Greenock Morton V Queens

Guest Flash
21 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

Do Queens fans think Naysmith instructed Robinson to waste time at 0-0 in the 1st half of a game they should be looking to win, or was it his own idiot decision?

Difficult to know for sure,  but he apparently did the same thing v Dunfermline on Tuesday night. So, either he disobeyed an instruction not to do it again, or he was told to do it again, or nobody spoke to him about it.

Naysmith was bemoaning the fact that we didn't get a point from the game, so I suspect he would have been happy enough with a draw. Despite all the codswallop beforehand about it being a "must win". And, as we had already signed up various Championship jobbers for next season either before the season started or within the last few weeks, it appears the management team already knew they were not going to be in the play-offs. Or, if they had somehow sneaked into them, they knew there was zero chance of getting any further. Of course, nobody sensible would have thought any different.

Because of this, and because he hasn't really done it before this week (as far as I know, certainly haven't seen fans of other teams mentioning it) imo he was told to do it.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flash, I think your right, it looks like Robinson was told  to time waste. Don't know what other Queens fans think about that ? I find it incredible that in such an important game (that Queens looked well capable of getting something out of) you would want to start to time waste in the 1st half @ 0-0! 

Is Lee Robinson actually a Rangers fan?

Most people from Sunderland tend not to be.

Most people from Sunderland don't move north of the border to play for a dead club. Or then go to the Tribute Act, as only the staunch members of the dead club's squad chose to do - those who treated it as a job were the first out the door.

So not really a relevant argument then.

It's about time they bring back the 6 second rule for keepers. There is too much time wasting from them not just when they have ball in hand but when a shot goes wide and they run out to edge of 18 yard box to berate defenders, or going behind goal at left hand post knowing full well ball is behind right post or defender goes to take a offside free kick outside the box then leaves it for the keeper.

Another one that annoys me is when a players goes to take a throw in knowing full well he won't be taking it and then throws the ball to the normal throw in taker

I'm not just having a go at Robinson here but all keepers

Queenslad. While I agree that all keepers waste time (and that should be stopped). Robinson was trying to waste time at 0-0 at around 44 minutes (he actually did it a couple of times earlier, hence the booking) in a game that his team should be trying to win! Shocking, and I presume he was instructed to do so by his manager.

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

Most people from Sunderland don't move north of the border to play for a dead club.

Wow. No shit, Sherlock!

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

Or then go to the Tribute Act, as only the staunch members of the dead club's squad chose to do - those who treated it as a job were the first out the door.

Nope, I think you'll find that it was purely pragmatic decision-making on behalf of both the players involved and the club, the main considerations from all parties being purely financial - and rightly so.

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

Much the same as "Lee Robinson let his club die", you mean?

Thanks for playing, etc, etc.

30 minutes ago, virginton said:

Most people from Sunderland don't move north of the border to play for a dead club. Or then go to the Tribute Act, as only the staunch members of the dead club's squad chose to do - those who treated it as a job were the first out the door.

You seem a little bewildered.

He left the original club three years before its liquidation.  He wound up at the new version a year after its creation.  Given the various clubs he's been around, I think we can safely say he treats it as a job.  He's had more than one spell with us too.

The last line of your post fits it well.

The players who considered matters primarily from a financial perspective walked away when Rangers died. The staunch members of the squad
transferred their allegiance to the Tribute Act.

Swing and a miss.

10 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

Queenslad. While I agree that all keepers waste time (and that should be stopped). Robinson was trying to waste time at 0-0 at around 44 minutes (he actually did it a couple of times earlier, hence the booking) in a game that his team should be trying to win! Shocking, and I presume he was instructed to do so by his manager.

Totally agree. The booking was for persistent time-wasting - but it came well into the second of the two minutes of stoppage time at the end of the first half. That's just stupidity on Robinson's part - though it was good to see a referee booking a keeper for time wasting, that doesn't happen often enough.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

The players who considered matters primarily from a financial perspective walked away when Rangers died. The staunch members of the squad

Swing and a miss.

^^^^^^^ word salad, clearly floundering.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Swing and a miss.

He was in no position to walk away when they died, because he was nowhere near them at the time.

You're struggling badly here.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

You did mention in your original post that he was a Rangers fan. Got that bit wrong then did you?

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

Swing and a miss.

