How would/ will you vote?

Fide

The vote  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yes for me, although if I'm still in Spain when it happens won't get a vote.

87% yes on here so far, is impressive. Can anyone mind what the P&B final figure was last time? 

About the same and we know a fair few posters must have lied.  I've mentioned this before.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bump. No doubt about it for me now. On June the 8th, barring an against all odds shock, England are going to speak for the whole UK and say that it is ok to be governed by Theresa May, that the hardest of Brexits is ok, and that the Tories with a further consolidated majority should have the reins once free from the checks and balances of EU law.

This is a meaningless statement.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No it isnt. My greatest fear of Brexit was always the Tories being in charge of employment law. 

My greatest fear of Brexit was losing the Famous Freedoms.  EU employment law is broad and shallow and how its implemented in detail is down to a each country.  Absolutely nothing to do with The Tories.

8th June is going to see a greater majority, and a democratic mandate, given to a prime minister that oversaw abuse of asylum seeking women at Yarls Wood and deported record number of LGBT asylum seekers. The Tories don't give a solitary shit about the vulnerable in society but the British people are almost certainly going to give their approval to them. Sod being here any longer.

8th June is going to see a greater majority, and a democratic mandate, given to a prime minister that oversaw abuse of asylum seeking women at Yarls Wood and deported record number of LGBT asylum seekers. The Tories don't give a solitary shit about the vulnerable in society but the British people are almost certainly going to give their approval to them. Sod being here any longer.

Heads gone.

Oh FFS. I do love the smell of a lefty claiming the moral high ground.

Are there any lefties who don't feel the urge to do this?

Don't forget, NotThePars had unprecedented access to each and every one of those deported asylum cases and can tell us why the nasty Government rejected them for absolutely no reason.

Or he could just be an airy-fairy lefty YesLoser.

And another for good measure: http://www.centreforwelfarereform.org/news/uk-in-breachhuman-rights/00287.html

Remember that the right have got to the point where opposing the deaths of the disabled, asylum seekers and other vulnerable groups is "virtue signalling" and "claiming the moral high ground".

2 hours ago, Mastermind said:

Don't forget, NotThePars had unprecedented access to each and every one of those deported asylum cases and can tell us why the nasty Government rejected them for absolutely no reason.

Or he could just be an airy-fairy lefty YesLoser.

Go and take your face for a shit.

Right, so opposing the deportations of LGBT asylum seekers is now "airy fairy lefty YesLoser" behaviour. I also read on another thread recently that being disgusted by the rape clause is an attempt to claim "the moral high ground". I would laugh it off and dismiss such arrant nonsense as the ramblings of right-wing trolls, but I now suspect those are probably opinions shared by a much larger section of the British electorate than I would ever care to believe. 

What an absolutely revolting society we have become. 

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Right, so opposing the deportations of LGBT asylum seekers is now "airy fairy lefty YesLoser" behaviour. I also read on another thread recently that being disgusted by the rape clause is an attempt to claim "the moral high ground". I would laugh it off and dismiss such arrant nonsense as the ramblings of right-wing trolls, but I now suspect those are probably opinions shared by a much larger section of the British electorate than I would ever care to believe. 

What an absolutely revolting society we have become. 

I watched Newsnight tonight for some political insight on this election and instead got a report from 'Lib Dem Territory' from the ''I'm usually Lib Dem, but I'll be voting for Teresa to finish the job'' x5.

Of course, maybe I'm falling for TV sensationalism but I don't think so, this is a huge chunk of the electorate, and probably always has been. The Tories seem to gain a percentage point the further to the right they go.

I'm looking forward to the Dan Carling podcast of the UK from 2005-2015 in the near future. As I'm too lazy read the high-brow book.

Time for the 'Scotland will be run by Haggis McWilliam Wallace', 'Yer we cannae even run the SFA never mind oor nation, Da',  and level-headed centralist to get a grip and vote for Scottish independence in the next few years and let us go our way ; if it's a disaster, it still won't be Brexit Britain.

I'm saying that I don't think this is what angers you. Personally I don't think you or anyone else on the hard left gives more than a couple of shits about anyone but yourself and your nearest and dearest.
You really earnestly want everyone to believe you do though.
You want to grab that moral high ground plant your flag and hold it proudly to your breast. whilst shouting "I simply MUST care. I signed a Facebook petition and everyfink".
At least be honest. This is just all about opposing the Tories for the sake of it. You have no more right to claim the moral high ground than anyone else.
"Complicit in people's deaths".....give us a break and grow up FFS.

You're right. I'm selfish and put myself ahead of most others. This doesn't mean I'm incapable of empathy however because I'm not a complete twat. Not yet anyways.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Lefties have been attempting to claim the moral high ground for longer than I have been alive bud.

If it wasn't benefits reform you would find something else.

The current hysteria where a hatred of poverty by the right is being falsely equated to a hatred of the poor by the hard left is an example of shabby behaviour where the poor are being used as a political football by the left to score points against the Tories.

The hard left would try to fool us into thinking that only they care about the poor.

Someone must remind me what happened to poverty when the left got into power in the past. I seem to recall entrenched dependency on the state, out of control public spending and economic collapse. At no point do I ever remember poverty being eradicated.

Your rants against the poor and disadvantaged of this country and your incandescent hatred of the welfare system shows that you don't give a baboon's ballsack about "the poor".

The worrying fact is that there are a lot of people like you, especially in England, whose empathy stretches no further than their own wee bubble, hence why the Tories are currently cantering it.

Your shrieks of claiming the moral high ground/ lefty hysteria is actually normal, empathetic people choosing to give a shit about people in genuine need.

Grow up and have a word with yourself.

Archived