Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably worth mentioning that was the best first half I'd seen in ages, two teams playing really well. Ball was glued to the floor with Sibbald and Forbes both picking excellent passes, real shame we don't have anything to show for it.

1 minute ago, JinkyBairn said:

McHugh done f**k all man. 

Nearly got us a point with that flick at the front post. Didn't have a great view for that header of the post that he tried to follow in but looked a decent effort.

Just got in the house after the game and haven't got round to reading any posts so excuse my waffling if I'm repeating other people. Kerr was brutal and given the round around. Aird was a waste of a jersey. Had no confidence to take anyone on and just wanted rid of it, his distribution was shocking, looked like a pub player and kept coming in field. Leahy in my opinion is not playing well at LB, Taiwo had an off day, Grant was solid though and thought Sibbald for was our MOTM, at least he tried a few things. Hippo did well when he came on, should have been in from the start. Couldn't understand Houstons team selection! We kept playing high balls to Baird which were meat and drink to their CB's, very baffling. Have to give credit to Morton. They took advantage of us having an off day!! Play off against DU unless things change dramatically!

Well done morton. Only consolation for me, a bit like the Scottish cup game is that we absolutely got the starting 11 wrong again. Hippo Muirhead and miller should all be playing. Aird baird and Kidd should be subs and kerr and Taiwo together gives them to much respect. 8 games against morton and hibs this season and we've lost 4 and drawn 4.

Hugely frustrating match, pretty much screwed our chances of second place.

Must admit that Morton are a pretty decent outfit and carried out their game plan well, just a pity most of their posters on here are charmless gimps.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Well done morton. Only consolation for me, a bit like the Scottish cup game is that we absolutely got the starting 11 wrong again. Hippo Muirhead and miller should all be playing. Aird baird and Kidd should be subs and kerr and Taiwo together gives them to much respect. 8 games against morton and hibs this season and we've lost 4 and drawn 4.

What a horrific stat. We're not going anywhere lol.

21 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I actually thought Lindsay and Murdoch both had one of their poorest games for us so far. Not bad performances, just not at their usual level.

This.Whilst you couldn't say they were 'poor'...this wasn't Lindsay and Murdoch at their very best.

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Thought the same with Kerr & Taiwo. Morton pressed hell out of them, neither had the quick feet to deal with it. I think if the finishing 11 had been the starting 11 we may have taken something from the game.

9 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

Have to give credit to Morton. They took advantage of us having an off day!! 

.......or maybe, just maybe, Morton had the game plan and the players to make sure you had an "off day"?

Our games against Hibs and Morton have generally been a disaster this season. We've played well below our best and Houston definitely got the team wrong today. The number of misplaced passes in the second half was comical, summed up by Craigen's header just before the goal. Fair play to Morton though, their pressing was spot on 

14 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

We lack experience and composure without miller up top. That second half was made for him. He must be watching going wtf. He also gives us an alternative high ball into the box which he attacks

I think Falkirks biggest miss is Blair Alston.

4 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I was a big Blair Alston fan. Not all falkirk fans appreciated him till he left though.

How does that Joni Mitchell song go again..." You don't know what you've got till its gone...."

Why did it take us until going a goal down to show any urgency. Our passing was pedestrian and sideways or lofted balls forward to wee Baird. Went one down then decided to use our wingers properly and play quick passing and get decent balls into the box especially from Hippo. The right hand side is still a real problem. Could Kidd play RM with Muirhead at RB?

How does that Joni Mitchell song go again..." You don't know what you've got till its gone...."

That's football fans though eh? Remember standing at hampden and listening to neanderthals slating Kenny Dalglish playing for Scotland. Falkirk fans slagging latapy for not tracking back enough etc

Archived