Greenock Morton V Queens

12 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Don't see why anyone's writing Queens off just now. We might have 2 games in hand but they're both tricky matches where we can't expect a win, and we've got Falkirk away next week. Queens win this then it's very close.

Even if we win today, which does not look likely, it's still a long way from being "very close".

The games in hand may not be gimmes, but Morton are in the habit of picking up points, so these games are certainly not to be dismissed.

It would need something of a Morton collapse to open the door and there's nothing to suggest that such a thing is imminent.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say a Dundee United collapse is far more likely than a Morton bottlejob. It's going to need two mental runs of forms for both sides and from our point of view we need to pick up a run of form that I think is beyond our capabilities. 

Morton's home record is outstanding and much better teams than us have failed to win at Cappielow at so we need a huge performance just to kick off a crazy run.

7 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I'm usually glass half full but lose today and I just can't see us recovering for playoffs. 

That's hardly sticking your neck out.

If we lose today, making the promotion play-offs moves from very unlikely to inconceivable.

Guest Flash
3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Not buying this guff from the cousin-botherers about their team having nothing to play for. New(ish) manager will still be figuring out who's getting papped and who's getting a new contract and, generally, if a team like ourselves, Queens or Dunfermline are ditching a player they're not very likely to get another full time contract and there's no greater motivation for a Scottish journeyman footballer than an extra year's wage before they need to ask their brother-in-law to get them at admin job at the council.

1-0 Morton. Forbes will be involved.

He has already started talking to players so chances are most of them already know who he wants to keep. More likely that some will have downed tools than being extra motivated.

As for us finishing 4th, I think we have no chance for the simple reason that our defence is shit. Apart from the fact that I can't see Morton dropping enough points even if we didn't give so many points away.

No left back in the starting line up for us today despite a proper left back and a CH that can play there being on the bench. 

It's the one noticeable omission isn't it. Doyle at left and McDonagh at right?

Archived