Those who stayed when Rangers became Ringers did so in the main because they wouldn't have been offered a better gig elsewhere - Lee McCullough for example. All players treat it as a job, they have to - if they get to play for a team they have an affinity for, it's just a bonus.

As for "staunch" Rangers men, the nearest they have at the mo would be Kenny Miller. Who used to play for Celtic.

So, what were your points again?

Let's put it this way if it is a toss up between holding on to what we've got or going all out for a win then it is a reasonable assumption that we will happily settle for point.

Hard to imagine that Naysmith would instruct Lee Robinson to waste time early on but this is the sort of negative mindset that seems to have manifested itself in our squad.

We played Hibs a few weeks back at home and barely got out of our own half despite being in a reasonably comfortable league position.

No evidence of any ambitious desire in this squad and while mid table is not a disaster the underlying quality of our play is extremely poor and very unpleasant on the eye.

:lol:
This statement is absolutely fucking ridiculous and hasn't received the hounding it deserves. Wanting to finish lower in the league, outside the playoffs :lol: You're fooling no one.

You're either a liar or a mug and my money's on the latter. Every football fan wants their team to win as often as possible and, hopefully, win the odd trophy along the way. Next you'll be saying you'd prefer your team to lose playing great football than to win ugly!

I'm not trying to fool anyone. I completely stand by it. The best days following my club involved watching Dobbie. He is comfortably the best footballer I've seen pull on the jersey and one of the best players I've seen play at Palmerston for that matter.

Seeing him for 2 more seasons is absolutely priceless for me and is far more exciting than a 4th spot finish. I'll say one thing. If the play-offs were in any way fair towards the 4th spot side I wouldn't be AS staunch in my view. 4th spot is never going to go up via the play-offs though so it's a no brainer I'd trade that in place of seeing Dobbie.

The season we finished 4th gave us a couple of good games. Scoring late on at home to Falkirk was good at the time and it was good up at TFS as well. Did it come close to the joy I got watching Dobbie in 2008? Not even remotely.

4 hours ago, tonnitus said:

Came through the dead club's youth system, but got bitter and left (or something like that). When he returned to the regurgitated club, he toed the party line very well with all the "Rangers should be back where they belong" pish.

According to an anonymous internet forum he's a Sunderland fan (https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/lee-robinson-rangers-sub-goalie.1084417/)

Inconclusive?

He is definitely a Sunderland fan.

3 hours ago, Flash said:

Difficult to know for sure,  but he apparently did the same thing v Dunfermline on Tuesday night. So, either he disobeyed an instruction not to do it again, or he was told to do it again, or nobody spoke to him about it.

Because of this, and because he hasn't really done it before this week (as far as I know, certainly haven't seen fans of other teams mentioning it) imo he was told to do it.

He was worse yesterday for some reason but I dont think he was any worse at Dunfermline than he has been all season. I certainly dont think he would have been told to do it.

Almost lost a goal yesterday to Robinson dropping the ball to kick out when the attacker blocked the kick out. We have had a number of close shaves with this all year - again I feel a kick from hand would bring better distance and accuracy

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not trying to fool anyone. I completely stand by it. The best days following my club involved watching Dobbie. He is comfortably the best footballer I've seen pull on the jersey and one of the best players I've seen play at Palmerston for that matter.

Seeing him for 2 more seasons is absolutely priceless for me and is far more exciting than a 4th spot finish. I'll say one thing. If the play-offs were in any way fair towards the 4th spot side I wouldn't be AS staunch in my view. 4th spot is never going to go up via the play-offs though so it's a no brainer I'd trade that in place of seeing Dobbie.

The season we finished 4th gave us a couple of good games. Scoring late on at home to Falkirk was good at the time and it was good up at TFS as well. Did it come close to the joy I got watching Dobbie in 2008? Not even remotely.

You must be the only, so-called, supporter who'd prefer to watch an individual player, who deserted his club in his prime, to the detriment of the club. I smell shite!

virginton is having an absolute mare here, describing Lee Robinson as staunch because he stole a wage as about 6th choice keeper first time round. He then had the audacity to go back as third choice @ newco and played a couple of games due to injuries is hilarious while both times probably being paid over the odds. 

I'm now not sure what's cringier, the chant or virginton trying to defend it. 

Archived