Greenock Morton V Queens

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

You must be the only, so-called, supporter who'd prefer to watch an individual player, who deserted his club in his prime, to the detriment of the club. I smell shite!

I smell shite, too -and it's coming from your post. 

Football's no different to any other job; if you're any good you go where the better money or prospects are, and the fact that it's a much shorter career than most makes that all the more important.

And as far as I'm aware Dobbie had better options financially but chose to go back to QoS, so your post has even less going for it.

5 hours ago, Flash said:

Difficult to know for sure,  but he apparently did the same thing v Dunfermline on Tuesday night. So, either he disobeyed an instruction not to do it again, or he was told to do it again, or nobody spoke to him about it.

Have Queens had a habit of losing goals toward the end of the first half? His antics seemed to start about ten minutes before the end of the half. Maybe Naysmith's shiting himself that it'd happen again and telling the team to just come in evens at half time?

1 hour ago, Tetragrammaton said:

You must be the only, so-called, supporter who'd prefer to watch an individual player, who deserted his club in his prime, to the detriment of the club. I smell shite!

:lol:

Gie's peace. "deserted his club". Have a listen to yourself.

And whilst he isnt necessarily explaining his point well I tend to agree with his sentiments. I was lucky enough to see Dobbie play in his first spell and he IS the best player to play for us in my lifetime. He is a better player now but a lot older and his game has changed. He was an out and out forward then but isnt now. When he left my youngest son wasnt even born but now he is back when the same son is getting right into his football. I am delighted he has the chance to see a player of that quality play for us (and he was damn near unplayable for his first month or two back). He is also lucky enough to have got to kick a ball about with him and his kids a couple of times.

If the cost of having Dobbie back for two seasons was not making the playoffs for two years I would take it too. Its a ludicrous suggestion though. We have a better chance with him than without him, thats for sure.

Just now, Tetragrammaton said:

Are you another one who supports an individual player and not the team?

As it happens i`m not and other than your obsession we don`t have any evidence that anyone else does. You`ve made a c**t of yourself in a match thread when your team had a comfortable win but just you keep posting. It`s briliiant stuff.

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Can you quote me my earlier posts (plural) which would suppoty your view,

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The season we finished 4th gave us a couple of good games. Scoring late on at home to Falkirk was good at the time and it was good up at TFS as well. Did it come close to the joy I got watching Dobbie in 2008? Not even remotely.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If the cost of having Dobbie back for two seasons was not making the playoffs for two years I would take it too. 

There you go.

Archived