Partick Thistle vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Routine three points. It's strikingly clear, and it's sad in a way, that there's an insurmountable gulf between Scotland's Top 6 clubs, and the rest. Like many on here, I'm old enough to remember a time when Thistle weren't one of Scotland's Top 6 clubs. Those were sad, grey times, luckily all behind us now.

6-0 (Azeez x 5, Azeez)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

There was a lot of misplaced (imo) confidence among ICT supporters on Twitter and CTO after the Scottish Cup game at the weekend, on the grounds that Thistle created next to nothing.   

Surely not :lol: I mean we created seven corners against Celtic the other week. SEVEN! We might have lost 6 - 0 but the fact we created seven corners shows we are going to be just fine.

Erm, Collum has been pretty good this and the latter part of last season. Nowhere near as red card and penalty happy, where we're concerned anyway.

He's my favourite. I want to be his best friend.

1-3 ICT. Two penalties and Booth to get sent off.

I wonder if we might make a couple of changes given we were involved in a pretty brutally physical game on Sunday and ICT had the weekend off, could see it being something similar to the Hamilton game with Azeez, Lawless, and Amoo in and Erskine and Doolan on the bench with a view to tiring their defence out a bit as well as rotating the squad.

Although if it’s like the first 45 minutes of that game I’ll turn up at half time.

33 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I wonder if we might make a couple of changes given we were involved in a pretty brutally physical game on Sunday and ICT had the weekend off, could see it being something similar to the Hamilton game with Azeez, Lawless, and Amoo in and Erskine and Doolan on the bench with a view to tiring their defence out a bit as well as rotating the squad.

Although if it’s like the first 45 minutes of that game I’ll turn up at half time.

Was just thinking similar. Dust off the first half war of attrition playbook Mr Archibald and get Azeez on the raw meat and nandrolone diet.

If we play like we did against Rangers then I am confident of getting a result, besides, our record at Firhill has to change sometime, why not this weekend, a ICT/Scotland (both breaking unwanted records) would make my weekend :).

Mulraney is going to be key in my opinion, against Rangers he had the beating of Lee Wallace nearly every time, Billy Mckay will also be important, let's hope he finds another gem like against Rangers ;).

OFW (he won't be dropped, RF praising him for playing through pain barrier)

Raven Laing McCart Mckay

Tansey Vigurs

Mulraney Polworth Cole 

Mckay.

Is our home form poor. We have only lost one and drawn one of our last 6 home games, conceding only once in the process.

It was until our last two wins, we've now gone from the worst home form in the division to top 6.

5 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Raven Laing McCart Mckay

Tansey Vigurs

Mulraney Polworth Cole 

Mckay.

Draper.jpg.fc3d1fa531d0f158e1a2c3998d0567f0.jpg

6 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

If we play like we did against Rangers then I am confident of getting a result, besides, our record at Firhill has to change sometime, why not this weekend, a ICT/Scotland (both breaking unwanted records) would make my weekend :).

Mulraney is going to be key in my opinion, against Rangers he had the beating of Lee Wallace nearly every time, Billy Mckay will also be important, let's hope he finds another gem like against Rangers ;).

Raven Laing McCart Mckay

Tansey Vigurs

Mulraney Polworth Cole 

Mckay.

Are Tremarco and Draper suspended?

Wasn't sure Caley's recent record at Firhill was that bad. Since promotion, we've won 4, drawn 1 and lost 2 including that horrible 1-4 last year.

Our home form has picked up as said above, ICT have one away win all season, which is worrying... for us.

Archived