• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I generally find the celtic-hibs patter pretty shite to be honest, but the first 3 or 4 pages of this thread feature some of the greatest whooshes of modern times.

I never believed it was that close before mate.

TGIG said 100% of Hibs fans were really Celtic fans on one post which I disagreed with.

However given the responses I got it's defo 75%+. If you don't like it fair enough as it does seem a bit strange however I think you just need to let the Hibs boys get on with it. It's their choice and if they want to support 2 teams so be it.

They could be cheering 2 title wins this season and no other fans will ever get that.

TGIG said 100% of Hibs fans were really Celtic fans on one post which I disagreed with.
However given the responses I got it's defo 75%+. If you don't like it fair enough as it does seem a bit strange however I think you just need to let the Hibs boys get on with it. It's their choice and if they want to support 2 teams so be it.
They could be cheering 2 title wins this season and no other fans will ever get that.

25ee080108f50a6b0ad57a0630c3c7ed.jpg

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

:lol:

Give it a rest, Gullible Bairn.

By the way, I make that three penalties Darren Barr has conceded in 2017 so far. (the ghost one at Cappielow, the sickening one against Raith and that today). That's pretty poor for our most experienced defender.

I've read that you thought Lang dhould have started yesterday but for me Barr is the strongest performing cb we have. Looking at the goals vid earlier in this thread Bucky should deal with the cross for their first goal.

I would still dispute the Ayr penalty being a foul, in midfield thats a standard challenge.

I thought Lang done well last week in his first start for us, but I wouldnt drop Barr or Bucky for him.

Here the ref absolutely shat it fae big Nade by the way. Raises his hands and hits Forster in his beautiful face but only a yellow then gets subbed immediately. SAME OLD DUMBARTON, ALWAYS CHEATIN1!1!!!!1!!

Just now, sonsanorak said:

I've read that you thought Lang dhould have started yesterday but for me Barr is the strongest performing cb we have. Looking at the goals vid earlier in this thread Bucky should deal with the cross for their first goal.

I would still dispute the Ayr penalty being a foul, in midfield thats a standard challenge.

I thought Lang done well last week in his first start for us, but I wouldnt drop Barr or Bucky for him.

I would've started Lang over Buchanan yesterday, not Barr. It's not a matter of dropping one of Barr/Buchanan, it's the fact that Lang was dropped despite being a key part of a defence which got a clean sheet last week, Barr looked pretty comfortable alongside him and (albeit against a poor team), they restricted Raith to about two serious efforts on goal all game.

It seems daft to moan about team selection after such a good result, but I'm not sure what message it sends out where Buchanan strolls back into the team at the expense of a guy who really impressed. 

7 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I would've started Lang over Buchanan yesterday, not Barr. It's not a matter of dropping one of Barr/Buchanan, it's the fact that Lang was dropped despite being a key part of a defence which got a clean sheet last week, Barr looked pretty comfortable alongside him and (albeit against a poor team), they restricted Raith to about two serious efforts on goal all game.

It seems daft to moan about team selection after such a good result, but I'm not sure what message it sends out where Buchanan strolls back into the team at the expense of a guy who really impressed. 

Perhaps Aitken felt Lang wouldn't cope with the occasion? He's never played in a game like that before and probably felt that Bucky was better equiped. Lang looked good last week, but also looked shaky against St. Mirren, I can understand Aitken going with Bucky's experience.

Also think it's a bit harsh on Barr regarding the penalies he's given away. He's been extremely unlucky in a lot of the incidents mentioned, I think the one against Ayr was the only one I thought he should have dealt with better.

Smith, Barr, Bucky and Harvie is our first choice back 4, if they're fit they'll play IMO.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps Aitken felt Lang wouldn't cope with the occasion? He's never played in a game like that before and probably felt that Bucky was better equiped. Lang looked good last week, but also looked shaky against St. Mirren, I can understand Aitken going with Bucky's experience.

Also think it's a bit harsh on Barr regarding the penalies he's given away. He's been extremely unlucky in a lot of the incidents mentioned, I think the one against Ayr was the only one I thought he should have dealt with better.

Smith, Barr, Bucky and Harvie is our first choice back 4, if they're fit they'll play IMO.

This.

23 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Given that he made a sublime save in injury time your point is invalid.

Saving shots is his job. Colossal f**k-ups is not.

19 hours ago, rockson said:

He uses the exact same routine for every goal kick - no matter what the score or how long the game has gone on.

What's he supposed to do? Rush his kick and gift you the ball? Grow up.

I didn't notice the Hibs fans making noise about "time-wasting" during the first half.

You clearly didn't notice much at all, did you? He began his time-wasting in ~32nd minute, where he would take control of a loose ball at his feet and wait for an attacker to close him down before picking it up. Hibs' fans discontent with this shitebag behaviour was very clear.

You clearly didn't notice much at all, did you? He began his time-wasting in ~32nd minute, where he would take control of a loose ball at his feet and wait for an attacker to close him down before picking it up. Hibs' fans discontent with this shitebag behaviour was very clear.

That's not time wasting, the ball is still in open play in this instance

18 minutes ago, Vanquinho. said:

Saving shots is his job. Colossal f**k-ups is not.

Imagine actually being this raging about a part-time team in relegation danger not rushing to take goal kicks against the Champions elect.

Alan Martin took two points from you lot yesterday. Dress it up anyway you like, without him it would've been 3 or 4-1. A penalty save, played a part in our two goals and pulled off some sublime stops.

FWIW in the game I mentioned way back at the start of this thread at Ibrox I saw Mark Oxley timewaste from the 20th minute when Scott Robertson (IIRC) gave you the lead. I trust you were disgusted at such actions?

Imagine actually being this raging about a part-time team in relegation danger not rushing to take goal kicks against the Champions elect.
Alan Martin took two points from you lot yesterday. Dress it up anyway you like, without him it would've been 3 or 4-1. A penalty save, played a part in our two goals and pulled off some sublime stops.
FWIW in the game I mentioned way back at the start of this thread at Ibrox I saw Mark Oxley timewaste from the 20th minute when Scott Robertson (IIRC) gave you the lead. I trust you were disgusted at such actions?

Mark Oxley was the worlds worst for time wasting. Thankfully it came back to bite him on the arse when he got booked up in Inverness in a cup game which ruled him out of the semi and Big Conrad done the bizzo

The ironic thing was that when he was booked that night it was a genuine issue he had with a missing contact lense iirc. The boy who cried wolf

Archived