingly awful goalless draw in this fixture.      

I've seen both our games with Partick this season and to me they are obviously a better team. We need to approach it the way we did the games against Rangers and Hearts and put pressure on them in midfield and remain solid at the back. I'd take a point.

Alternative there is no doubt this is the biggest game of season for both teams.

We eagerly want to cement our top 6 ambitions and pull away even farther to ensure complete safety & you guys desperately need the points to survive in the division and build confidence.

We were guff at weekend but having said that you're spot on that we are defending extremely well. Outside the champions I'd say we're the best in the league at it presently. That said, are home form isn't great and we have struggled to chalk up goals to win games.

Both sides have injuries and players carrying knocks. Small margins in this one I think.

I also think the anticipation of supporters will build to the weekend. If we win it only shows we are real contenders for top half as previously we weren't but pretended to be. If you win I'd hate to be Accies. They are terrible. And getting hammered by a very mediocre Rangers 6-0 isn't going to help them any.

Archived