Greenock Morton V Queens

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Robinson 8/10 rating in the Sunday Mail. Someone's having a laugh. If he is operating under instructions at goal-kicks, kick-outs and time-wasting, etc.  I'd be extremely disappointed in our Management team. It's quite understandable that some fans want Atkinson to be given a chance. Maybe now our play-off hopes are all but dead we can give him a run out.

Poor defending again at the goal but hardly unexpected. I think Mercer is shaky at right back but absolutely lost at left back and Rankin should have stayed on his feet to try and block Forbes instead of going to ground too early. 

Forbes' challenge on Rankin was a bit naughty but not too obvious until  viewed in slo-mo. Lucky to escape unpunished and then to go on and score the winner. 

I think we got what we deserved from the game. all but ending any faint play-off hopes and probably leaves us with a simple fight with Dunfermline to secure 5th place.

Perhaps a disappointing position given our first quarter showing but hardly surprising given our total collapse in the second quarter and mid-table was probably the most popular pre-season forecast anyway. 

Archived