Greenock Morton V Queens

Nothing really to play for now never make the playoffs.Morton are unbeaten at home and are a very good side so I  expect a home win.

We have to start building for next season now maybe make a push for the playoffs next season

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As above hopefully Lindsay & Doyle are back for this. Hopefully we can take advantage of what will be a tired Queens team after 3 games in a week while we've had a week off. Assuming Doyle and Lindsay make it:

Gaston;

Doyle, Kilday O'Ware, Russell;

Forbes, Murdoch, Lindsay, Nesbitt;

Tidser;

Shankland.

2-1 home win.

Huge game for us, a win and we've pretty much nailed  fourth place.
2 nil to the Ton.

I'd say it's already wrapped up. It's now a pretty meaningless game for us. A win or draw would be nice to ensure we stay clear of a relegation scrap but in all honesty I can't see that happening now and wouldn't be too fussed if Naysmith started one or two of our younger boys.

Our season is now about Naysmith deciding who is worth keeping or scrapping next term. That shouldn't take too long mind you.

Given the game is on tele I'll be shocked if we take many more than 200.

We will concede goals, our defence lacks confidence and composure although I thought Hammil and Higgins did ok last night but Brownlie and Mercer were shaky (being a bit kind there). Our forward(s) and midfield will have to be a bit more clinical when they have scoring chances to compensate for our defensive frailties. 

My prediction: That the ball will spend more time in the air than on the deck when we have possession.

I'd say it's already wrapped up. It's now a pretty meaningless game for us. A win or draw would be nice to ensure we stay clear of a relegation scrap but in all honesty I can't see that happening now and wouldn't be too fussed if Naysmith started one or two of our younger boys.

Our season is now about Naysmith deciding who is worth keeping or scrapping next term. That shouldn't take too long mind you.

Given the game is on tele I'll be shocked if we take many more than 200.

Clashes with Scotland v England in the 6 nations as well so I predict a low crowd in general.

This game I would prefer best possible team and until it's mathematical impossible to catch up. Once we definitely can't catch up then by all means play the youth players etc.

10 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Clashes with Scotland v England in the 6 nations as well so I predict a low crowd in general.

This game I would prefer best possible team and until it's mathematical impossible to catch up. Once we definitely can't catch up then by all means play the youth players etc.

Jeez it`s tough being a QOS fan these days with all the counter attractions that clash with big games. Champions League last night, the Tory Party conference last weekend and now egg-chasing this weekend. No wonder our crowds are down. Such a pity given our football is a joy to behold at the moment.

29 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Jeez it`s tough being a QOS fan these days with all the counter attractions that clash with big games. Champions League last night, the Tory Party conference last weekend and now egg-chasing this weekend. No wonder our crowds are down. Such a pity given our football is a joy to behold at the moment.

And added to watching our Barca-esque flowing style of football, which should be at its best on this good surface, who wouldn't want to travel and sit in the Cappielow stand, risking DVT. banging their knees against the seats in front, stuck in the end furthest away from the snack bar and one trough toilets. Why anyone would want to avoid this matchday experience is beyond me. I'll be there.

As mentioned hope Doyle and Lindsay are back for this one. Oliver back in training but it will be way too soon for him to be involved.

Lets hope our good form at home continues and perhaps seal a promotion playoff place. 

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

And added to watching our Barca-esque flowing style of football, which should be at its best on this good surface, who wouldn't want to travel and sit in the Cappielow stand, risking DVT. banging their knees against the seats in front, stuck in the end furthest away from the snack bar and one trough toilets. Why anyone would want to avoid this matchday experience is beyond me. I'll be there.

^^^ supporting England at egg-chasing

So you are supporting England at egg-chasing then. Not sure why you needed to dress it up in a tear-stained whine about the Theatre of Dreams; your No vote already told us as much. 

As for the game, I'd play Nesbitt up front with Tidser playing behind; Shankland has not done enough to merit a start. 

2-0, Kilday (Forbes assist) and Forbes. 

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

TWO trough toilets, I'll have you know. It's the 21st century now.

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Simple. Bring enough fans and you get the choice of that stand or our open terrace. Morton wont be at a loss to accomadate your 50 to 100 fans so that stand it shall be enjoy.

Archived